HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Injury Report: Koivu's status (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=591194)

albertabound 01-05-2009 06:52 AM

When Koivu returns-who goes down?
 
When the return of our captain who do you think will be sent back down to Hamilton?
Will it be MAc pac - Chips or Dags or maybe even Sergi for conditioning. Who do you think?

Bumjoo Wang* 01-05-2009 06:54 AM

For a split second I thought this was gonna be a betting thread on who's the next to join the Habs' list of injuries this season.

Noldo 01-05-2009 07:01 AM

Koivu's status
 
From a Finnish source on 5th January (MTV3, local commercial television company, I would say definetly reliable):

- Koivu has been on ice on saturday for a third time, leg feels mostly good, some pain still in certain positions.
- Will join team's practices this week
- Earliest date of return will be at the end of this week
- true test for the condition of the leg will be team's practices with contact.

toshiro 01-05-2009 07:09 AM

Put some muscle on his line. Try Lapierre to stir things up. Or Chip so Saku isnt battling for the puck add game. Chip Laps Saku would be hellish to play against lol.:handclap:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noldo (Post 17153916)
From a Finnish source on 5th January (MTV3, local commercial television company, I would say definetly reliable):

- Koivu has been on ice on saturday for a third time, leg feels mostly good, some pain still in certain positions.
- Will join team's practices this week
- Earliest date of return will be at the end of this week
- true test for the condition of the leg will be team's practices with contact.


GoodKiwi 01-05-2009 07:13 AM

I don't wanna see him back before the game @Boston at the earliest. Let it heal properly.

It's not like we are in great need to get healthy right now. As far as we're mostly injury-free by March all will be good. As it stands right now, we're definitely making the playoffs and we're certainly not competing for the first place in the conference. Let the rookies play.

HotHabsFan* 01-05-2009 07:18 AM

hey P1xx444r, Andrei K made your post bashing of him look not so knowledgeable last night, no ? ;)
wow i have to AGREE with you here, Koivu must take his time, plus he will be in better physical shape for the playoffs with the rest !

beowulf 01-05-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P1x44r (Post 17153951)
I don't wanna see him back before the game @Boston at the earliest. Let it heal properly.

It's not like we are in great need to get healthy right now. As far as we're mostly injury-free by March all will be good. As it stands right now, we're definitely making the playoffs and we're certainly not competing for the first place in the conference. Let the rookies play.


I just don't see why the team would want to give up fighting for first in the conference. We are 12 pts back with a game in hand. Win that game we are at 10....with just over half the season to go.

As for Saku, I do agree that he should make sure he is 100% before coming back.

GoodKiwi 01-05-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotHabsFan (Post 17153969)
hey P1xx444r, Andrei K made your post bashing of him look not so knowledgeable last night, no ? ;)

Let's see if he can keep it up and improve on his current pace of 40 points on the season.
Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf (Post 17154000)
I just don't see why the team would want to give up fighting for first in the conference. We are 12 pts back with a game in hand. Win that game we are at 10....with just over half the season to go.

Ya well, anything is possible, but the way Boston is playing I do not see them sliding much. If we're gonna continue to play just above .500 we will definitely have no chances of catching up.

JMMR 01-05-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf (Post 17154000)
I just don't see why the team would want to give up fighting for first in the conference. We are 12 pts back with a game in hand. Win that game we are at 10....with just over half the season to go.

As for Saku, I do agree that he should make sure he is 100% before coming back.

Exactly correct 12 points is nothing in January in fact at this time last year the Canadiens were 10 points behind the Ottawa Senators and the Habs had played one more game than Ottawa.

As for Saku the Habs do miss him but I would hold him out as long as the team is winning.

GoodKiwi 01-05-2009 07:35 AM

I do not think it's much of a guess really. Pacioretty will be sent down unless he lights it up before then.

beowulf 01-05-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P1x44r (Post 17154013)
Ya well, anything is possible, but the way Boston is playing I do not see them sliding much. If we're gonna continue to play just above .500 we will definitely have no chances of catching up.

Not saying it is going to be easy but there is till a lot of time left and they can get a few key injuries like we have had and we can remain healthy and the tables can turn. I think the remaining games we have against them will go a long way in deciding it.

beowulf 01-05-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P1x44r (Post 17154041)
I do not think it's much of a guess really. Pacioretty will be sent down unless he lights it up before then.

Exactly, I really think that this might be Chips time to stay as long as he earns it of course.

Habs 4 Life 01-05-2009 07:40 AM

No rush,the dept is great here and Chipchura looked good again yesterday and right now we need everyone back 100% ready for the 2nd half and the playoff drive

la25ecoupe 01-05-2009 08:19 AM

Give more chance to Pax play :)

la25ecoupe 01-05-2009 08:21 AM

Goes down on who?

Watsatheo 01-05-2009 08:43 AM

Hooray captain K. He was an absolute beast the last time he returned from an injury.

Watsatheo 01-05-2009 08:45 AM

Most likely Pacioretty and Weber, maybe D'Agostini.

sandman08 01-05-2009 08:54 AM

in all likelihood it'll be max, simply so the team doesnt "burn" a year of his contract and eligibility for free-agency after playing more than 10 games

Pascal 01-05-2009 09:24 AM

i miss saku

GoodKiwi 01-05-2009 09:59 AM

By the way, I can't seem to remember....is this Koivu's first injury this season or did he miss game(s) prior to it as well?

Lucius 01-05-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman08 (Post 17154504)
in all likelihood it'll be max, simply so the team doesnt "burn" a year of his contract and eligibility for free-agency after playing more than 10 games

Ummm - Does that apply if he's in the AHL?

Also, to the OP, it won't be Sergei. He's been playing well for a good stretch now. Heck, he has almost the same number of points as Plekanec :P

beowulf 01-05-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P1x44r (Post 17154990)
By the way, I can't seem to remember....is this Koivu's first injury this season or did he miss game(s) prior to it as well?

Injured, came back for a couple and then injured again I believe. Not sure if it is the same thing acting up.

WestIslander 01-05-2009 10:12 AM

Chipchura and Weber

HotHabsFan* 01-05-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P1x44r (Post 17154990)
By the way, I can't seem to remember....is this Koivu's first injury this season or did he miss game(s) prior to it as well?

i believe it's his second, but the first was 1 or 2 games !

Lucius 01-05-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestIslander (Post 17155125)
Chipchura and Weber

If the reports that O'Byrne is down for conditioning are true, Weber be tied directly to him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.