HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Simon to Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=59168)

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-06-2004 12:18 PM

Simon to Flames
 
New York Rangers trade Chris Simon to Calgary for Josh Green and Jamie McLennan, TSN has learned

Simon is now a Flame

Fire Sather 03-06-2004 12:22 PM

:(

I didnt want to move him.. but he'll probably come back.

Mccleanen is probably better than Dunham.

cgyfireman 03-06-2004 12:24 PM

You guys will love Jamie McLennan,he has a heart the size of Texas.He played 6 weeks with a cracked sternum.Josh Green is the worst.I was hoping to see Mathew Barnaby come our way.Who would you guys rather lose,Simon or Barnaby?

Melrose_Jr. 03-06-2004 12:26 PM

Green? Are you effing kidding me? I suppose he's recanted his anti-Ranger remarks since his last stint on Broadway then. P.O.S.

On the bright side, at least we're not stuck with Turek! Calgary's real lucky that Phil Osaer is out or they would have had to pony up with something decent to land Simon.

phishman3579 03-06-2004 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Green? Are you effing kidding me? I suppose he's recanted his anti-Ranger remarks since his last stint on Broadway then. P.O.S.

On the bright side, at least we're not stuck with Turek! Calgary's real lucky that Phil Osaer is out or they would have had to pony up with something decent to land Simon.

This doesn't seem like the best deal, I would have hoped that Simon would get a better return.

Why is Sather exclusively trading with canadian teams?

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-06-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phishman3579
This doesn't seem like the best deal, I would have hoped that Simon would get a better return.

Why is Sather exclusively trading with canadian teams?


something makes me wonder, why deal one ufa for 2 and especially when one the rangers got is a goalie

Anyone thinks Dunham will be gone by the weekend is up? :dunno: Why we need another goalie who is ufa??

kazo 03-06-2004 12:32 PM

Josh Green? Are You Kidding me? He adds nothing to this team now or in the future.

alexx3 03-06-2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phishman3579
This doesn't seem like the best deal, I would have hoped that Simon would get a better return.

Why is Sather exclusively trading with canadian teams?

Heh, it does seem weird. Maybe he's showing his true patriotheart :rolly:
Frankly IMO he should have gotten more for Kovalev, Leetch, Markkanen, Nedved, Simon... but hey, I'm not complainin' though you Rangers fans should, Slats is not doing any favours to his own team!!! :dunno:

phishman3579 03-06-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
something makes me wonder, why deal one ufa for 2 and especially when one the rangers got is a goalie

Anyone thinks Dunham will be gone by the weekend is up? :dunno: Why we need another goalie who is ufa??

If McLennan was available why would anyone want Dunham, is the real question. Hasn't any GM watched this Ranger season?

phishman3579 03-06-2004 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexx3
Heh, it does seem weird. Maybe he's showing his true patriotheart :rolly:
Frankly IMO he should have gotten more for Kovalev, Leetch, Markkanen, Nedved, Simon... but hey, I'm not complainin' though you Rangers fans should, Slats is not doing any favours to his own team!!! :dunno:

I haven't had any REAL problems with the trades upto this point but I would have rather gotten a 3rd rounder or a 4th rounder for either of these two FA's. Really seems like Sather wants a cup in Canada this year. I bet there were atleast 3-4 teams that would have given more for Simon than the Flames.

nyr5186 03-06-2004 12:37 PM

"The New York Rangers have traded Chris Simon and a conditional 7th round pick to the Calgary Flames for Jamie McLennan, Blair Betts and prospect Greg Moore, TSN has learned."

Green was picked up off waivers. He wasnt part of the deal.

Bird Law 03-06-2004 12:37 PM

We also get Blair Betts and Greg Moore.

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-06-2004 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille
We also get Blair Betts and Greg Moore.


I like it alot better now, now is Greg Moore related to Dominic by any chance? :dunno:

Bird Law 03-06-2004 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
"The New York Rangers have traded Chris Simon and a conditional 7th round pick to the Calgary Flames for Jamie McLennan, Blair Betts and prospect Greg Moore, TSN has learned."

Green was picked up off waivers. He wasnt part of the deal.

Now let's just get Steve Moore!

Shadowtron 03-06-2004 12:39 PM

"The New York Rangers have traded Chris Simon and a conditional 7th round pick to the Calgary Flames for Jamie McLennan, Blair Betts and prospect Greg Moore, TSN has learned"


That's more than I thought Simon would have gotten us.


Josh Green was claimed off of waivers.


EDIT: You just beat me to it Reveille

phishman3579 03-06-2004 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
"The New York Rangers have traded Chris Simon and a conditional 7th round pick to the Calgary Flames for Jamie McLennan, Blair Betts and prospect Greg Moore, TSN has learned."

Green was picked up off waivers. He wasnt part of the deal.

Alot better than I first thought...Not the best return I had hoped for...

Bird Law 03-06-2004 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I like it alot better now, now is Greg Moore related to Dominic by any chance? :dunno:

His brother, I believe.

Fire Sather 03-06-2004 12:43 PM

wow.. its nice now.

phishman3579 03-06-2004 12:43 PM

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=3678
Name: Greg Moore
Position: RW
Shoots: Right
Height: 6-5
Weight: 206 lbs
Birthdate: 0000-00-00
Hometown: Lisbon, Maine
Acquired:
5th round, 143rd overall

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=341
Name: Blair Betts
Position: C
Shoots: Left
Height: 6-1
Weight: 185 lbs
Birthdate: 1980-02-16
Hometown: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Acquired:
Drafted in 2nd Round, 33rd overall in 1998

History

Betts had a solid point-per-game career in the WHL with a star-studded Prince George Cougars squad before making the jump to pro hockey in the 2000-01 campaign.

Since then, he has been a contributor at the AHL level, but wasn't ever a dominant force. In his two cups of coffee with the big club, Betts has worked hard and made the most of his opportunities but hasn't shown anything more than 3rd/4th line abilities.
Talent Analysis

Betts has decent size, a sterling work ethic and a willingness to do whatever it takes to contribute. He's a heart and soul kind of guy, just what Dr. Sutter ordered.
Future

Will likely make the Flames roster as the 4th line C out of camp this year. His biggest competition for the spot is likely Matthew Lombardi, however Betts' style, solid defensive play, work ethic and attitude give him the inside track on Darryl Sutter's club.

nyr5186 03-06-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille
Now let's just get Steve Moore!

Im wondering, has there ever been a line made up of three brothers? Not counting the Hansons ofcourse.

phishman3579 03-06-2004 12:45 PM

By my excellent deduction.. I don't think they are related...

Name: Greg Moore
Position: RW
Shoots: Right
Height: 6-5
Weight: 206 lbs
Birthdate: 0000-00-00
***Hometown: Lisbon, Maine***

Name: Dominic Moore
Position: C
Shoots:
Height: 6-1
Weight: 190 lbs
Birthdate: 1980-08-03
***Hometown: Thornhill, Ontario***

alexx3 03-06-2004 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather
wow.. its nice now.


must admit it looks far better now for Rangers. Betts's a very good addition...
it really did look dirty cheap if it would have been just green and mclennan for Simon...

Rangers_23 03-06-2004 12:46 PM

Now if we can just pry Steve Moore away from Colorado, we can ice an entire line of Moores! :rolly:

Seriously though, would have loved to make a play for Ramholt, Commodore, or Nystrom, although I know Simon isn't that valuable.

Fire Sather 03-06-2004 12:47 PM

Wow.. i really think we made a nice deal here.

Melrose_Jr. 03-06-2004 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron
That's more than I thought Simon would have gotten us.

WAY more!

I'm still scratching my head on the Josh Green claim though. Guess we needed a warm body to fill Simon's spot.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.