HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Closest you've come to scoring without scoring (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=585487)

cptjeff 12-19-2008 06:07 PM

Closest you've come to scoring without scoring

Inspired by the biggest goal you've ever scored thread...

What's the closest you've come to getting a goal without actually getting one? Freak bounce, amazing desperation save by the goalie, what?

JorgeRocks! 12-19-2008 06:10 PM

scored a goal and it got waived off. obvs buddy

cptjeff 12-19-2008 06:12 PM

How did it get waved off is more the question if you're going to go with that one...

Rickety Cricket 12-19-2008 06:52 PM

I took a rebound shot while the goalie was completly out of position and then he waddled backwards into the net and I nailed him in the ass.

DungeonK 12-19-2008 07:09 PM

Flipped it into the right pole and it slide across the line perfectly into the goalie who was sprawled on the ice by the left pole. Couldn't believe it.

rye&ginger 12-19-2008 07:46 PM

Clear breakaway, I shoot 5 hole. I dont see where it goes, and look around frantically along with the goalie. I loose my balance a bit, then see the puck sliding to the goal behind the goalie. I try to get to it to poke it in, goalie scrambles from his side to stop it. My balance is already too far off and I fall towards the side boards in total failure. A defenseman picks up the puck which is lying on the goal line and moves it up ice. Maybe another centimetre and its a goal the ref told me afterwards!

qwertysac 12-19-2008 09:05 PM

left post, crossbar, right post and out :cry:

noobman 12-19-2008 09:42 PM

I've had a shot go off of both posts, off the goalie's back, and onto the line. It didn't cross the goal.

Reckless Abandon* 12-19-2008 10:07 PM

Am I the only one who wants to watch American Pie right now?

McMonster 12-19-2008 10:08 PM

I hit like 17 posts a game so its hard to just pick one out.... I ahve the worst luck

AK 12-19-2008 10:19 PM

Last year, shootout.

I went forehand/backhand (I'm a lefty), and the puck went post, bar, post, and rolled on edge a few inches in front of the goal line before being trapped.

I wanted to puke.

Slapshot_11 12-19-2008 10:31 PM

Standing in front of the net, goalie saves puck with rebound which I get and go back hand to forehand with a open net but I slide it across the other side of the post wide.

NYRSinceBirth 12-19-2008 10:39 PM

Roller hockey one day, the puck came right to my tape. I was on the goalie's left side, but he came over damn fast (I'm lefty, my off wing). I ripped a wrister Ovechkin style (Pulled all the way back and shot it as hard as I could) puck hits the goalie in the face, off a defensman's leg, off the far post and out. I had about a 4 inch square that I think I was on target for, but the goalie definitely surprised me. He came across the crease fast, and was out of position because of it (When it went to far post), but it still annoys me like 2-3 years later. Especially considering I'm not much of a sniper and it was probably the best shot I've ever taken haha.

Doctor No 12-19-2008 10:42 PM

Iced the puck 200 feet against Metro State shorthanded (6-on-4) and it hit the post and went wide. I damn near **** my pants.

SoundwaveIsCharisma 12-19-2008 10:52 PM

Got in on a breakaway, completely fooled the goalie with a deke, he literally threw his glove and the shot went off of it. I flipped out and told the ref he can't do that, the ref ignored me.

yakitate304 12-19-2008 10:54 PM

Two or three years ago I had the puck in the corner slightly behind the line and threw it right at the goalie's skate on the near post since he was cheating for a centering feed. It bounces off the back of his leg/skate and pops up in the air, moving towards the net but slowly. At the last second the goalie realizes it's behind him and blindly swats his glove backwards (right hand glove), hitting the puck down and across the face of the goal, it hits the other post, then literally rolls on edge on the goal line and instead of hitting the other post and going in like it should have, it curves around the post that I initially shot it towards and escapes the crease. I couldn't believe it.

And I'm on the goal line with a perfect view of it all. So I went to the net (since the puck was coming back towards me) and jammed the ****ing puck in the net. So technically, I did score, but I couldn't believe the initial play didn't go in. It was one of the weirdest plays I have ever seen. It was literally rolling RIGHT on the line for a good 2 seconds.

El Duderino 12-19-2008 11:04 PM

A chick at a party passed out as soon as we went upstairs.

Other than that, I once fired a puck 5-hole on a goalie and the puck managed to squeeze through his legs... but a defenceman nearby managed to clear the puck before it crossed the line.

Both were somewhat disappointing.

qwertysac 12-19-2008 11:24 PM

:laugh::laugh:

vivianmb 12-20-2008 08:42 PM

hit two posts and it came out.

GopherState 12-21-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertysac (Post 16902734)
left post, crossbar, right post and out :cry:

I did it the other way around (Right, crossbar, left), but that was the most disappointing shot of my life because there was forty seconds left in a sectional playoff game and we were down by one.

DaSaint05 12-21-2008 11:59 PM

My team was in overtime in the semifinals of an away tournament. We did only a 5 min. OT then moved on to the shootout. I played the first two minutes of OT, sat a minute, and played the last two. With about 30 seconds left in the overtime period, I get my chance. The puck was right behind the clueless goalie, a foot in front of the goal line. I am on the goalie's backside, and reach to put in the game winner. I got hit as I reached and started to fall forward. My blade gets stuck in a huge divit:help: in the ice(probably from a skate) and flexes so hard my top hand let loose. The goalie then swatted it into the corner. Heartbreaker!:cry:

deanosaur 12-22-2008 01:25 AM

Not shooting!

nullterm 12-22-2008 01:43 AM

I've had numerous open net one timers that I whiffed on. I need to pull my head outta my butt and just focus on receiving the pass first, wrist it in second.

Metallian* 12-22-2008 02:04 AM

i only played when i was young, and was pretty bad. never scored.

closest? garbage goal scramble in front of the net, officials gave credit to some other kid who threw his arms up first (ugh!)

runner up, was tripped on a break away....no PS :(

SomeDude 12-22-2008 11:35 AM

Hit the crossbar, off the goalie's arm, off a post....and out.