HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Hickey-Teubert-Voinov vs McDonagh-Subban-Emelin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=590930)

amnesiac* 01-04-2009 01:35 PM

Hickey-Teubert-Voinov vs McDonagh-Subban-Emelin

who dyou think will have the better defensive trio in years to come?

Shaun_W_W 01-04-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnesiac (Post 17141419)
who dyou think will have the better defensive trio in years to come?

I thought Emelin was unlikely to come over? If that is still the case then LA's trio seeing is they are all in NA already...

EDIT - Seeing as LA already has a top 4 of dmen 25 or under it is unlikely that their whole trio makes their team...

Slevesque 01-04-2009 01:39 PM

we'll see this year about emelin, but I don't really know which I would choose

mcdonagh seems like more of a top four then top pairing right now, and hickey isn't even having 1st PP minutes when offense is supposed to be his best asset ...

Novak Djokovic 01-04-2009 01:40 PM

Hickey is the best defenseman of all despite him not being at his best in this tournament. I'd say McDonagh comes second.

The most underrated defenseman of all is Voinov......It's pretty close, but I'd go with LA.

Nizdizzle 01-04-2009 01:45 PM

Pretty easily LA, IMO. The deal breaker for me was the Emelin - Voinov matchup.

amnesiac* 01-04-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan311 (Post 17141593)
Pretty easily LA, IMO. The deal breaker for me was the Emelin - Voinov matchup.

Pierre McGuire touted Emelin as one the best Dmen outside the NHL. Stay at home, very solid defesively.

HotPie 01-04-2009 04:17 PM

Considering Emelin is probably never coming to NA, I'd have to go with the LA trio.

Nizdizzle 01-04-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnesiac (Post 17141659)
Pierre McGuire touted Emelin as one the best Dmen outside the NHL. Stay at home, very solid defesively.

Don't take it the wrong way if I don't actually take McGuire seriously.

(Also, I think the exact quote was that he was THE best D-man not in the NHL, no?)

Harrison Ford 01-04-2009 11:45 PM

I'd go with Los Angeles's Trio.

sensfan83* 01-04-2009 11:46 PM

Doughty-Johnson-Hickey easily.

loadie 01-05-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensfan83 (Post 17152041)
Doughty-Johnson-Hickey easily.

Crap, I missed those guys being one of the options. :sarcasm:

Luongo2008* 01-05-2009 01:30 PM

MTL: McDonagh-Subban-Emelin

FrankMTL 01-05-2009 01:35 PM

I think LA's trio has the potential to be better...they look better on paper anyways. Having said that, I have been more impressed with Subban and Mcdonagh this tournament. Hickey has really dissapointed me as he has created nothing on offense either on the powerplay (he has had second unit pp time) or at even strength. He hasen't been that great defensivly either. I won't judge him just on this tournament because I heard he is such a great player in the WHL, but for 4th overall pick, he has to be better. McDonagh and Teubert have been a wash in my eyes. The difference is Voinov who looks like a pretty promising d-man and Emelin who is not even sure he is coming over.

Should have compared Subban-McDonagh-Fischer VS. Hickey-Teubert-Voinov...would have been closer but still a slight nod to the LA players. They're going to have to show me more then they have at the WJC though, thats for sure.

Squeaky 01-05-2009 02:49 PM

I went with LA due to Emelin being a giant ?

Switch him for Weber or Fischer, I might take the Habs. But I suppose if we allow trades the Kings could toss in Johnson or Doughty and destroy the Habs.

le_sean 01-05-2009 03:06 PM

Still cool we can have this debate considering Hickey was a 4th overall pick, Teubert 13th and Voinov 32nd while McDonagh was 12th, Subban 43rd and Emelin 84th.

Really depends on if Emelin comes over. I think the three Habs players are better, but we can't forget Doughty and Johnson on LA, this is where they become great.

FrankMTL 01-05-2009 03:17 PM

2008 was a hell of a good draft so far for Los Angeles picking up 3 extremly promising looking d-men with their first 3 picks.

montreal 01-05-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnesiac (Post 17141659)

I don't know where he comes up with that one. Emelin dropped from the 2nd pairing to the 3rd pairing and from what I've seen his play has regressed. There's a reason why he went from playing on the WC team to not even being invited to the premlim camp last year.

Imo as someone that spends a great deal of time and energy following the Habs prospects, Emelin is down the depth chart of D prospects for the Habs.

LAX attack* 01-05-2009 04:24 PM

Anyone that says the MTL pair is seriously underrating Voinov..

But they have legitimate NHL skill, vs. WJC talent (like Subban seems to do)

Saw Jiris Tlusty 01-05-2009 04:26 PM

Gimme the LA trio. I'm slowly becoming a fan of LA just because of their insane D prospects

Doughty - Johnson
Hickey - Teubert

:amazed:

Hossa 01-05-2009 04:32 PM

The LA trio fairly comfortably for me. I'd take all three LA blueliners over either Subban or Emelin.

AK 01-05-2009 10:03 PM

LA guys.

Can you imagine their potential D in four years?

Doughty-Johnson
Hickey-Teubert
Greene-Voinov

Rod Buskas* 01-05-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letang58 (Post 17170635)
LA guys.

Can you imagine their potential D in four years?

Doughty-Johnson
Hickey-Teubert
Greene-Voinov

you forgot Quincey :)

GIN ANTONIC 01-05-2009 11:25 PM

LA for me if we're talking about DEFENSIVE ABILITY. Sorry but Subban doesn't play defense. That guy spent more time below the Swedish hash marks than Markstrom did! Seriously he is a dynamic player when he rushes with the puck on one of his end to end world tours, but he has horrible positioning and just can't handle the opposing top talents. Kind of ironic that his name is PK... not where he belongs at all! :biglaugh:

Jaysfanatic* 01-05-2009 11:26 PM

LA for sure

Johnson, Teubert, Voionov, Hickey, Doughty..........geez.

guest1467 01-05-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRAINIAC (Post 17172578)
LA for me if we're talking about DEFENSIVE ABILITY. Sorry but Subban doesn't play defense. That guy spent more time below the Swedish hash marks than Markstrom did! Seriously he is a dynamic player when he rushes with the puck on one of his end to end world tours, but he has horrible positioning and just can't handle the opposing top talents. Kind of ironic that his name is PK... not where he belongs at all! :biglaugh:

Except that he was on every single one of Canada's PKs throughout the tournament.

Great poll, it is too close to call for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic (Post 17172603)
LA for sure

Johnson, Teubert, Voionov, Hickey, Doughty..........geez.

We're not talking about Doughty or Johnson here.