HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Say what? Red on Gazette today (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=59084)

alexx3 03-06-2004 07:33 AM

Say what? Red on Gazette today

Red Fisher on Gazette
"Defenceman Ron Hainsey almost made it back to the NHL three weeks ago, but a deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets fell through. ..."

uh, for whom would Hainsey go to CBJ? Sounds scary...

#44_delivers 03-06-2004 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexx3
Red Fisher on Gazette
"Defenceman Ron Hainsey almost made it back to the NHL three weeks ago, but a deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets fell through. ..."

uh, for whom would Hainsey go to CBJ? Sounds scary...

alex can you gimmi a link ?

alexx3 03-06-2004 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
alex can you gimmi a link ?

today's Montreal Gazette hope that link works
"Don't bet against another move"
http://www.canada.com/montreal/sport...C-604CF2A2ED38

#44_delivers 03-06-2004 07:58 AM

Quote:

today's Montreal Gazette hope that link works
"Don't bet against another move"
http://www.canada.com/montreal/sport...C-604CF2A2ED38

wierd i wonder wth he means by saying that i mean if a freek'n deal fell through 2 weeks ago then why havnt we heard about it?

alexx3 03-06-2004 08:07 AM

Quote:

wierd i wonder wth he means by saying that i mean if a freek'n deal fell through 2 weeks ago then why havnt we heard about it?

Gainey keeps his pokerface ;)
And really who would Habs wanted from Columbus? Tyler Wright? Todd Marchant? Sanderson? Really I don't see there anyone worth of trading... maybe Jackets were scared that arbitration would rule againts them and were tangling Zherdev (Katsistsyn's old teammate)?

Moumni_Bachir 03-06-2004 08:07 AM

If there's a deal with Columbus I hope that Tyler Wright will be on his way to Montreal!

Dutchy 03-06-2004 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
If there's a deal with Columbus I hope that Tyler Wright will be on his way to Montreal!

Screw Wright! I want Zherdev and Nash!!!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

#44_delivers 03-06-2004 08:11 AM

Quote:

Gainey keeps his pokerface ;)
And really who would Habs wanted from Columbus? Tyler Wright? Todd Marchant? Sanderson? Really I don't see there anyone worth of trading... maybe Jackets were scared that arbitration would rule againts them and were tangling Zherdev (Katsistsyn's old teammate)?

i dont think they were dangling zherdev,

i think BG is probly intrested in spacek from columbus.maybe sanderson as well.

Moumni_Bachir 03-06-2004 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
Screw Wright! I want Zherdev and Nash!!!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

Who don't want them...! But do you think that Blue Jackets want to trade the futur of their team...to get Hainsey in return!!! :dunno:

alexx3 03-06-2004 08:16 AM

Quote:

i dont think they were dangling zherdev,
i think BG is probly intrested in spacek from columbus.maybe sanderson as well.

Huh, Hainsey for Spacek :mad:
I just can't figure any sensible trade with Columbus. Wright seems to n be most probably after all this was pre-Dowd, but Hainsey for Wright :mad:

Dutchy 03-06-2004 08:19 AM

Quote:

Who don't want them...! But do you think that Blue Jackets want to trade the futur of their team...to get Hainsey in return!!! :dunno:

Hehehe, I know, I know... I'm still half awake, so I'm allowed to dream a little ;)

Moumni_Bachir 03-06-2004 08:22 AM

Quote:

Huh, Hainsey for Spacek :mad:
I just can't figure any sensible trade with Columbus. Wright seems to n be most probably after all this was pre-Dowd, but Hainsey for Wright :mad:

Yeah, I know what you mean but I don't think that it would be only a 1 on 1 trade.

Moumni_Bachir 03-06-2004 08:23 AM

Quote:

Hehehe, I know, I know... I'm still half awake, so I'm allowed to dream a little ;)

Grosse soirée hier?!

Dutchy 03-06-2004 08:30 AM

Quote:

Grosse soirée hier?!

Si au moins!!!! J'ai travaillé 25hrs en 2 jours, et je suis pogné pour rentrer à 9h ce matin... Pffff.... Au moins je vais me défouler ce soir! ;)

P.S. Merci de t'inquièter :)

Moumni_Bachir 03-06-2004 08:32 AM

Quote:

Si au moins!!!! J'ai travaillé 25hrs en 2 jours, et je suis pogné pour rentrer à 9h ce matin... Pffff.... Au moins je vais me défouler ce soir! ;)

P.S. Merci de t'inquièter :)

Pas de problèmes, il n'y a pas que le hockey dans la vie...ben...euh...qu'est-ce que je viens de dire là!

Marksman 03-06-2004 08:41 AM

If thats true, my theory would be Gainey was trying to acquire Darryl Sydor.

He knows him from his Dallas Stars times and he would have fit rather nicely with Habs style.

Tampa just came with little better offer (Svitov). Timing is a little off, but not very much, that deal happened over a month ago.

jcpenny 03-06-2004 08:50 AM

Or maybe its really Svitov or KLESLA!! Hainsey and 1st rounder or Hossa...

Marksman 03-06-2004 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
Or maybe its really Svitov or KLESLA!! Hainsey and 1st rounder or Hossa...

I dont think so. What would make Gainey think BJs want to deal their future players. Klesla is more of less their franchise player along with Nash and they really wanted Svitov. I just dont make any sense at all from their point of view - trading young player to another would be lateral move at best loss more likely here.

Jackets wanted (still want) to get rid of their old timers like Sydor.

Addition: Also wasnt this before Habs had their 5 game slide? They were holding 6th spot in the east, putting that into perspective with Gaineys latest two moves he would add some immediate/near future help.

RE-HABS 03-06-2004 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marksman2
If thats true, my theory would be Gainey was trying to acquire Darryl Sydor.

He knows him from his Dallas Stars times and he would have fit rather nicely with Habs style.

Tampa just came with little better offer (Svitov). Timing is a little off, but not very much, that deal happened over a month ago.

Sydor came to mind for me too, the BlueJackets must have been following the Hamilton Bulldogs because Svitov is the player they took for Sydor...would have been nice.

Marc the Habs Fan 03-06-2004 09:23 AM

Has to be Sydor..

hockey_nut 03-06-2004 09:32 AM

Umm.... Sydor was traded to Tampa Bay a few weeks ago... so chances are that's not the case.

My guess is we're looking at some-kind of package... Richardson/Spacek and Sanderson/Wright type of deal.

Personally... I'm glad that didn't happen, i'd rather have Hainsey... et Kovalev... et Dowd

RE-HABS 03-06-2004 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey_nut
Umm.... Sydor was traded to Tampa Bay a few weeks ago...

Traded to Tampa Bay by Columbus with a 4th round pick in 2004 for Alexander Svitov and a 3rd round pick in 2004 Entry Draft, January 27, 2004
A month ago, so Red is a little off in his week or two...I don't think he wants to come right out and say Sydor.

Moumni_Bachir 03-06-2004 12:52 PM

We want Klesla!!! En plus yé bo! :lol:

alexx3 03-06-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

We want Klesla!!! En plus yé bo! :lol:

heck, probably would cost minium Hainsey and 1st rounder :(

RE-HABS 03-06-2004 01:11 PM

Quote:

heck, probably would cost minium Hainsey and 1st rounder :(

Sydor isn't worth a 1st rounder with Hainsey going too.

Bolts traded Svitov and a 3rd for Sydor and a 4th, why would we over pay in such a deal?

Plus AS and BG don't trade 1st rounders.