HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Chris Simon to CGY for Blair Betts, Greg Moore and Jamie McLennan; claim Josh Green. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=59167)

John Flyers Fan 03-06-2004 12:17 PM

Chris Simon to CGY for Josh Green and Jamie McLennan

Per TSN .. breaking news

GKJ 03-06-2004 12:19 PM

Thanks John.

Just refreshed. I guess your computer is faster than mine :D

Fire Sather 03-06-2004 12:21 PM

Simon- Come back after the season!

and.. Mcclennan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dunham

Impossibles 03-06-2004 12:22 PM

Didn't see this one coming.

I thought Calgary was looking for more scoring forwards?

Ajacied 03-06-2004 12:22 PM

Green got his ass handed to him by Shayne Corson last night. I'd say a wise move..

CCF 03-06-2004 12:22 PM

Interesting deal from a Flames standpoint. Still does nothing to adresse their need for some added scoring, but additional grit is always welcome and especially come playoff time. I think Barnaby would have been a better pick up, he has offensive skills Simon lacks.

As for the Rangers, well they continue to cycle goaltenders and I'm surprised that they would bring in McLennan.Just doesn't seem like the high priced backup you would expect them to get.

I guess with McLennan gone, Turek isn't?

SmokeyClause 03-06-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather

Empty net>>>>>>>>>Dunham.

Seriously though, Simon is a strong pickup. He's a big body who's found the net at a decent clip this year.

GoneFullHextall 03-06-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

guess they found someone to take Dunham. probably wont be long to hear that news.
i think Ranger fans will be upset with this one thou. Simon was one of the few guys who seem to care in New York IMO

BruinFan42 03-06-2004 12:25 PM

McLennan played rather well and held the fort for the Flames in the first few months of the season, I'm surprised Calgary let him go.

Is it because the Flames feel they have no chance at getting rid of Turek?

Oh well, good deal for Calgary. Should spark them offensively and add to the grit department. They need a wake-up call...

evman150* 03-06-2004 12:30 PM

Interesting.

Odd that Noodles is traded right after Turek is put on waivers. I guess that means Sutter will stick with Turek through the season.

Green is garbage. Flames fans will NOT be disappointed that he is gone. People have been calling for him to go to Lowell for quite some time now.

Chris Simon - Heard rumours about this guy coming so I'm not totally surprised. Toughness, a little bit of goal scoring, a guy you can put in the lineup and not hurt you an excessive amount defensively.

Good deadline pickup. I would've preferred a scorer, but oh well. Maybe that's coming up next.

Zednik 03-06-2004 12:30 PM

the news has changed...

New York Rangers trade Chris Simon to Calgary for a package including goaltender Jamie McLennan, TSN has learned. The Rangers also picked up Flames winger Josh Green on waivers.

nucks2001 03-06-2004 12:30 PM

TSN has changed it.. the deal was for a package involving McLennan.. Green was a seperate waiver pickup

GKJ 03-06-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Seriously though, Simon is a strong pickup. He's a big body who's found the net at a decent clip this year.

He's solid in the power play, and has been producing this season. Not at a 30-goal pace he did for the Caps one year, but this has been his best season since then.

Perez 03-06-2004 12:33 PM

Lol, Sather is trading all his players to Canada!!!

:bow: :handclap: :bow:

Kevin Forbes 03-06-2004 12:36 PM

it's been already mentioned
BUT TSN now says the trade is

Chris Simon and a conditional 7th round pick for Jamie McLennan, Blair Betts and prospect Greg Moore
The Rangers then pick up Josh Green off waivers in a seperate deal

Melrose_Jr. 03-06-2004 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCF
As for the Rangers, well they continue to cycle goaltenders and I'm surprised that they would bring in McLennan.Just doesn't seem like the high priced backup you would expect them to get.

Our AHL affiliate lost their back-up, Osaer, to surgery. Hartford starter Labarbera was up and got his firts NHL win last night, but can't stay. Valiquette will now back-up in Hartford. McLennan will replace Markkanen as Dunham's backup. THANK GOD it wasn't Turek!

Josh Green. Already has 4 useless games under his belt as Ranger and left with nothing good to say about the organization. Conidentally, the organization had nothing good to say about him. I'd have rather just swapped Simon for Jamie even than have to deal with this piece of garbage again.

Perez 03-06-2004 12:39 PM

I'll bett that the next moove of the rangers will be to trade Lindros or Holik to the nucks. :p ;) :D

BB 03-06-2004 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perez

Great observation, i didn't even put that together. Only Vancouver and Ottawa are left to get a Ranger play or two, and they are both, in rumor, tied to Ranger players

Fire Sather 03-06-2004 12:41 PM

whoaa

Blair Betts added!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=75207

evman150* 03-06-2004 12:42 PM

Brutal trade by the Flames.

Blair Betts is already a solid player and was to be our future 3rd/2nd line center. Greg Moore was also a very pleasant suprise as far as prospects go. Those two plus Noodles for a tough guy RENTAL?!?

Unbelievable. I hope Sutter has something more planned.

Reign Nateo 03-06-2004 12:43 PM

Seems like an overpayment on the part of the Flames. McLennan, Betts, and a prospect for Chris Simon and a 7th? I bet there isn't a Flames fan here that would have agreed to that deal yesterday.

Isn't Simon a UFA as well?

HuskyFlames 03-06-2004 12:45 PM

I feel liek (as a Flames fan) we just took it up the asz.

Fire Sather 03-06-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perez

Ive noticed that.. barnaby will go to Ottawa probably.

Shappa 03-06-2004 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evman150
Brutal trade by the Flames.

Blair Betts is already a solid player and was to be our future 3rd/2nd line center. Greg Moore was also a very pleasant suprise as far as prospects go. Those two plus Noodles for a tough guy RENTAL?!?

Unbelievable. I hope Sutter has something more planned.

I'm surprised it took as long as the second page for someone to say this. I took one look at the deal and thought it was a horrible move on the Flames part. Simon isn't much of a scorer, and has that *potential* to him to cause more bad than good in the dressing room.

I don't know the contract status on Simon, but if he is indeed a rental, this is a terrible trade by the flames.

On another note, is Turek still on waivers??? If so, how funny would it be for someone to claim him (yes i know it will never happen) and leave the Flames with not enough goaltending rather than too much :p

GKJ 03-06-2004 12:47 PM

Quote:

Green off waivers