HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   News Article: Dallas Stars Shopping for #1 Defenseman (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=585824)

BigG44 12-20-2008 05:53 PM

Dallas Stars Shopping for #1 Defenseman
 
Quote:

Co-GMs Les Jackson and Brett Hull are here and said they are looking for a trade for a No. 1 defenseman, but that it doesn't look good.

They say the cost is too high and they may just have tor rely on what they have and see if Fistric or Vishnevskiy are ready for the move up.
http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...-daley-in.html

The most surprising part of this is that Jackson and Hull confirmed it. They usually keep this info pretty quite. I don't actually remember a time the Dallas Stars have come out and said their intentions in regards to trades.

Cloned 12-20-2008 05:57 PM

This is actually pretty interesting, because it implies that a #1 defenseman is available for trade right now. That isn't the case everyday.

piqued 12-20-2008 06:46 PM

Is this really news? They made it clear over the summer that a #1 Dman was the top organizational priority.

Of course since their apparent solution was Wade freaking Redden, I don't hold out much hope that a #1 will actually be acquired.

Caseman 12-20-2008 06:48 PM

Just don't trade Benn. I will cut off my hockey weenie if that happens.

BigG44 12-20-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piqued1457 (Post 16915578)
Is this really news? They made it clear over the summer that a #1 Dman was the top organizational priority.

Of course since their apparent solution was Wade freaking Redden, I don't hold out much hope that a #1 will actually be acquired.

I think it's news because the Stars and an ESPN article said the Stars weren't looking to make a move. Obviously they are.

I'll be surprised if they get something worked out though.

BigG44 12-20-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseman (Post 16915618)
Just don't trade Benn. I will cut off my hockey weenie if that happens.

Could you please tell me the difference between a hockey weenie and the real deal?

Caseman 12-20-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 16915660)
Could you please tell me the difference between a hockey weenie and the real deal?

My hockey weenie makes me a man.

BigG44 12-20-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseman (Post 16915802)
My hockey weenie makes me a man.

Awesome!!!

Dallasman 12-20-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 16915630)
I think it's news because the Stars and an ESPN article said the Stars weren't looking to make a move. Obviously they are.

I'll be surprised if they get something worked out though.

Yup. They'll make their moves this offseason and go from there.

Hull Fan 12-20-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseman (Post 16915802)
My hockey weenie makes me a man.

well played sir.

:handclap::yo::handclap:

Hull Fan 12-20-2008 07:48 PM

Dallas doesn't have enough that they should be willing to trade for Bouwmeester. Other than him just see if something comes available. Hell if Dallas continues to play like they are tonight they may get a franchise defenseman like Cowen fall into their lap.

BadHammy* 12-20-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hull Fan (Post 16916966)
Dallas doesn't have enough that they should be willing to trade for Bouwmeester. Other than him just see if something comes available. Hell if Dallas continues to play like they are tonight they may get a franchise defenseman like Cowen fall into their lap.

I think you're right, Dallas doesn't have enough to trade to get a top d-man. With all the trouble they've had this year, pack it in and go for Hedman while allowing the youngsters like Eriksson to get playing time and develop.

Hull Fan 12-20-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourthliner (Post 16917024)
I think you're right, Dallas doesn't have enough to trade to get a top d-man. With all the trouble they've had this year, pack it in and go for Hedman while allowing the youngsters like Eriksson to get playing time and develop.

Even if they packed it in, calling up Sawada and Fistric the Islanders, Bolts, and Thrashers are so bad that I don't think they have a chance in hell of Hedman. Cowen third or a guy like Schroder on the right side would help. There's a few midling defensemen who will be available this summer.

________ 12-20-2008 11:14 PM

Link

If you read between the lines nothing is going to happen unless they can get a player cheap until the off-season.

BigG44 12-20-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ________ (Post 16921567)
Link

If you read between the lines nothing is going to happen unless they can get a player cheap until the off-season.

Yeah, you're right. These quotes weren't in the original story on the blog:

Quote:

"We're not not going to look," Hull said, using the double negative. "But it's a lot easier to say than it is to do. How do you fit it into your budget? How do you get one without losing your prospects, your draft picks, people who are valuable to your organization? You steal from Peter to pay Paul, it doesn't make any sense."
It just sound like Hull wants people to think they are trying to do something even though they probably won’t.

Jackson goes on to say that he doesn't think it' would be a good business move to pay players, picks, and prospects to get some helps and then turn around and given them a huge contract in the offseason. That was obviously in regards to Bouwmeester.

________ 12-20-2008 11:58 PM

Not to mention the key part "budget" which means they can't take on anything other then cheap contracts.
Which explains the Hutchinson and Sutherby trades, they're going to try out both to see if they're worth keeping for next season.
Hutchinson if not, can be sent to the minors.

catters078 12-21-2008 04:05 PM

Would someone like Kaberle be a chance??

theheadmata 12-21-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ________ (Post 16922272)
Not to mention the key part "budget" which means they can't take on anything other then cheap contracts.
Which explains the Hutchinson and Sutherby trades, they're going to try out both to see if they're worth keeping for next season.
Hutchinson if not, can be sent to the minors.

I've actually liked Hutchinson so far. I can't think of a bunch of mistakes he has made, which, for this team, is impressive this season.

Chea* 12-21-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catters078 (Post 16929741)
Would someone like Kaberle be a chance??

He'll be available in February for the right price, and if he likes the destination.

Dark Knight 12-25-2008 01:21 AM

He'll be getting plenty of top prospects being offered for his service, so all those Jamie Benn and James Neal lovers ... not so fast.

starsfan4ever 12-25-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salsabil (Post 16981864)
He'll be getting plenty of top prospects being offered for his service, so all those Jamie Benn and James Neal lovers ... not so fast.

You think any other team would match those two players in a trade for his services? Not saying it wouldn't happen, just asking your opinion.

Sony Eriksson* 12-25-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salsabil (Post 16981864)
He'll be getting plenty of top prospects being offered for his service, so all those Jamie Benn and James Neal lovers ... not so fast.

Dallas is not going to dish off the 2 top prospects we have for 1 D man....I just don't see Hull or Jackson making yet another mistake.

MxK1NGS 12-28-2008 04:28 PM

I say J-bo to Dallas for a couple picks at the deadline....
Done Deal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.