HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ben Maxwell (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=584801)

Maxpac 12-18-2008 10:19 AM

Ben Maxwell
 
To make room for Komisarek and Laraque who are both official for tonight, the Habs have sent back Ben Maxwell to the AHL.

Lines for tonight

A.Kost-Plekanec-Kovalev
Tanguay-Lang-D'Agostini
Latendresse-Lappierre-Kostopoulos
Laraque-Bégin-S.Kost

The obssession with Kostopoulos playing in an offensive is REALLY getting annoying, the guy hasn't scored since the last full moon anc can't make a pass to save his life, it's not his place, especially when we have a player like S.Kost on the team.

Jee 12-18-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 16868363)
The obssession with Kostopoulos playing in an offensive is REALLY getting annoying, the guy hasn't scored since the last full moon anc can't make a pass to save his life, it's not his place, especially when we have a player like S.Kost on the team.

He creates a lot of chances.

I like him where he is.

what bugs me is why Lapierre isn't with Bégin... They both were very good together.

MathMan 12-18-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 16868363)
The obssession with Kostopoulos playing in an offensive is REALLY getting annoying, the guy hasn't scored since the last full moon anc can't make a pass to save his life, it's not his place, especially when we have a player like S.Kost on the team.

Well, it's not like Sergei is lighting it up; I'm pretty sure Kostopoulos has scored more recently than Sergei...

hogtownhabsfan* 12-18-2008 10:23 AM

Kosto is Carbos pet. Kosto is a great 4th liner, but that's it...

Iwishihadacup 12-18-2008 10:23 AM

source?

MathMan 12-18-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffonfire (Post 16868406)
what bugs me is why Lapierre isn't with Bégin... They both were very good together.

Simple: they need four centers, so with Maxwell down they need both to play pivot.

Jee 12-18-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathMan (Post 16868424)
Simple: they need four centers, so with Maxwell down they need both to play pivot.

I like you man!

One Man Rock Band 12-18-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 16868363)
To make room for Komisarek and Laraque who are both official for tonight, the Habs have sent back Ben Maxwell to the AHL.

Lines for tonight

A.Kost-Plekanec-Kovalev
Tanguay-Lang-D'Agostini
Latendresse-Lappierre-Kostopoulos
Laraque-Bégin-S.Kost

The obssession with Kostopoulos playing in an offensive is REALLY getting annoying, the guy hasn't scored since the last full moon anc can't make a pass to save his life, it's not his place, especially when we have a player like S.Kost on the team.

I wouldn't really call the 3rd line an *offensive* line with Lapierre as the centre. Sure, they have some minimal offensive potential, but that exact trio has been used as our 4th line both this season and last.

Plus, Sergei has been absolutely horrendous this season (well since the first handful of games) and this coming from one of his biggest fans.

Also, Kostopoulos has production rate that is very similar to that of Sergei Kostitsyn and has scored just one less goal.

Oh and in their last 12 GP.. Kostopoulos has 4 points in comparison to Sergei's 2 points.

And to say that Kostopoulos can't pass, in my opinion, means you don't watch him on the ice. The guy is definitely a good enough offensive player to play on the 3rd line with our club.

Is he a top-9 offensive player on our team? No. Does he deserve to get more minutes than some of the top-9 forwards right now? You're damn right he does!

Maxpac 12-18-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 16868416)
source?

both RDS.ca and corussports.com

Corey 12-18-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathMan (Post 16868408)
Well, it's not like Sergei is lighting it up; I'm pretty sure Kostopoulos has scored more recently than Sergei...


How true, how true, how true, but the news hasn't reached Laval yet. :D

Jee 12-18-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 16868480)
How true, how true, how true, but the news hasn't reached Laval yet. :D

:laugh::laugh: damn I can't wait to buy my condo in Le Plateau and leave Laval!

Maxpac 12-18-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natey2k4 (Post 16868473)
I wouldn't really call the 3rd line an *offensive* line with Lapierre as the centre. Sure, they have some minimal offensive potential, but that exact trio has been used as our 4th line both this season and last.

Plus, Sergei has been absolutely horrendous this season (well since the first handful of games) and this coming from one of his biggest fans.

Also, Kostopoulos has production rate that is very similar to that of Sergei Kostitsyn and has scored just one less goal.

And to say that Kostopoulos can't pass, in my opinion, means you don't watch him on the ice. The guy is definitely a good enough offensive player to play on the 3rd line with our club.

Is he a top-9 offensive player on our team? No. Does he deserve to get more minutes than some of the top-9 forwards right now? You're damn right he does!

No he doesn't, it's not his place and he shoudn't play there. When is the last time that a Kostopoulos, Dandenault or Laraque on a top line ever worked? It never did! I'm probably Georges Laraque's greatest fan, but even i know he is not the player that will get Sergei going again, he needs to play with offensive forwards, not goons. What Carbo fails to understand is that when good coaches put 4th line players on good lines when nothing is going on the ice and you need to pull out a new trick, but when you put 4th line players on a top 3 line every single game, there's no more message going on, just a coach who can't make lines right. In a way, our own coach is holding the team back.

Jee 12-18-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 16868547)
No he doesn't, it's not his place and he shoudn't play there. When is the last time that a Kostopoulos, Dandenault or Laraque on a top line ever worked? It never did! I'm probably Georges Laraque's greatest fan, but even i know he is not the player that will get Sergei going again, he needs to play with offensive forwards, not goons. What Carbo fails to understand is that when good coaches put 4th line players on good lines when nothing is going on the ice and you need to pull out a new trick, but when you put 4th line players on a top 3 line every single game, there's no more message going on, just a coach who can't make lines right. In a way, our own coach is holding the team back.

meh, comparing Laraque and Kosto is so wrong. Laraque is a fighter, that's it.

Kostopoulous is a less talented Scott Walker. He deserves a spot in our third line.

Maxpac 12-18-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffonfire (Post 16868594)
meh, comparing Laraque and Kosto is so wrong. Laraque is a fighter, that's it.

Kostopoulous is a less talented Scott Walker. He deserves a spot in our third line.

and sice when do less talented Scott Walker's desirve to be on an offensive line for long strech of time?

Jee 12-18-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 16868655)
and sice when do less talented Scott Walker's desirve to be on an offensive line for long strech of time?

because he is still effective in what he is doing... creating a lotsa chances and driving the net.

VAN-HAB 12-18-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffonfire (Post 16868708)
because he is still effective in what he is doing... creating a lotsa chances and driving the net.

Not so many lately

One Man Rock Band 12-18-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffonfire (Post 16868708)
because he is still effective in what he is doing... creating a lotsa chances and driving the net.

Bingo.

When Sergei can create even HALF the scoring chances that Kostopoulos does in a game.. he can have his spot back. Until then, I'd rather have Kosto playing just as much or similar minutes because at least he wears down the other team with physical play.

Iwishihadacup 12-18-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffonfire (Post 16868708)
because he is still effective in what he is doing... creating a lotsa chances and driving the net.

I'm with you on this one, The guy deserves to be on an offensive line, he plays great. Now if he can capitaliz eon his chances, he could stay there

habaholic 12-18-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 16868655)
and sice when do less talented Scott Walker's desirve to be on an offensive line for long strech of time?

When has playing on a third line become an offensive assignment? I've been watching hockey since since the late 70's and a 3rd line on a habs team (perhaps 90% of teams) has always been a defensive line. The 4th line being the "energy line" as they like to refer to it these days.

Jee 12-18-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB (Post 16868730)
Not so many lately

but who can, lately?

Patrice Brisebois... yay

Mats NAslund 12-18-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 16868363)
To make room for Komisarek and Laraque who are both official for tonight, the Habs have sent back Ben Maxwell to the AHL.

Lines for tonight

A.Kost-Plekanec-Kovalev
Tanguay-Lang-D'Agostini
Latendresse-Lappierre-Kostopoulos
Laraque-Bégin-S.Kost

The obssession with Kostopoulos playing in an offensive is REALLY getting annoying, the guy hasn't scored since the last full moon anc can't make a pass to save his life, it's not his place, especially when we have a player like S.Kost on the team.

I think the reasoning behind this tonigh is because the Flyers play physical and Kostopoulos forechecks like a beast. That being said I can see S. kostitsyn playing on that line as the game progresses.
Remember both he and Latendresse have been in the dog house. Latendresse should a better effort vs. the Canes and is thus being rewarded for it.

Should be a interesting game tonight. if Montreal doesn't show up tonight it could be very ugly. Flyers are the hottest team in the league right now. They are fast tough and relentless!

Darz 12-18-2008 10:54 AM

Um, without Koivu and Higgins in the lineup, we ARE NOT rolling 3 offensive lines, so Kostop isn't technically playing on an offensive line if he's playing 3rd line duties.

I am getting sick of hearing how S. Kost. deserves minutes and promotion, like he has prove ANYTHING in this league yet. Look at his career NHL stats....

79games 12goals 24assists 36points

.....hmmm, I'm surprise he hasn't won a boat load of Hart trophies yet!

Maxpac 12-18-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habaholic (Post 16868754)
When has playing on a third line become an offensive assignment? I've been watching hockey since since the late 70's and a 3rd line on a habs team (perhaps 90% of teams) has always been a defensive line. The 4th line being the "energy line" as they like to refer to it these days.

sorry to break the news to you, but it's our goal since the start of the season to have 3 offensive lines , thus why Koivu, Plekanec and Lang are our top 3 centers.

Ra 12-18-2008 10:58 AM

Farewell Mr. Maxwell. It's just a good bye, see you soon

One Man Rock Band 12-18-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 16868844)
sorry to break the news to you, but it's our goal since the start of the season to have 3 offensive lines , thus why Koivu, Plekanec and Lang are our top 3 centers.

Like I've already said, being on a line that has been our 4th line this season and last year, isn't an offensive line.

Kostopoulos is on the 3rd line, which isn't an offensive line.. sorry to break it to you. Maybe you should read the names of the players on the line again.

Higgins (top-9 winger) & Koivu (top-9 centre) are out.. leaving us with Latendresse and Kostitsyn.. who are fitting for the last top-9 winger spot.. and if you can't admit that Latendresse has been better than Kostitsyn this year, I don't know what to tell you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.