HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Minnesota still not done probably...(Speculation) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=59242)

thestonedkoala 03-06-2004 03:40 PM

Minnesota still not done probably...(Speculation)

We still have some more 'dead weight' floating around on our lines and I wouldn't be surprised to see:

Antti Laaksonen
Richard Park
Manny Fernandez
Brad Brown

and either

Jason Wiemer
Or
Andrew Brunette

wearing different uniforms by Wednesday. Anyone want these guys? I know Wiems and Brunette might attract attention but Wiems is more likely staying than Bruno, simply because of that damn clause on the waiver sheet. God, if we get anymore picks for some of these guys (Brown, Fernandez, Bruno or Wiems) I'm going to scream and break another desk.

andora 03-06-2004 04:25 PM

3rd from the avs for brunette :D

Mr.Sinister 03-06-2004 04:53 PM

Manny Fernandez is a Leaf for sure, for a pick, thats my guess.

Pinto 03-06-2004 05:14 PM

I'd be very interested in Andrew Brunette

thestonedkoala 03-06-2004 05:47 PM

You be quiet Andora!

Brunette + Fernandez to the Leafs?

Pinto 03-06-2004 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
You be quiet Andora!

Brunette + Fernandez to the Leafs?

if that happened

pinto = VERY happy Leaf fan

What kind of deal do u have in mind?

andora 03-06-2004 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinto
if that happened

pinto = VERY happy Leaf fan

What kind of deal do u have in mind?

agreed, another leaf fan would be happy with that deal, i'd love brunette/tucker/nolan.. mmmmm... :)

only picks and prospects though imo, unless .. wade belak interests you :p

Pinto 03-06-2004 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora
agreed, another leaf fan would be happy with that deal, i'd love brunette/tucker/nolan.. mmmmm... :)

only picks and prospects though imo, unless .. wade belak interests you :p

Brunette/Tucker/Nolan would be a killer line

and who wouldnt want the ultimate 2 way threat such as Belak ;)

GoGoHuselius 03-06-2004 06:01 PM

i like Laaksonen a lot. you can never have enough PK guys in playoff time. would teams like Colorado, Detroit, etc be interested in him?

mmk786 03-06-2004 06:03 PM

I am sure fernandez by himself is worth a decent prospect

Bookman 03-06-2004 06:05 PM

If the Wild got less than a first from a contender, i.e., a low first, for Brunette, I'd personally wring DR's neck :D . He's only been the Wild's top scorer 2 of his 3 seasons here, plus one of our core vets. I'm sure a lot of you would think that overpaying, but Bruno, with offensively gifted teammates, could easily bag 60+ points a season. He's a monster to get off the puck, and he has good hands. I'm hoping the Wild keep him.

thestonedkoala 03-06-2004 06:14 PM

I'm with ya Bookman.

I'd say Bell again and another prospect for Brunette + Fernandez

ehc73 03-06-2004 07:09 PM

How many more picks will the Wild pick up? And how many more dents will TSK put into his desk? :joker:

andora 03-06-2004 09:00 PM

as steady a player as brunette is, in draft pick comparison, a first round pick is utterly rediculous to expect.. it's almost insane

Bookman 03-07-2004 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora
as steady a player as brunette is, in draft pick comparison, a first round pick is utterly rediculous to expect.. it's almost insane

Insane? Maybe ;)

Still, how many late first rounders develop into as good a player as Brunette is now? Sure, many will, but it's still a crapshoot, and if you have a chance to win now, which is likely to be more important to you, a chance at a reasonably good player in the future, or a guy who can park himself behind the net and wreak havoc on the power play?

Andora, my point is that I'd feel like the Wild got hosed if they got anything less. That's my reflection on what Brunette means to this team.

DW 03-07-2004 11:13 AM

I would have to agree. His value to this team is much higher then what we'll get on the trade market. It's too bad his skating is as bad as it looks.

thestonedkoala 03-07-2004 03:05 PM

Well I'm pissed that Zholi got only a 4th...So Bruno getting a 2nd or 3rd isn't out of reach...This is why GMs shouldn't be PRESIDENTS EITHER!

Bookman 03-07-2004 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Well I'm pissed that Zholi got only a 4th...So Bruno getting a 2nd or 3rd isn't out of reach...This is why GMs shouldn't be PRESIDENTS EITHER!

My read on that deal is that Zholtok was the 3rd, especially given the horrible season Bomber is having. Minor point ....

The Hamburglar 03-08-2004 12:54 AM

With Sauve getting rocked tonight, I'm guessing the Avs acquire Fernandez.

If they really want to start Aeby in the playoffs, they won't get Kolzig because that will suck out all of Aeby's confidence. It would be a stupid move by the Avs and Lacroix is smart enough not to do it I think. Fernandez can hold his own if need be in a playoff game (Lacroix knows first hand) so this would seem like a logical acquistion.

Bookman 03-08-2004 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSG
With Sauve getting rocked tonight, I'm guessing the Avs acquire Fernandez.

Well, they saw first hand what kind of playoff goalie he can be last year. :yo:

firstroundbust 03-08-2004 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookman
Well, they saw first hand what kind of playoff goalie he can be last year. :yo:

while they're at it, they should take park too

they saw what he can do, especially what he did to them in game 6 last year :teach: