HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   St-Louis will be are trading partner (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=58693)

Peoples 03-05-2004 06:54 AM

St-Louis will be are trading partner

I have a feeling The habs and blues will get something done

English Hab 03-05-2004 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peoples
I have a feeling The habs and blues will get something done

And Peoples.. what makes you say that????

Mooch 03-05-2004 08:53 AM

Youe feelings aren't good enough :lol:

Marksman 03-05-2004 09:02 AM

This could be the right time to start Pronger to Habs rumours?

HABitude 03-05-2004 09:09 AM

Pronger or Demitra. :yo: :bow:
... or both of them! ...man that would be great !!, Gainey surprised me (Kovi) and who knows what impact player he can bring before deadtime date??

Dan K 03-05-2004 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABitude
Pronger or Demitra. :yo: :bow:
... or both of them! ...man that would be great !!, Gainey surprised me (Kovi) and who knows what impact player he can bring before deadtime date??

To Montreal: Pavol Demitra, Chris Pronger

To St. Louis: Andrei Kastitsyn, Alex Perezhoghen, 1st rounder 2004, 1st rounder 2005, 3rd rounder 2005

:joker:

Dutchy 03-05-2004 09:18 AM

Tkachuk would be a nice PF.

Ace2000 03-05-2004 09:51 AM

anyways though, stlouis GM said he won't be trading away lots of people. they still have a chance to make the playoffs. why would they trade away their best players if they still have a chance?

NWT Habs Fan 03-05-2004 09:59 AM

St Louis is within striking distance of 6th place right now. 4 points out of 8th and 6 points out of 6th. I just don't see them making any blockbuster moves as a big seller right now while they are this close to making the post-season. Just my opinion though.

Natural Habs Fan 03-05-2004 10:47 AM

Getting Demitra would be amazing. Pronger isn't going anywhere.

Mooch 03-05-2004 01:52 PM

Do you have any idea what we would have to give to get PRONGER, i say again, PRONGER.

OUR WHOLE FRIKIN TEAM INCLUDING ALL PROSPECTS, WOULD NOT BE ENOUGH!

mcphee 03-05-2004 02:01 PM

Mooch you may be right if evaluating Pronger the defenseman, but in the league today, you are evaluating Pronger the contract who plays defense. Depending on the CBA, qualifying offer when weighed against health risk might make the Blues do some soul searching. I don't believe that anything is being discussed with anyone, but stranger things have happened. Whether or not the Blues are active or buyers/sellers might be determined over the weekend. Monday night could find Larry Pleau shedding salary or acquiring rentals. I would think Mellanby could be a guy teams are looking at.

Raider917 03-05-2004 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
Do you have any idea what we would have to give to get PRONGER, i say again, PRONGER.

OUR WHOLE FRIKIN TEAM INCLUDING ALL PROSPECTS, WOULD NOT BE ENOUGH!

it would cost Theodore for sure.

Perez 03-05-2004 02:24 PM

If the Blues ever decide to trade Pronger it's because they're going to start rebuilding. If that was the case they would be interested in players like Komi,Higgins,Perez and Kast.

Actually, if it was ever offered, I'dd do a trade involving Komi,Perez and some picks for Pronger. But honestly I doubt anybody as a good idea of Pronger value, He's been injured alot (serious injurys), he's got a high salary but at the same time he's really the total package when it comes to defensemen.

The last Dmen of he's value traded was Blake but the kings didn't recieve much with him because he was a ufa. Maybe a good comparisacion would be Gonchar. The caps got one good dmen in Morrisson and two draft picks (1st and 2nd rounder)...

Mooch 03-05-2004 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
Mooch you may be right if evaluating Pronger the defenseman, but in the league today, you are evaluating Pronger the contract who plays defense. Depending on the CBA, qualifying offer when weighed against health risk might make the Blues do some soul searching. I don't believe that anything is being discussed with anyone, but stranger things have happened. Whether or not the Blues are active or buyers/sellers might be determined over the weekend. Monday night could find Larry Pleau shedding salary or acquiring rentals. I would think Mellanby could be a guy teams are looking at.

While you do make a lot of sense, dont you think they would try to ship out Katzcuk (SP) at 9 mill or Weight at around 9 mill before their franchise player, even if they were rebuilding?

There are ways to work around the CBA!

mcphee 03-05-2004 02:44 PM

It depends which way the team decides to go. I read on some threads on the trade rumour board that the qualifying offer he is due could scare people away, including St. Louis. I agree, he is twice as valuable as Tkaczuk and Weight but I don't know what they are still on the hook for with these guys.

Mooch 03-05-2004 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
It depends which way the team decides to go. I read on some threads on the trade rumour board that the qualifying offer he is due could scare people away, including St. Louis. I agree, he is twice as valuable as Tkaczuk and Weight but I don't know what they are still on the hook for with these guys.

I guess we will both have to wait untill the deadline, to get our answers :p

Stone Cutter 03-05-2004 03:06 PM

Actualy, i think that a good trading partner would be Calgary or Columbus. Reinprecht when down again and the Flames already needed some offensive. This may open the door to Perrault in Calgary. I know he is not the type of players of Suter, but I'm pretty sure that he would be better then may other alternatives.

As for Columbus, I was thinking of Sanderson. Very inconsistant, crapy season... but could be a good fit with Ribiero and Ryder. Plays LW, cost 3 Millions$, speedy, need a good setup center... don't know what would be the price though. would be better the Dag for sure!