HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Crosby Overrated? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=588907)

kman15 12-30-2008 09:51 AM

Crosby Overrated?

Do you think Crosby is a overrated player?

vippe 12-30-2008 09:53 AM

No he is an awesome player. Some fans do however overrate him to the very MAX

I Hate Chris Butler 12-30-2008 10:02 AM

343 points in 249 games? Anyone can do that. Overrated for sure. :sarcasm:

Cliff O Malley 12-30-2008 10:05 AM

I think that "sort of" is the only reasonable way to vote on this.

AK 12-30-2008 10:15 AM

I said "sort of".

If there's anyone in the NHL who deserves the hype, it's him.

That said, even Jesus Christ himself would be overrated given the amount of coverage, hype, and craze around Crosby all the time.

reidy 12-30-2008 10:22 AM

He's one of top 3 talents in his sport at the age of 21.

Not even close to being overrated.

pouskin74* 12-30-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letang58 (Post 17046758)
I said "sort of".

If there's anyone in the NHL who deserves the hype, it's him.

That said, even Jesus Christ himself would be overrated given the amount of coverage, hype, and craze around Crosby all the time.

no love to Ovechkin and Malkin?

Nunymare 12-30-2008 10:32 AM

Oh noes! It's Alex Semin!!!!11!1

Just kidding. ;)

No, he is not.

Crosberry87 12-30-2008 10:36 AM

Crosby plays his 250th game tonight. If he gets 2 points that ties Mike Bossy as the 5th most all time points scored in the first 250 career games.....so no he is not overrated.

Gord 12-30-2008 10:47 AM

I said no. I can see an argument for sort of, but I don't understand how anyone could possibly say yes.

dubey 12-30-2008 11:02 AM

hahaha keep registrations open and there will only be more quality threads like this one

StreakingRed 12-30-2008 11:12 AM

Definitely not overrated.

Jaded-Fan 12-30-2008 11:20 AM

Another in a long line of idiotic Crosby bash threads:

A push poll is a political campaign technique in which an individual or organization attempts to influence or alter the view of respondents under the guise of conducting a poll. In a push poll, large numbers of respondents are contacted, and little or no effort is made to collect and analyze response data. Instead, the push poll is a form of telemarketing-based propaganda and rumor mongering, masquerading as a poll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_poll

If this were about any other player but Crosby it would be shut down within a page. Does anyone doubt where this thread is going to go?

RabbinsDuck 12-30-2008 11:59 AM

The only way Crosby is overrated is if legions of Pittsburgh fans annoint him as the best player ever (such as many New Jersey fans do with Brodeur). I do not know many Pens fans who talk about Crosby in the same breath as they would Lemiuex, so I do not think Crosby is overrated.

HockeyThoughts 12-30-2008 12:03 PM

Didn't you guys hear?

Crosby doesn't stop.

(I voted no)

backs4mvp 12-30-2008 12:10 PM

Depends, if people think he's a threat to hit 140-150 points on a yearly basis, then he's for sure over rated. If people think he's a threat to hit 120 points yearly, then he's rated just fine.

AK 12-30-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pouskin74 (Post 17046847)
no love to Ovechkin and Malkin?

Definitely love to Ovechkin and Malkin.

If there's anyone though, it's Crosby. He's just as good as those two.

Novak Djokovic 12-30-2008 12:20 PM

How could you say he's overrated when 99% of HF bashes him everyday........

Novak Djokovic 12-30-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan (Post 17047467)
Another in a long line of idiotic Crosby bash threads:

A push poll is a political campaign technique in which an individual or organization attempts to influence or alter the view of respondents under the guise of conducting a poll. In a push poll, large numbers of respondents are contacted, and little or no effort is made to collect and analyze response data. Instead, the push poll is a form of telemarketing-based propaganda and rumor mongering, masquerading as a poll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_poll

If this were about any other player but Crosby it would be shut down within a page. Does anyone doubt where this thread is going to go?

Exactly. That Ovechkin [negative] thread was closed after like 10 replies or so.......[Just an example]

Crosby negative threads last days or weeks. Maybe the mods hate him too....:dunno:

puzzle 12-30-2008 12:30 PM

I said yes, and the awnsers on this thread clearly confirm my opinion... I mean, he's very good, but he's not a god like some people think...he's not any better than Malkin and Ovechkin....and some other players come very close to him...

Jaded-Fan 12-30-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! (Post 17048272)
Exactly. That Ovechkin [negative] thread was closed after like 10 replies or so.......[Just an example]

Crosby negative threads last days or weeks. Maybe the mods hate him too....:dunno:

Not sure about that. But there certainly is a double standard.

Hell we have a thread asking if Ovechkin is the greatest goal scorer to ever play the game. Imagine a Crosby thread making similar outrageous premature declarations. Push polling in the opposite direction. The double standard regarding how the players are treated here at HF, and how threads are treated, is pretty obvious.

I Hate Chris Butler 12-30-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gui (Post 17048378)
I said yes, and the awnsers on this thread clearly confirm my opinion... I mean, he's very good, but he's not a god like some people think...he's not any better than Malkin and Ovechkin....and some other players come very close to him...

What exactly does he have to accomplish first? Even I dislike Crosby, but he's not overrated in anyway. He's pretty much established himself as one of the top players in the game.

Warm Cookies 12-30-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrakaLangKovy (Post 17046994)
Crosby plays his 250th game tonight. If he gets 2 points that ties Mike Bossy as the 5th most all time points scored in the first 250 career games.....so no he is not overrated.

And the Boss had prime Gillies and Trottier on his line, not the sorry collection of players Crosby's had to deal with. And as good as Gonchar is, Denis Potvin he ain't.

Luongo2008* 12-30-2008 12:55 PM

nope

puzzle 12-30-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murderlizer (Post 17048491)
What exactly does he have to accomplish first? Even I dislike Crosby, but he's not overrated in anyway. He's pretty much established himself as one of the top players in the game.

He's really overrated...everyone is just talking about him and Ovechkin and Malkin when the NHL is loaded with talent....those 3 are overrated IMO...they are the 3 best players in the league, but that doesn't mean that they are not overrated (There are many other players that are pretty close to them and we don't even talk about them...) Anyway, that's just my opinion and don't even try to change my mind on that point...