HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Solid stay-at-home defender with toughness? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=59221)

tinyzombies 03-06-2004 02:29 PM

Solid stay-at-home defender with toughness?

To replace Quintal? I think this is our biggest need.

At guy in the Klemm mold would be ideal of course. Gauthier or Warrener maybe? Rick Berry? Murray Baron? Karpovtsev's best days are probably behind him. Aaron Ward? Sean Hill is probably too expensive.

Quintal is a +7, I know, and his hands and vision are much more reliable than Komisarek right now, but he is very scary out there. I don't know where those numbers come from but he has cost us several games and is atrocious on the PK.

Mooch 03-06-2004 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
To replace Quintal? I think this is our biggest need.

At guy in the Klemm mold would be ideal of course. Gauthier or Warrener maybe? Rick Berry? Murray Baron? Karpovtsev's best days are probably behind him. Aaron Ward? Sean Hill is probably too expensive.

Quintal is a +7, I know, and his hands and vision are much more reliable than Komisarek right now, but he is very scary out there. I don't know where those numbers come from but he has cost us several games and is atrocious on the PK.

I agree. Witt would be a dream, but would cost a bit much.

Anways your right, Quintal like Juneau is gettin old and would be better as a 7th D.

Perez 03-06-2004 02:35 PM

Anaheims got some nice DD. Dmen like Salei, Vish and Carney would be very interesting. They're not making the play-offs imo so maybe they would moove one.

Salei would be my fav. I think he's in his late 20s. He plays with alot of gritt, always bodychecking. +He's friends with Kastsytsin, so maybe next year or in 2 years when AK makes the team he'll already know somebody.

Traitor8 03-06-2004 02:37 PM

if we bring someone in now..he better be a rental since then we still won't have space for Komisarek next year..and that is getting very very annoying!

Perez 03-06-2004 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
if we bring someone in now..he better be a rental since then we still won't have space for Komisarek next year..and that is getting very very annoying!

Don't worry about that. Next year Quintal if he still he's here should have less a time and Komi would or should take his place if he's ready...

Team_Spirit 03-06-2004 02:42 PM

Quote:

agreed , a rental ( at a very low price ) or nothing .

tinyzombies 03-06-2004 02:42 PM

Quote:

There is no rush for Komisarek. We can't play him every day if he's not ready, and he's clearly not close to being ready. Probably should have stayed in the AHL this year from the looks of him.

I'm praying for a Brisebois buyout though. In that context, Salei would make sense. They said they wouldn't move Carney, but now that Eisner is not CEO of Disney anymore, the management group at Disney that ousted him will probably want to sell that team and/or pick it apart. Could be some huge moves out of Anaheim over the next couple days.

Perez 03-06-2004 02:54 PM

Here's a trade proposal centering Salei ( just for fun )

to Ana: Hossa, Korneev and a 2nd rounder for 2005
to Mtl : Salei and 4th rounder for 2005

Habs wouldn't give any of there top prospect. Hossa doesn't seem to be doing anything here so he could be mooved. I like alot Korneev but he's expandable with player like Markov and Hainsey. The second rounder is a valuable asset but makes the trade more valuable for the ducks.

Ducks would get a project in Hossa. He's shown potenciel but a change of scenery could help him and it gives them a big winger. They could use a prospect like Korneev, he's got leadership ( captain of russia this year at WJ) and some offensive abilities. They get a pickthat should be around the 45 and 50 overall for 2005.

Bill McNeal 03-06-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perez
Here's a trade proposal centering Salei ( just for fun )

to Ana: Hossa, Korneev and a 2nd rounder for 2005
to Mtl : Salei and 4th rounder for 2005

Habs wouldn't give any of there top prospect. Hossa doesn't seem to be doing anything here so he could be mooved. I like alot Korneev but he's expandable with player like Markov and Hainsey. The second rounder is a valuable asset but makes the trade more valuable for the ducks.

Ducks would get a project in Hossa. He's shown potenciel but a change of scenery could help him and it gives them a big winger. They could use a prospect like Korneev, he's got leadership ( captain of russia this year at WJ) and some offensive abilities. They get a pickthat should be around the 45 and 50 overall for 2005.

I wouldn't do this trade. I'm not high on Hossa, although I think he can still make the big league if he gets his act together (must note he has been improving in Hamilton). I like Korneev. Captain for Russia at the juniors, as well as solid D skills. Leadership will be very important for us by the time he's ready. And the 2005 draft is quite deep, so I hear, so I'd be hesitant to give up that second rounder. I just don't think we need somebody like Salei that much.

Habber 03-06-2004 03:00 PM

I think we definately need another defenceman, whether it's to replace someone or just somebody to fill the 7th defenceman role. If someone got hurt we'd be screwed for the playoffs. Komi clearly isn't ready right now and Dykhuis just plain sucks.

I'd love to see Gauthier or Witt, but there are many other guys that can fill the role.

Perez 03-06-2004 03:03 PM

Ok I see what you meen. I personaly would love to see Salei with the habs. Imo he's alot like Ulanov but overall better in alot of ways. But it's true habs dont need a player like Salei that much like you said.

habitants9_4 03-06-2004 03:05 PM

poti for hainsey
witt for hainsey
hill for hossa

Poti, Markov, Souray, Briesbois would be respectable. Hopefully Komisarek becomes a star in the playoffs.

habitants9_4 03-06-2004 03:07 PM

poti for hainsey
witt for hainsey
hill for hossa

Poti, Markov, Souray, Briesbois would be respectable. Hopefully Komisarek becomes a star in the playoffs. I

habitants9_4 03-06-2004 03:08 PM

poti for hainsey
witt for hainsey
hill for hossa

Poti, Markov, Souray, Briesbois would be respectable. Hopefully Komisarek becomes a star in the playoffs. I can also

Traitor8 03-06-2004 03:11 PM

What about we just keep Hainsey and we go with what we have....I hope that they really give Hainsey a chance..he was very good and they still sent him down..

zednik 20 fan 03-06-2004 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
poti for hainsey
witt for hainsey
hill for hossa

Poti, Markov, Souray, Briesbois would be respectable. Hopefully Komisarek becomes a star in the playoffs. I

I will do it in a sec for those trades..!!
If komi steps up, our defense crops will be much stronger. Quintal and Rivet are too slow. Can't wait for Souray be back

Traitor8 03-06-2004 03:20 PM

I wouldn't do any of those deals...Hainsey will be very good and I wouldn't want him in our conference if he were to be traded.

Perez 03-06-2004 03:21 PM

Quote:

poti for hainsey
witt for hainsey
hill for hossa

I wouldn't want the habs to acquire Poti even less if the price to pay is Hainsey.

Witt would be nice but I don't think that the caps would be interested in Hainsey, they already have Morrison and Eminger that are almost idnetical to him + they've got other dmen like Cutta and Yonkman and all are ready to step up to the nhl. I jsut don't see them having so many young dmen at the same time.

I'm not a big fan of Hill but anyways he'll probably refuse to be traded to the habs..

habitue* 03-06-2004 03:40 PM

Quote:

What about we just keep Hainsey and we go with what we have....I hope that they really give Hainsey a chance..he was very good and they still sent him down..

That guy - hainsey - just seem to be hard headed. He just does not understand what it REALLY takes to be in the NHL. Or he just want to be traded by the Habs and play in the USA, his home country.

Tuggy 03-06-2004 03:41 PM

Quote:

poti for hainsey
witt for hainsey
hill for hossa

Poti, Markov, Souray, Briesbois would be respectable. Hopefully Komisarek becomes a star in the playoffs. I can also

I wouldn't go near Poti but I like the other two.

habitue* 03-06-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
I wouldn't go near Poti but I like the other two.

What about Malakhov ? He can play either side and we won't be stuck with him for too long.

Perez 03-06-2004 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitué
What about Malakhov ? He can play either side and we won't be stuck with him for too long.

I seriously doubt it. He didn't leave in great turms with the media, the fans and the orgnisation. Not that he's hated by all but from the historic of both sides I doubt he'll come back. ;)

Dutchy 03-06-2004 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perez
I seriously doubt it. He didn't leave in great turms with the media, the fans and the orgnisation. Not that he's hated by all but from the historic of both sides I doubt he'll come back. ;)

Would BG would give a rat's ass about that old story if Vlad would step up and help the Habs?

Perez 03-06-2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
Would BG would give a rat's ass about that old story if Vlad would step up and help the Habs?

C'mon! bringing Malakhov back right now would be a distraction for the team, with what appened the last time he was here . BG wouldn't want that, look at the players he gets they're all oriented in one direction and Malakhow even if he's still has great ptoenciel isn't a BG kinda player.

#44_delivers 03-06-2004 04:06 PM

malakhov would not help this team in anyways what so ever.
only a solid crease clearing one would do us good!