HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What about Matt cooke?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=59212)

Alrusky 03-06-2004 02:06 PM

What about Matt cooke??

With the addition of Dowd to the lineup as a third or forth Center, what would a Begin, Dowd, Cooke line look like? I'd hate to be playing against a line like that! Begin can play wing, right? Vancouver is in the West so trades are more probable, but what does Montreal have that Vancouver may need? Goaltending maybe, but I don't think the Habs can help there..

Any thoughs on this? Is this possible?

Perez 03-06-2004 02:07 PM

Is he a Troll or Rookie...

don't think about it, bad proposal

Habber 03-06-2004 02:08 PM

Why would Vancouver want to trade him?

Marksman 03-06-2004 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alrusky
With the addition of Dowd to the lineup as a third or forth Center, what would a Begin, Dowd, Cooke line look like? I'd hate to be playing against a line like that! Begin can play wing, right? Vancouver is in the West so trades are more probable, but what does Montreal have that Vancouver may need? Goaltending maybe, but I don't think the Habs can help there..

Any thoughs on this? Is this possible?

They need 1st line center bigger than Morrison and quality right winger for their second line. My guess they would be asking Ryder or Zednik. In other words I dont think its possible.

Perez 03-06-2004 02:12 PM

Habs would really have to overpay to get him imo. Nucks aren't interested in the moment by prospects. So forget about offering players like Hainsey, Hossa or who ever. The only player I'dd see the nucks interested in by the habs would be Zednik or Ryder. And that of course would be way too much from the habs pov.

I like alot Cooke, he's a good 3rd liner but too valuable to the nucks. Even if they've got Ruutu who's very similar they wont moove him or at least I really doubt it. Ruutu imo could be more easily mooved.

Alrusky 03-06-2004 02:12 PM

I'm not asking why Vancouver would trade him. I'm asking if BG wants a guy like that as a 3rd or 4th line winger.. He is young and the habs are looking at youth. I'm sure If the habs offered something good, they may go for it..

Perez 03-06-2004 02:17 PM

Quote:

I'm not asking why Vancouver would trade him. I'm asking if BG wants a guy like that as a 3rd or 4th line winger.. He is young and the habs are looking at youth. I'm sure If the habs offered something good, they may go for it..

Honestly I think nobody in this forum realy knows what BG wants...
Imo the 3rd and 4th lines look good enough. They're not spectacular but most of the time they're going to do the job. So no, I don't think that BG is looking for players like Cooke now but I could be wrong.

Imo if he's still lookinf for something it would be a player to replace Dagenais on the 2 first lines ( doubt it) or a dmen who plays very physical.

Habber 03-06-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

No.

While Cooke is a good player, he doesn't fill a need for us right now. He would be very expensive to get and it doesn't make sense to overpay for a guy who plays a position (3rd line) that we already have 5 or 6 guys vying for.

We need anothe top 6 winger and maybe a defenceman, not more checkers.