HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Leetch Debut In Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=58578)

BlueNWhiteTilIDie 03-04-2004 07:24 PM

Leetch Debut In Toronto

Hi all,

First off, let me thank all of you for showing the class you have in wishing Leetch (and the Leafs) good luck. I know how tough it is to root for the Leafs when you aren't a Toronto fan.

That said, 3-0 Leafs over Islanders after one. Leetch two assists, both on the PP.

Your boy is going to well taken care of here. That is a guarantee.

Skroob* 03-04-2004 08:54 PM

Hey, any team that plays the Islanders gets out support. Seeing Leetch once again rack up the points against them is the icing on the cake.

BlueNWhiteTilIDie 03-04-2004 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skroob
Hey, any team that plays the Islanders gets out support. Seeing Leetch once again rack up the points against them is the icing on the cake.

Thank you Rangers.

Leafs 6, Isles 2 Final.

Leetch 3 assists, first star.

Mark Pavelich 03-04-2004 09:01 PM

I had to laugh at the too old, too slow comments. I wouldn't question a Leafs fans hockey IQ but a lot of you guys don't know Squat about Brian Leetch. You'll learn.

BlueNWhiteTilIDie 03-04-2004 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Pavelich
I had to laugh at the too old, too slow comments. I wouldn't question a Leafs fans hockey IQ but a lot of you guys don't know Squat about Brian Leetch. You'll learn.

Absolutely. I am one of the people, believe it or not, who was happier than a pig in slop with this deal. If you read the papers and listen to the radio here, you will find most agree with me. Some people, of course, are never happy. We bring in a guy who will get us closer to our first Stanley Cup in 37 years, and some Leaf fans still whine. Anyone who has even watched this guy play, being -5 on a non-playoff team, knows the asset the Leafs picked up. If Leaf fans didn't see a use for a Calder, Conn Smythe, two-time Norris and Cup winner, not to mention a perennial All Star, they do now.

Lobstertainment 03-04-2004 09:30 PM

Quote:

I knew Leetch wouldn't dissapoint, Leetch is a Winner, a Class Act, and one of the best Defneseman of all time.

xnyker 03-04-2004 09:35 PM

There is already 14 pages on the Islander/Toronto game thread of Toronto fans expounding on thier good fortune.

Pearl Necklace 03-04-2004 09:46 PM

For those of you...

...who couldn't watch Brian's debut with the Leafs last night you missed out. The crowd was awesome. They were on their feet in the third period screaming for Brian to shoot. Instead, he just faked and passed for his third assist of the night.

Incredible.
(Looks like I'm rooting for Brian in the playoffs).

GoM 03-04-2004 09:49 PM

I was at the game, the crowd went absolutely bananas whenever they mentioned Brian

The two Brians/Bryans owned tonight...McCabe had 2 goals and at least 1 assist, Leetch 3 assists

crump 03-04-2004 10:04 PM

Quote:

Yeah, You would think they didn't want the cup or something.

By the way...when asked about the Rangers, Leetch was obviously still very emotional about it. It was his life and his dream to play with the Rangers, so much so that he said he couldn't talk about the Rangers, it was still too painful I think. He just said "I can't talk about it yet"

He is a class guy for sure...

You guys are getting some really good prospects though. Immonen might be a real steal. I think Kondratiev will be a 5/6 guy on the Defense. But Immonen has some real talent, he sees the ice well and has consistantly been a top player this past year. The trick is gettting him over here, he is on some weird contract that you have to get approval first.

n8 03-04-2004 11:00 PM

i was amused at the 180 between all the "we overpayed for an over the hill player" comments to today's uninhibited usage of the :handclap: icon.

leafaholix* 03-04-2004 11:06 PM

He plays in Toronto, but it's obvious his heart's in New York.

Barnaby 03-04-2004 11:08 PM

We really should have gotten Carlo. This is the one deal this week I have a problem with. You know Carlo will be a top 4 d-man and I think you need North American players to be successful. Our top 3 d-man prospects are Tyutin, Baranka, and the guy who keeps complaining about having had to play in the minors.

Shoulda been:
Leetch
Bobo

for

Carlo
Immonen
1st

leafaholix* 03-04-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crump
I think Kondratiev will be a 5/6 guy on the Defense.

He's got #2/3 talent.

According to some, he's as talented as Colaiacovo.

Barnaby 03-04-2004 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
He's got #2/3 talent.

According to some, he's as talented as Colaiacovo.

I've heard that, but it scares me that we are just stockpiling Euros. Dont get me wrong - They are fine players, but you need some hard nosed North Americans.

in the hall 03-04-2004 11:16 PM

hey jd is that u :p

leafaholix* 03-04-2004 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
I've heard that, but it scares me that we are just stockpiling Euros. Dont get me wrong - They are fine players, but you need some hard nosed North Americans.

The tough part with Immonen is going to be getting him over to America.

Kondratiev will come over when he feels he's ready to play in the NHL.

Edge 03-05-2004 12:07 AM

i'm the first to admit that i am not a huge fan of european players which is why i am hoping for some western canadian kids come this june.

Cam Barker and maybe using toronto's pick and a second rounder to snag Andrew Ladd.

Big two-way defenseman and a big two-waywinger.

i can dream cant i.

NYR2 03-05-2004 12:13 AM

Quote:

Exactly what I was thinking. Brian can very well still bring it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crump
By the way...when asked about the Rangers, Leetch was obviously still very emotional about it. It was his life and his dream to play with the Rangers, so much so that he said he couldn't talk about the Rangers, it was still too painful I think. He just said "I can't talk about it yet"

Ugh, here come the tears again. :(

Edge 03-05-2004 12:21 AM

lol NYR2, i dont think you should ever man a suicide hotline.

Barnaby 03-05-2004 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
i'm the first to admit that i am not a huge fan of european players which is why i am hoping for some western canadian kids come this june.

Cam Barker and maybe using toronto's pick and a second rounder to snag Andrew Ladd.

i can dream cant i.

C'mon Edge, you know this organization by now....

We'll have Mike Green and Schremp ;)

Seriously though as much as I want Ovechkin, Barker may very well be the best long-term pick. Would you rather have a big franchise 2-way d-man or another enigmatic goal scorer?

NYR2 03-05-2004 12:37 AM

Quote:

lol NYR2, i dont think you should ever man a suicide hotline.

:joker: Dude, I'm DYING over here! I can't deal with this, I want him back home in NY where he belongs!

in the hall 03-05-2004 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
C'mon Edge, you know this organization by now....

We'll have Mike Green and Schremp ;)

Seriously though as much as I want Ovechkin, Barker may very well be the best long-term pick. Would you rather have a big franchise 2-way d-man or another enigmatic goal scorer?

enigmatic.. dude ovechkin is for real.. he is better then kovalchuk was at the same age defensive and offensive and has the same talent.. also is not as cocky.... to put things in right perspective barker would be the fourth defenseman picked in last years draft... ovechkin would go first overall as a 17 year old...

Bluenote13 03-05-2004 11:22 AM

Quote:

i can dream cant i.

If Slats & Co are aggressive, that could be possible. It all depends on who the scouts like. I'm a little nervous because we've taken 2 Euro D-men & a nothing to look forward to Center in the 2nd round the last 3 drafts. I like Baranka & Tyutin, but we need some size upfront & it can't hurt to get bigger on D.

It's hard to figure out, our needs are so great. Just as long as no goalies are taken before the 4th round i think i'll be happy.