HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Ales Hemsky (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=587593)

hemsky 12-26-2008 01:52 AM

Ales Hemsky
 
Oilers would only trade if a superstar is on the way back, but he's a ppg player on a good contract.

Thoughts!!

voxel 12-26-2008 01:55 AM

Hooray, the Oilers are gunning for Tavares or Hedman!

Seriously, a team has to be desperate for a PP QB and RW to snatch Hemsky away... i.e Columbus offers Filatov + 2 1st rounders.

Ice Whole 12-26-2008 01:56 AM

Hemsky is going no where.

SufferingCatFan 12-26-2008 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mehta (Post 16987911)
Hemsky is going no where.

Probably not, but...

The Oilers are a mess. What other team has 3 goalies on its roster (2 with expiring contracts)? What other team has handed out so many bloated contracts other than the Rangers?

If the Oilers keep their coach, then the team needs (1) players that fit his defensive style, starting with a true No.1 goalie and (2) to shed players with bad contracts, such as Horcoff, Penner et al.

I imagine that Hemsky could be packaged with a vet with a bloated contract and still bring in a solid return. Maybe Lowe will consider such a move, if the team continues to struggle.

Biggzy* 12-26-2008 08:57 AM

I'll give you Horton for Hemsky.

worstfaceoffmanever 12-26-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemsky (Post 16987897)
Oilers would only trade if a superstar is on the way back, but he's a ppg player on a good contract.

Thoughts!!

I think you're crazy for even starting this thread. The Oilers have no reason to move Hemsky under any circumstances. He IS their offense.

oilsands 12-26-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan (Post 16988421)
Probably not, but...

If the Oilers keep their coach, then the team needs (1) players that fit his defensive style, starting with a true No.1 goalie and (2) to shed players with bad contracts, such as Horcoff, Penner et al.

I imagine that Hemsky could be packaged with a vet with a bloated contract and still bring in a solid return. Maybe Lowe will consider such a move, if the team continues to struggle.

While I may not dispute your other claims, saying that Horcoff is a bad contract is nonsense.

Horcoffs post lockout stats:
244GP 65g-129a-194pts
And an All-star last year. He is a clutch player, the best defensive player on our team, a leader, good faceoff man, and one of the fastest players in the Western Conference. Signed for 6 more years at $5.5million a year.

edit: A Panthers fan calling another team a mess... haha

SufferingCatFan 12-26-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskyoil (Post 16989325)

edit: A Panthers fan calling another team a mess... haha

Laugh, if you will, but the truth is the truth. The Panthers also have their share of problems from years of poor drafting, bad trades and the KEENAN effect. However. the team is playing well under DeBoer and remains in contention for a play off spot. For the past 7 years, we have generally been an also ran by the end of December so there are signs of improvement.

That said, I have season tickets in a great lower bowl location at a very cheap price. Each evening in November-March, when I am driving in beautiful weather to or from a Panther game at the BAC, I thank my lucky stars that there is an NHL team locked into a long term lease in South Florida. So life as a Panther fan has its rewards...

Joey Moss 12-26-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzy (Post 16988708)
I'll give you Horton for Hemsky.

noooooooouu.. I think Hemsky's value would be a 1st,top line player and a prospect because of his GREAT contract of 4.1 million for another 4 years.

Plato 12-26-2008 07:34 PM

Hemsky is a huge commodity.
Young.
Highly skilled.
Puts up points.
Awesome contract length and $$$.

Ih8theislanders 12-26-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plato (Post 16994832)
Hemsky is a huge commodity.
Young.
Highly skilled.
Puts up points.
Awesome contract length and $$$.

Ranger's offer Prucha and a conditional 5th if he resigns.

Joey Moss 12-26-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders (Post 16994922)
Ranger's offer Prucha and a conditional 5th if he resigns.

hah funny..

slugfest* 12-26-2008 07:49 PM

I'd offer Drew Stafford, Tyler Myers and a 1st rounder for Hemsky and a pick.

Ih8theislanders 12-26-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrescrazedfan4 (Post 16995172)
I'd offer Drew Stafford, Tyler Myers and a 1st rounder for Hemsky and a pick.

no way EDM touches that.


Ok, serious offer.

FLA-EDM

Assuming Jbo agrees to an extension.

Edmonton:
Jay Bouwmeester
David Booth
Nathan Horton

Florida:
Ales Hemsky
Sam Gagner
2nd round in 09

Just a shake-up I just wanna see if the value's close.

Joey Moss 12-26-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrescrazedfan4 (Post 16995172)
I'd offer Drew Stafford, Tyler Myers and a 1st rounder for Hemsky and a pick.

dream on..

Plato 12-26-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrescrazedfan4 (Post 16995172)
I'd offer Drew Stafford, Tyler Myers and a 1st rounder for Hemsky and a pick.

Not even close.

syz 12-26-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders (Post 16995227)
no way EDM touches that.


Ok, serious offer.

FLA-EDM

Assuming Jbo agrees to an extension.

Edmonton:
Jay Bouwmeester
David Booth
Nathan Horton

Florida:
Ales Hemsky
Sam Gagner
2nd round in 09

Just a shake-up I just wanna see if the value's close.

Bit too much from FLA imo.

Joey Moss 12-26-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders (Post 16995227)
no way EDM touches that.


Ok, serious offer.

FLA-EDM

Assuming Jbo agrees to an extension.

Edmonton:
Jay Bouwmeester
David Booth
Nathan Horton

Florida:
Ales Hemsky
Sam Gagner
2nd round in 09

Just a shake-up I just wanna see if the value's close.

nope edmonton doesnt do that either. Gagner throws that deal off so far its not even funny. But i like Booth on the oil ;)

Plato 12-26-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilGagner89 (Post 16995303)
nope edmonton doesnt do that either. Gagner throws that deal off so far its not even funny. I think thats even worse than the Buffalo offer. But i like Booth on the oil ;)

No way is the worse than the Buffalo offer.
All those guys coming from Florida are quality in that proposal.

slugfest* 12-26-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plato (Post 16995242)
Not even close.

lmao at that. Stafford is a good young roster player. Tyler Myers is the #13 overall pick in the past draft. And a mid first round pick this year. Not even close? That is pretty fair.

Joey Moss 12-26-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plato (Post 16995347)
No way is the worse than the Buffalo offer.
All those guys coming from Florida are quality in that proposal.

ok its definetly not worse than the Buffalo offer but it doesnt make sense for edmonton to do it if we arent giving a D up. That would have edmonton with 4 players over 4 million on the backend and our forwards much weaker. There is NO way edmonton gives up on Gagner in his 2nd NHL season. He is going to be a very special player for edmonton. And Hemsky's contract is too good right now that edmonton would be looking for a better replacement than Horton but i think Booth-Horcoff-Hemsky would be a great line. That would be great to have him.

Joey Moss 12-26-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrescrazedfan4 (Post 16995447)
lmao at that. Stafford is a good young roster player. Tyler Myers is the #13 overall pick in the past draft. And a mid first round pick this year. Not even close? That is pretty fair.

no its really not. Stafford is a good young 3RD LINER. Tyler Myers is a tank but we have enough defensive prospects anywase and a 2nd round pick.. come on! Its not even close. Do you know about Hemsky's contract? lmao at you..

Now that the cap is going down next season Hemsky's value goes up dramatically!

Plato 12-26-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrescrazedfan4 (Post 16995447)
lmao at that. Stafford is a good young roster player. Tyler Myers is the #13 overall pick in the past draft. And a mid first round pick this year. Not even close? That is pretty fair.

Yea keep laughing but that proposal is a joke.
I won't even elaborate further on why it's ridiculous.

slugfest* 12-26-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilGagner89 (Post 16995519)
no its really not. Stafford is a good young 3RD LINER. Tyler Myers is a tank but we have enough defensive prospects anywase and a 2nd round pick.. come on! Its not even close. Do you know about Hemsky's contract? lmao at you..

Now that the cap is going down next season Hemsky's value goes up dramatically!


Stafford is a 3rd liner? That's news to me. He's played on the top line at times. He puts up points and has a good defensive game.

So you have enough defensive prospects. Well Myers is the best prospect we can offer except for Enroth. Just because you have a ton of defensive prospects doesn't mean that's not a huge value part of the deal.

And a 2nd rounder? I said a 1st rounder. Read correctly.

So basically I offered you 3 first rounders for Hemsky. Yup it's horrible. This is site known for overrating players and underrating players a ton though so I'm not shocked that people can't be realistic with trade expectations. I don't see why you'd want to trade Hemsky anyways, but if you did this would be about the type of return you got. :shakehead

Plato 12-26-2008 08:18 PM

If you're that confident take it to the Oilers board and try and get a general consensus.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.