HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Iginla Flames representative at all star game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=592128)

flamesfan12 01-07-2009 12:16 PM

Iginla Flames representative at all star game

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=4...id=DL|NHL|home

Good for Iggy. Figured he would be the only flame at the game.

StreakingRed 01-07-2009 12:42 PM

No surprise here.

tfong 01-07-2009 01:45 PM

All star voting is kind of a joke -_-

Hyde 01-07-2009 01:49 PM

Kinda hopes he doesn't go. I rather he take the break/rest. Though we'll know he'll show up.

OMGaudreau 01-07-2009 01:50 PM

Thought Kiprusoff would be selected, but they had a tough choice trying to get every team in.

puck_08 01-07-2009 03:35 PM

I'm glad Dion didn't make it..

flamesfan12 01-07-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyde (Post 17199881)
Kinda hopes he doesn't go. I rather he take the break/rest. Though we'll know he'll show up.

Would be nice for him to take the break, but like you said there is no chance he'll decline and he'll definetly be there. Phaneuf and Kipper could definetly use the rest so I am happy they were not named to the team.

Lunatik* 01-07-2009 05:14 PM

the fan voting has made the ASG a joke... and why the **** would the NHL name an injured Luongo to the team?... and since Kane is hurt... does one of the Sedins replace him and then maybe Kipper get the 3rd goalie spot?

GoFlames 01-07-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatik (Post 17203594)
the fan voting has made the ASG a joke... and why the **** would the NHL name an injured Luongo to the team?... and since Kane is hurt... does one of the Sedins replace him and then maybe Kipper get the 3rd goalie spot?

Yeah the voting is a cluster ****. Montreal is nowhere near having that amount of quality all star starters. Where was Iggy, Thornton, Chara etc.... pathetic.

KiwiFlamesFan 01-07-2009 10:45 PM

Congrats to Iggy :handclap:

Snoil11 01-08-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatik (Post 17203594)

As much as I like Kipper, but Steve Mason would be my first choice to as a goalie replacement. Still don't get it, that he wasn't selected by the NHL.

Lunatik* 01-08-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoil11 (Post 17215587)
As much as I like Kipper, but Steve Mason would be my first choice to as a goalie replacement. Still don't get it, that he wasn't selected by the NHL.

what is so hard to grasp... he is a rookie... therefor they need him in the young stars game... there aren't enough rookie goalies that are good enough to put on a show in that game

getoverit 01-08-2009 10:08 AM

No surprise here, congrats Iggy!!! I was just soooooooo happy Phaneuf didnt make it, he needs a wake up call, got thru the sophmore jinx, but this year he just sux regardless of amount of icetime he is getting. Needs to be benched a game or two and let him view the ice from up above. Get Phaneuf and rock hands Lombo going and it only gong to get better :handclap:

Snoil11 01-08-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatik (Post 17216495)
what is so hard to grasp... he is a rookie... therefor they need him in the young stars game... there aren't enough rookie goalies that are good enough to put on a show in that game

So you degrade the goalie, who leads the league in the two most recognized categories, just to promote the ... rookie-game?
Didn't know that the league is in such a comfortable position.

Lunatik* 01-08-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoil11 (Post 17222536)
So you degrade the goalie, who leads the league in the two most recognized categories, just to promote the ... rookie-game?
Didn't know that the league is in such a comfortable position.

its the all-star game its already widely recognized as a joke... and will Mason's presence make a difference on ratings for the big game?... no not a chance... however if a guy playing that well cvan get extra exposure playing in a game that he could possibly improve the ratings for can the NHL afford not to have him in the young stars game??... its smarter business to have Mason in the young stars game than the all-star game itself... and how is it degrading? no rookie has made the big game since the inception of the young stars game