HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What to do with the lines?! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=586675)

Habs83 12-23-2008 01:26 AM

What to do with the lines?!

Alright, it looks as though Saks and AK will be back for the weekend game, so what do you think Carbo will do with the lines?

I think something like this might work:

Tanguay - Koivu - D'ags
Tender - Pleks - Kovy
Akost - Lang - Skost
TK- Lapierre - Laraque

Its tough to break up the Lang line we have now, but both Tanguay and D'ags play really well the Koivu. Tender has played well the past few weeks, and he should be able to create some space on that line. Putting the bros together with lang where they had some chemistry before would give us 3 scoring lines! :yo:

The fourth is tough, the Pens have Godard, so you would want to dress Laraque, who played well the last few games, but then you have to pick between Begin, Lapierre and TK. It'll be interesting to see what Carbo does.

snakeye 12-23-2008 01:30 AM

I'd put Latendresse on the same line as Lang, considering that they're the 2 slowest forwards on the team.

le_sean 12-23-2008 01:30 AM

It's going to be a mess when Higgins and Dandenault come back. I mean it's good to have depth but there are players you can't just sit for half the season. A move has to be made to accomodate everyone and improve this team.

Jakomyte 12-23-2008 01:43 AM

Recently I've liked the Lang line w/Tanguay and Dagger, Sergei and Kovalev did some good work and have also like the Latendresse-Lapierre pairing. I think I'd try these:

Begin-Koivu-Andrei
Sergei-Plekanec-Kovalev
Tanguay-Lang-D'Agostini
Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopolous

...I know, I know, Begin on Koivu's line, but its because of who is healthy and how I wanted to keep certain lines/pairs intact.

zx81 12-23-2008 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeye (Post 16953024)
I'd put Latendresse on the same line as Lang, considering that they're the 2 slowest forwards on the team.

Is that supposed to be humor or did you just get a bad idea ?

They already tried Lats with Lang and it was, as expected, a pretty bad combination.

Anyway why would you break the best combination of the last 3 games aka Laps-Lats

I would replace Kostopoulos by Begin on that line though.

A.Kost-Koivu-Dags
Sergei-Pleks-Kovy
Tanguay-Lang-Kostopoulos
Lats-Laps-Begin

cap10bfl 12-23-2008 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx81 (Post 16953481)
Is that supposed to be humor or did you just get a bad idea ?

They already tried Lats with Lang and it was, as expected, a pretty bad combination.

Anyway why would you break the best combination of the last 3 games aka Laps-Lats

I would replace Kostopoulos by Begin on that line though.

A.Kost-Koivu-Dags
Sergei-Pleks-Kovy
Tanguay-Lang-Kostopoulos
Lats-Laps-Begin

same here

la25ecoupe 12-23-2008 06:57 AM

Are the Bros together > then splitted?

Puckhead58* 12-23-2008 11:33 AM

The lines that I think would work and I would try are....

Tanguay - Koivu - Dags
S.Kostitsyn - Pleks - Kovalev
Latendresse - Lang - A.Kostitsyn
Begin - Lapierre - Laraque/Kostopoulos

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - Komisarek
Boullion - O'Byrne/Brisebois

jnthomas 12-23-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckhead58 (Post 16955960)
The lines that I think would work and I would try are....

Tanguay - Koivu - Dags
S.Kostitsyn - Pleks - Kovalev
Latendresse - Lang - A.Kostitsyn
Begin - Lapierre - Laraque/Kostopoulos

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - Komisarek
Boullion - O'Byrne/Brisebois

I'd switch Gorges and Komo but the rest looks good.

Mustafa* 12-23-2008 11:56 AM

Tanguay-Koivu-Dag/Lats Tanguay and Koivu are realy great at the game of hockey, two vets who know what it takes to socre goals, they need youngster who can make room and score goals for them, thos two need to be reunited, no question about that.

Andrei - Plec - Kov à lèvres With Kovalev resurging and scoring goals i think we shouldn't touch this line for 2-3 weeks let it be.

Lats/Dag - Lang - Sergei
The rest! Lang is a good player who can score goals by himself, he does carry the puck into the zone quite easily, and with two youngsters with guts who will do the hardworking this line could have a lot of succes (well nobody realy had succes this year, but that's just the way it is).

Laraque - Lapierre - Bégin Three balai dancers from this Quebec league that produce girly players. Well we're in Montreal and they surely got free passes because they speak french...

Kostopoulos (First time of the year i believe that Kosto doesn't fit in the line-up)

The defence is a lock.

habman6 12-23-2008 11:56 AM

S. Kostitsyn - Koivu - A. Kostitsyn
Tanguay - Lang - D'Agostini
Latendresse(/Higgins) - Pleks - Kovalev
Begin - Lapierre - Kostop