HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Injury Report: Parent Returns To Phantoms (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=588309)

TheDrizzle81 12-28-2008 05:01 PM

Parent Returns To Phantoms

According to the Flyers website, Parent is healthy enough to begin playing game with the Phantoms. Fantastic news considering all the injuries the Flyers have right now. I cant wait for him to return to the big club, I think once he gets healthy he will show why hes one of the top defensive prosepects.

Mike Richards 18 12-28-2008 05:12 PM

unless a move is upcoming Parent will not be on the Flyers Lineup until an injury that creates enough salary cap space.

Terence Peterman 12-28-2008 05:48 PM

ooh goodie.

facts 12-28-2008 06:09 PM

agreed but look at the d when healthy Kimmo Ossi
Coburn Carle
Jones Parent/Luca /Alberts

GKJ 12-28-2008 06:09 PM

A lot of things have to happen for Parent to see NHL ice this season.

One of them being an injury...maybe not a lot lol

Raffl House 12-28-2008 07:53 PM

A trade could also be in the works. Not one of those rediculous NHL 09 trades where half the team is traded, but something small -- I could see Jones or Alberts being moved. Kukks will probably get waived, and Luca goes back to OHL (maybe).

Timonen - Coburn
Carle - Parent <----that makes me salivate
Vaananen - one of Kukks, Alberts, Luca, Jones

dbr2 12-28-2008 08:01 PM

I actually really like Parent. And, would love to see him in the Orange and Black again this year.

Jester 12-28-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carle Winslow (Post 17023543)
A trade could also be in the works. Not one of those rediculous NHL 09 trades where half the team is traded, but something small -- I could see Jones or Alberts being moved. Kukks will probably get waived, and Luca goes back to OHL (maybe).

Timonen - Coburn

A trade is absolutely in the works. When healthy (and for cap purposes, that means when Briere comes back) we're not cap compliant. It isn't just "possible" a trade is in the works...a trade IS in the works.

BillyShoe1721 12-28-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carle Winslow (Post 17023543)

Timonen - Coburn

Sbisa played for Lethbridge in the WHL not the OHL.

dbr2 12-28-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 17023750)
A trade is absolutely in the works. When healthy (and for cap purposes, that means when Briere comes back) we're not cap compliant. It isn't just "possible" a trade is in the works...a trade IS in the works.

I agree with you Jester. Do you or anyone have any ideas what is gonna go down in this small trade?

Jester 12-28-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 17024087)
I agree with you Jester. Do you or anyone have any ideas what is gonna go down in this small trade?

I have no idea exactly how much we have to clear off the cap...figure out that number, and you'll have a good idea who is a likely candidate to be traded.

I don't think Sbisa, and waiving Kukkonen, for example, is going to be enough.

HoverCarle* 12-28-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 17024087)

It will either involve Jones being moved or Alberts being moved and either Sbisa or Kukkonen sent down to the whl/ahl

As a rough estimate: assuming we had this lineup all year:

Gagne-Richards-Knuble
Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
Upshall-Briere-Nodl
Cote-Metro-Asham

Timonen-Coburn
Vaananen-Carle
Jones-Alberts
Sbisa-Kukkonen

Biron
Niitty

Our Cap would be about 58.6 million, which is around 2 million over the cap. So for simplicities sake, we need to clear 2 million just to get Briere in, so If we want Briere and Parent in we need about 3 million.

Note: my cap numbers arent exact because LTIR permits to go over by the amount that player would have made while on LTIR, but then DTD injuries that require call ups you get a cap hit for the DTD player and the call up.

FlyHigh 12-28-2008 09:04 PM

I would literally trade Jones for anything in the world outside of AIDS or Ebola.

Raffl House 12-29-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh (Post 17024465)
I would literally trade Jones for anything in the world outside of AIDS or Ebola.

Add to the list: The Dallas Cowboys. :laugh:

Dig Out Your Soul 12-29-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carle Winslow (Post 17030342)
Add to the list: The Dallas Cowboys. :laugh:

As long as Romo brought Jessica Simpson and didn't play, I'd trade him for the Cowboys (they'd have to throw in the cheerleaders too).

kicksave27 12-29-2008 12:52 PM

Parent is going to be a real good defensive dman. Not the big nasty type like foote or hatch, but a extremely mobile one. He's not going to get beat one on one, not going to do anything stupid and get caught in the offensive zone, he'll allow a guy like carle to use his offensive skill more freely. His lack of offense will also keep his salary down.

phlocky 12-29-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 17024214)
I have no idea exactly how much we have to clear off the cap...figure out that number, and you'll have a good idea who is a likely candidate to be traded.

I don't think Sbisa, and waiving Kukkonen, for example, is going to be enough.

I think we actually need to clean between 1.8 and 1.9 mil in salary to get back under the cap limit. We MAY be able to get pretty close by sending some players down to the Phantoms and running with a 21 man roster but I'm not certain.

Also, I know many of you already think this way but for those who don't remember that simply sending a player like Sbisa or Giroux back down (Sbisa to juniors, Giroux to AHL) we'd have to replace them with another roster player. That means that by demoting Giroux we aren't immediately relieved of 850k in salary as the player who takes his spot will most likely make at least that much. Thus, when we say we need to clear 1.8-1.9 mil in salary we will need to move a player that makes at least 900k more than that most likely (like moving Jones at 2.75 mil and replacing him with Parent at 850k nets us 1.9 mil in salary moved, thus moving Upshall at 1.25 mil and replacing him with Giroux at 850k only nets us 400k in salary moved). If we take away players with NMC (as they are unlikely to waive them mid-season while the Flyers are in a playoff race) and assume Carter and Richards are off the table, that only leaves us with Carle, Jones, Lupul and Knuble as the only players that are likely trade canidates who can solve ourcap dilema.