HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: TOR - ANA (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=59047)

RoyIsALegend* 03-06-2004 03:11 AM

Proposal: TOR - ANA

To Anaheim:
C Matt Stajan
D Brendan Bell
2004 4th round pick

To Toronto:
C Steve Rucchin
D Keith Carney
G Martin Gerber

BlueAndWhite 03-06-2004 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
To Anaheim:
C Matt Stajan
D Brendan Bell
2004 4th round pick

To Toronto:
C Steve Rucchin
D Keith Carney
G Martin Gerber

It's really tempting. Toronto would shore up ANY potential weakness in one fell swoop.

I don't project Bell to be an impact NHL d-man and I (unlike many Leaf fans) don't see Stajan having more than second line upside.

It's a gutsy move but it's something that I would do from a Toronto perspective. Gerber and Tellqvist would be a good tandem for the post Ed Belfour era.

Mess 03-06-2004 03:50 AM

Quote:

To Anaheim:
C Matt Stajan
D Brendan Bell
2004 4th round pick

To Toronto:
C Steve Rucchin
D Keith Carney
G Martin Gerber

Not enough from Toronto's side and I Don't believe TO will trade Matty...but

If you break it down .. I don't think Anahiem would individually trade any one of the Ducks straight up for Bell or the 4th .. and of Course Toronto could easlily pick any of the 3 ducks with Stajan .. but this would not happen although it would be a good fit for TO..

Spankatola Jamnuts* 03-06-2004 04:47 AM

Ducks give up far too much.

McDonald19 03-06-2004 04:55 AM

based on Murray saying he will listen to trade proposals that include "two real good prospects for a core player", this deal would never happen.

Maybe you could get Carney and Gerber, or Rucchin and Gerber for those 2 prospects and a draft pick...but definetly not all three...Simply too much of the core of our team...

wasting time 03-06-2004 06:54 AM

Quote:

To Anaheim:
C Matt Stajan
D Brendan Bell
2004 4th round pick

To Toronto:
C Steve Rucchin
D Keith Carney
G Martin Gerber

Boy this kind of a trade would be very tempting. I agree very gutsy on JFJ's part to part with Stajan.

How about:
Berg or Pilar
Stajan
Brendan Bell

for
Gerber
Rucchin
Salei or Carney

Jeff Shafer 03-06-2004 07:05 AM

Quote:

To Anaheim:
C Matt Stajan
D Brendan Bell
2004 4th round pick

To Toronto:
C Steve Rucchin
D Keith Carney
G Martin Gerber

Toronto can't give up all there future players for a playoff push I mean... Stajan is already playing a big part in Toronto and Bell will come along later I just dont see why Toronto would do this...

wasting time 03-06-2004 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffshaf
Toronto can't give up all there future players for a playoff push I mean... Stajan is already playing a big part in Toronto and Bell will come along later I just dont see why Toronto would do this...

If a D like Salei or Carney comes in, plus Ruccin, then Toronto must part with 2 roster players because they are already at the 23 limit.

This is why I would figure Stajan plus Berg or Pilar would have to go the other way (both top 6 D men for the Leafs even with the addition of Leetch). Then Kidd would be put on waivers. I would rather part with Antropov than Stajan. Plus a young prospect or a draft pick would need to be thrown in.

Kevin Forbes 03-06-2004 12:19 PM

The Ducks get absolutely hosed

I can't see a blockbuster like this happening as basically you're stripping the Ducks of what you want. For players like Carney and Rucchin, definitely expect to overpay.

If a Buds-Ducks trade goes down, it will probably be quite small. Gerber for a prospect is my guess.

albathegreat* 03-06-2004 12:42 PM

Toronto wouldnt deal Stajan for in a Goncahr deal, why would they now?

RoadWarrior 03-06-2004 12:45 PM

Antropov, 3rd and 4th rounders

for

Rucchin and Gerber

RoadWarrior 03-06-2004 12:46 PM

Salei would only be a slight upgrade on Pilar and Berg

wasting time 03-06-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadWarrior
Salei would only be a slight upgrade on Pilar and Berg

Are you on crack? Salei is a slaughter of an upgrade over either one. Why do you think this?

jmelm 03-06-2004 01:24 PM

This trade is not even close to fair value.

Obviously, I can't see the ducks trading Carney or, especially, Rucchin. If they did, however, trade this "package" of players, a more fair proposal would be:

To Anaheim:
C Matt Stajan
C Alex Steen
2004 2nd round pick
2005 1st round pick
+ another mid-level prospect/pick

To Toronto:
C Steve Rucchin
D Keith Carney
G Martin Gerber

McFly 03-06-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmelm
This trade is not even close to fair value.

Obviously, I can't see the ducks trading Carney or, especially, Rucchin. If they did, however, trade this "package" of players, a more fair proposal would be:

To Anaheim:
C Matt Stajan
C Alex Steen
2004 2nd round pick
2005 1st round pick
+ another mid-level prospect/pick

To Toronto:
C Steve Rucchin
D Keith Carney
G Martin Gerber

This is crazy for two reasons. They are not going to give up both Stajan and Steen. Second, they gave up their 2004 2nd rounder in last year's Wesley deal, and they won't give up a first rounder for 3 consecutive drafts.

Kevin Forbes 03-06-2004 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFly_GoLeafsGo
This is crazy for two reasons. They are not going to give up both Stajan and Steen. Second, they gave up their 2004 2nd rounder in last year's Wesley deal, and they won't give up a first rounder for 3 consecutive drafts.

but it is, however, even

caber24 03-06-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

To Anaheim:
C Matt Stajan
D Brendan Bell
2004 4th round pick

To Toronto:
C Steve Rucchin
D Keith Carney
G Martin Gerber

nope.

willie 03-06-2004 02:08 PM

Interesting thought but not going to happen.

Bell & 5th for Gerber is possible though.