HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   3 Way Trade Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=591954)

JorgeRocks! 01-06-2009 10:36 PM

3 Way Trade Proposal

What do you guys think?

Calgary:
Brendan Witt
Ole-Kristian Tollefson

Colombus Blue Jackets:
Adrian Aucoin

New York Islanders:
2009 Colombus 2nd round Pick
Matt Pelech

Thinking of posting this on the Trade Proposal and Rumour boards, but just want to see what you guys think.

Northern Neighbour 01-06-2009 10:51 PM

Aucoin has a NTC. I don't think he would agree to go to Columbus.

Columbus doesn't get enough. Aucoin probably could be had for a 3rd-round pick. Calgary needs to add more in the trade.

Snoil11 01-06-2009 10:59 PM

I don't think that Tollefson and Witt are the kind of defenders that the Flames need, in particular when they trade Aucoin. Don't get me wrong, I really like what Brendan Witt brings to the table, but moving one of our veteran puck-moving defenders and replacing them with two stay-at-home-defenders does not help the Flames.

Hyperkookeez* 01-06-2009 11:00 PM

i cant see the isles doing it. who else will eat up the big minutes that witt plays. i doubt they want to trade away one of their few top4 d, as well as make their team even younger.

plus with sarich and regehr does calgary even need another hard nosed defensive dman earning over 3 mil on a fairly long term contract. personally id rather see a good 2way guy like leopold brought in

JorgeRocks! 01-06-2009 11:13 PM

fair points. Rumours are the jackets are in the market for a right shooting power play d man, and aucoin fits the bill. (Kubina does to, but aucoin is a million dollars cheaper). They have plenty of picks and prospects, but we need a d man back to replace aucoin's minutes, and i do not think there are many on the market besides witt. Colombus is really pressed to make the playoffs, and they will probably clean out the front office if they do not make the post season this year. They are really pressed, and will probably pay dearly IMO for short term gain

The Gaud Father 01-07-2009 12:25 AM

No more moves on the blue line. They have great chemistry together. Plus we need Aucoin. He is 1 of the 3 that can move the puck up consistently.

Lunatik* 01-07-2009 12:39 AM

like others have said we can not afford to move Aucoin... but then again this will never happen because Columbus gets boned... and the Isles will want more for their best defenseman

The Gaud Father 01-07-2009 12:47 AM

If the Flames were to trade for another defenceman, it would be a for a 2-way guy. We need to find the perfect partner for Regehr. I'd like to have Leopold back..

PIMking 01-07-2009 03:04 PM

They are not getting rid of Pelech. That is enough talk about him.