HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sean Hill Waives No Trade Clause (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=58785)

p.l.f. 03-05-2004 11:57 AM

Sean Hill Waives No Trade Clause

As long as he is traded to one of two undisclosed teams

source: fan590 toronto

Toronto and Detroit?)

munkeyman70 03-05-2004 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
As long as he is traded to one of two undisclosed teams

source: fan590 toronto

Toronto and Detroit?)

Why would Detroit need him? hatcher and wooley and chelios are coming back.

Egil 03-05-2004 12:00 PM

He did use to play for Ottawa, so I wonder if Ottawa isn't one of the spots?

Zednik 03-05-2004 12:01 PM

Montreal ?

desmond 03-05-2004 12:02 PM

devils?

hockey_nut 03-05-2004 12:02 PM

Toronto, Nashville, Montreal, LA, NJ, Isles, etc...

most of the playoff teams will inquire... only the top cup contenders will get him

Digable5 03-05-2004 12:04 PM

I didn't think many NHL players had no trade clauses. How many do? Who does?

GKJ 03-05-2004 12:04 PM

If this is true, which 590 is not exactly a reliable source these days, I think Hill's going to waive it for New Jersey, San Jose or Vancouver because I think he would get the most playing time on those teams. Possibly the Kings also.

Kill 'Em All 03-05-2004 12:07 PM

Quote:

If this is true, which 590 is not exactly a reliable source these days
a FAN590 reporter interviewed rutherford and played the clip on air... so yeah, it's true.

Jason MacIsaac 03-05-2004 12:08 PM

Lou isn't done....I think Hill to NJ with Stevens comming back makes NJ the favorites for the cup.

Savage 03-05-2004 12:11 PM

It was rumored he was demanding new contract to waive it so I very much doubt it's the Leafs. New Jersey is also a team I just don't see handing out a new deal for him so either he's decided that he's not going to get that and is going to waive it without the new contract or someone steped up.

ehc73 03-05-2004 12:12 PM

My guess is NJ to get a vet presence until Stevens returns. Hill as a regular on that NJ blueline with everyone healthy will be tough to play against.
For playing time, Hill will only get it until Jovanovski comes back. After that, I think he'll be the odd man out or he'll rotate with Malik. But if he's counting on big minutes in the playoffs, he's probably headed to NJ.

p.l.f. 03-05-2004 12:17 PM

the leafs are very interested

i doubt he gets his wishes of working on a new deal

Classic Devil 03-05-2004 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehc73
My guess is NJ to get a vet presence until Stevens returns. Hill as a regular on that NJ blueline with everyone healthy will be tough to play against.
For playing time, Hill will only get it until Jovanovski comes back. After that, I think he'll be the odd man out or he'll rotate with Malik. But if he's counting on big minutes in the playoffs, he's probably headed to NJ.

My guess is Hill's choices are NJ and Toronto, though the Senators are possible. I would love to see NJ in the red and black of the Devils. He would be a great rental, which is just what we need for these playoffs.

RE-HABS 03-05-2004 12:28 PM

Don't all the players playing outside of Toronto request to their GM's to be traded to the Leafs? :shakehead

RyanMac 03-05-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Don't all the players playing outside of Toronto request to their GM's to be traded to the Leafs? :shakehead

Wouldn't you?

The Flash 03-05-2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digable5
I didn't think many NHL players had no trade clauses. How many do? Who does?

Many do. It's one of the things that players over the age 31 receive with their UFA contract. Pretty much every major UFA signed from the past few seasons has a NTC attached to his contract. It can be waived or bought out for some cash though.

p.l.f. 03-05-2004 12:34 PM

definetly not montreal
that's a gangsta town

Killer 93 03-05-2004 12:41 PM

Quote:

The usual, sarcastic "everyone wants to goto Toronto" comment. Most often posted by a Hab fan. No Leaf trade rumour would be complete without one. I was wondering how long it would take.

Lobstertainment 03-05-2004 12:56 PM

Who wouldn't want to at least consider Toronto?

Great Fans
A Contender
A Great Hockey City

no disrespect to other such cities like Montreal or anything but Toronto is Rich and and Views it's Hockey players like gods, unless they're name is Trevor Kidd.

Timmer 03-05-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Defender
The usual, sarcastic "everyone wants to goto Toronto" comment. Most often posted by a Hab fan. No Leaf trade rumour would be complete without one. I was wondering how long it would take.

good reply.........

There are certainly a few things that you can count on on these boards and that is probably right at the top of the list. I'm sure I saw it in the Leaf and Gonchar rumour threads as well.

GKJ 03-05-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kill 'Em All
a FAN590 reporter interviewed rutherford and played the clip on air... so yeah, it's true.

Well in that case, he'll most likely be apart of the next deal we hear about. TSN isn't done "learning" today

TomWaits 03-05-2004 01:06 PM

Quote:

darn right Toronto in the center of the universe.... or at least Canada!! :D

TomWaits

npinguy 03-05-2004 01:15 PM

nobody except people in ontario think toronto is worth anything more than a pile of horse crap.

and i'm not just talking about the leafs

kimzey59 03-05-2004 01:19 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if St. Louis was one of the teams. He and Kitchen were pretty good friends(Kitchen is the one who went to Pleau on Hill's behalf to get him traded back to Carolina). Hill didn't like Q much but with the regime change he might want to go back and play under Kitch.