HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why Trade? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=59149)

missthenet 03-06-2004 10:58 AM

Why Trade?

Is there a reason everyone seems to be so anxious to trade Hainsey, or Hossa or anyone else from Hamilton and by the way lets throw in a draft choce or two. Why do you people think that Hainsey and Hossa are finished as habs? These guys are very young, I have kids their age and believe me not everyone matures at the same rate. We had Sean Hill and traded him because the management felt he would not help the habs, same as ruchinsky and there are others etc. If we deal from the farm to help a non cup contender now we will never be contenders in my opinion.

Freaky Habs Fan 03-06-2004 11:05 AM

I don't think we should trade Hainsey. He play so well in Hamilton and we don't have to much depht at defencce for the future. Just look what's happening noe with the injury of Souray. We have to put a right D-men on the left side... Maybe I would trade Hossa but only if we could receive something very good in return because we have so many good young fowards.

Many people on these boards think a prospects will help a team at the moment he start in the NHL but it's not like that. Hainsey and Hossa shows good thing in the NHL so they will be good. Just give them the time...

Dutchy 03-06-2004 11:05 AM

Montreal + Trade Deadline =

O'Neil, Smyth, Odelein, Hill >>>>>> Gretsky, Lemieux, Bourque, Orr
Hainsey, Hossa <<<<<< Brad Brown, Terry Ryan

alexx3 03-06-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missthenet
Is there a reason everyone seems to be so anxious to trade Hainsey, or Hossa or anyone else from Hamilton and by the way lets throw in a draft choce or two. Why do you people think that Hainsey and Hossa are finished as habs? These guys are very young, I have kids their age and believe me not everyone matures at the same rate. We had Sean Hill and traded him because the management felt he would not help the habs, same as ruchinsky and there are others etc. If we deal from the farm to help a non cup contender now we will never be contenders in my opinion.

Wasn't Hill's case just that Habs would have lost him anyway... Florida entering NHL? 'm all for giving kids a chance especially lockout looming ahead but if there's a chance of getting player that normally wouldn't be available... I say, go ahead, Bob! :) IMO if I had to choose between Hossa and Hainsey I'd rather keep Hossa.

Marksman 03-06-2004 03:04 PM

Rucinsky wasnt traded only because he was 30 years old player underachieving.

He was traded because he was becoming UFA and insisted on long term $3M per year contract (which he never got elsewhere either). Just like Brian Savage who Coyotes signed and are trying to waive now.