HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Mega Deal Between Preds And Flames Coming-eklund (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=586376)

BearChi 12-22-2008 11:18 AM

Mega Deal Between Preds And Flames Coming-eklund

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...hought/1/18508

I dont see a chance of this happening
what do you think?

DownInFlames 12-22-2008 11:54 AM

Not a snowballs chance in hell.

sonetlumiere 12-22-2008 12:50 PM

hilarious. peace to blogging, ek should be a comedian.

Badger Bob 12-22-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames 4 Life (Post 16941531)
Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Wouldn't go that far. If the org feels that Boyd and Pardy are adequate replacements for Lombardi and Vandermeer, then it's not totally impossible that those names are being discussed. My personal take is that Lombardi's speed and Vandermeer's toughness are valuable assets, and their less-experienced teammates aren't ready to step up with more expanded roles yet.

DownInFlames 12-22-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Bob (Post 16942364)
Wouldn't go that far. If the org feels that Boyd and Pardy are adequate replacements for Lombardi and Vandermeer, then it's not totally impossible that those names are being discussed. My personal take is that Lombardi's speed and Vandermeer's toughness are valuable assets, and their less-experienced teammates aren't ready to step up with more expanded roles yet.

I was more or less referring to Ek getting something right.

jstreet 12-22-2008 01:38 PM

this would be a horrible horrible trade for the Preds, no way would anything closely resembling this happen

Lunatik* 12-22-2008 02:49 PM

from what I keep hearing from Preds fans he gets stuff about them quite often... that is one place he really does have a source... I'm not so sure about the pieces... but I believe there is talks

Noori 12-22-2008 03:17 PM

Why do we need Rinne? McE proved in Detroit that he's an adequate backup... unless Sutter wants to give Kipper a finnish friend lol?

Why do we trade Vandermeer for DeVries? Well, actually, this is the only piece of the trade that makes sense for the Flames.

Why do we want the right's to a Russian who's already bailed? Doesn't make sense to me so Sutter probably would have just laughed.

And I'm not interested in giving up Lombo. He's a solid two-way player with a decent contract. After that contract is up and we don't need him, then we can let him go.

It also looks like an 'meh' deal for the Preds. They give up a solid goaltender and a solid defensemen for a solid two-way forward, a solid enforcer/defensemen, and a pick.

flamesfan12 12-22-2008 04:49 PM

Just doesn't make any sense to me. Goaltending depth is one of the strong points in this organization so why add a guy like Rinne. On the other side why would Nashville trade him? Isn't he there goaltender for the future.

Supposedly Radulov would need to clear waivers to come back so I don't why we'd trade for his rights when he'd get claimed if he wanted to come back to the NHL. I'm not an Eklund hater like the majority of people, but this trade makes zero sense to me from either side.

Lunatik* 12-22-2008 06:59 PM

I can't believe some of you would say no to that trade... Nashville would get absolutely sodomized

PIMking 12-22-2008 07:40 PM

Why in the hell would anyone do this?

Lunatik* 12-22-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamesfan12 (Post 16945770)
Just doesn't make any sense to me. Goaltending depth is one of the strong points in this organization so why add a guy like Rinne. On the other side why would Nashville trade him? Isn't he there goaltender for the future.

Supposedly Radulov would need to clear waivers to come back so I don't why we'd trade for his rights when he'd get claimed if he wanted to come back to the NHL. I'm not an Eklund hater like the majority of people, but this trade makes zero sense to me from either side.

actually it does makes sense for the Flames in a way... we have both Bertuzzi and Cammalleri headed for free agency... there is a chance the cap is going down... Radulov is not eligible to play this season but I think he could owe a year on his contract should he return to North America next season... so the Flames could essentially replace Cammalleri for 1 season with a guy making less than a million... it sheds Vandermeer's contract for next season... its frees up salary and a roster spot by moving Lombardi... and more importantly it really makes one of out goaltenders expendable so we could use one as a key piece in a trade to land a good rental player...

you know if you want to look at it logically

I Hate Chris Butler 12-22-2008 10:13 PM

I want no part of Radulov, nor do I want to give up Lombardi and a pick to do so.

flamesfan12 12-22-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatik (Post 16948350)
actually it does makes sense for the Flames in a way... we have both Bertuzzi and Cammalleri headed for free agency... there is a chance the cap is going down... Radulov is not eligible to play this season but I think he could owe a year on his contract should he return to North America next season... so the Flames could essentially replace Cammalleri for 1 season with a guy making less than a million... it sheds Vandermeer's contract for next season... its frees up salary and a roster spot by moving Lombardi... and more importantly it really makes one of out goaltenders expendable so we could use one as a key piece in a trade to land a good rental player...

you know if you want to look at it logically

Except you missed the most important part in the fact that Radulov would need to clear waivers and there is no chance he hell he would.

Miko 12-23-2008 12:29 AM

*sigh*This deal makes no sense .

Lunatik* 12-23-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamesfan12 (Post 16951257)
Except you missed the most important part in the fact that Radulov would need to clear waivers and there is no chance he hell he would.

if such a thing happened radulov wouldn't join the team until next season then he wouldnt have to clear waivers unless he plays a pro game over there next season

Split98 12-25-2008 01:37 PM

I'm getting pretty worried and frustrated about all these Lombardi trades. I'm a HUGE Lombardi fan (one of my favorites... was a rookie jersey purchaser) but my bias aside... I honestly think we're sitting on an egg. Sure, I agree the egg could be a non-hatcher... but it's a good egg to sit on none the less.

I would loose my mind if this trade happened. The only player on that entire team I have any interest in seeing in red is Weber. Everyone else can stay there.

AndersEriksson* 12-25-2008 02:24 PM

Poor sodomized Nashville losing all those KHL goals :sarcasm:

Maybe we could do Rene for Zaripov and sign Morozov too eh loony? Lord knows nothing spells Flames hockey like a greedy Russian floater.

Snoil11 12-26-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamesfan12 (Post 16945770)

Nope, Jeremy Smith and Chat Pickard are their go-to-guys.
With Jeremy Smith developing slower than expected respectively making a step backwards this year, though, it seems, that the Preds' goaltending hopes rely on Chat Pickard.

As for the trade, I would do it in a heartbeat, as I don't see Lombardi cracking the top-six anytime soon. Our depth on C is great, while a top-six winger of Radulov's calibre wouldn't hurt the team. Radulov is a heart and soul player and although people try to depict the picture of the greedy Russian and tag him as another hustler, I can see him fit nicely into the Flames' system.

Lunatik* 12-26-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoil11 (Post 16989119)
Nope, Jeremy Smith and Chat Pickard are their go-to-guys.
With Jeremy Smith developing slower than expected respectively making a step backwards this year, though, it seems, that the Preds' goaltending hopes rely on Chat Pickard.

As for the trade, I would do it in a heartbeat, as I don't see Lombardi cracking the top-six anytime soon. Our depth on C is great, while a top-six winger of Radulov's calibre wouldn't hurt the team. Radulov is a heart and soul player and although people try to depict the picture of the greedy Russian and tag him as another hustler, I can see him fit nicely into the Flames' system.

If you don't think Rinne is their goaltender of the future then you are seriously delusional. I mean really... they have been waiting and waiting for Rinne to be ready thinking he could be the next all-star Preds goaltender. Now he is starting to look like that is the case, he is NHL ready and is ever improving, this kid is going to be a star in this league and the Preds know it.

Snoil11 12-26-2008 04:35 PM

Drafting Smith and especially Chat Pickard in last year's draft seems to prove otherwise. Rinne's emergence is a nice and welcome side effect for the Preds.

OffTheCrossBar* 12-26-2008 06:01 PM

Its Ecklund..does any of his rumors come true?

Lunatik* 12-26-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoil11 (Post 16992531)
Drafting Smith and especially Chat Pickard in last year's draft seems to prove otherwise. Rinne's emergence is a nice and welcome side effect for the Preds.

drafting goaltenders doesn't prove anything... you should draft the best available player regardless of position... and goaltenders usually take 4-5 years to be ready... in 4-5 years Rinne could be an all-star and due for a big raise they can't afford... or perhaps he blows out a knee and has to retire... or maybe he will just need a decent backup... teams always need more goaltenders

Lunatik* 12-26-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OffTheCrossBar (Post 16993403)
Its Ecklund..does any of his rumors come true?

read below... or maybe just read a whole tread they aren't long in the Flames section

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatik (Post 16944030)
from what I keep hearing from Preds fans he gets stuff about them quite often... that is one place he really does have a source... I'm not so sure about the pieces... but I believe there is talks

AndersEriksson* 12-27-2008 12:49 AM

Read below for smart statement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndersEriksson (Post 16984206)
Poor sodomized Nashville losing all those KHL goals :sarcasm:

Maybe we could do Rene for Zaripov and sign Morozov too eh loony? Lord knows nothing spells Flames hockey like a greedy Russian floater.