HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: "So Much (Scoring) Funk We All Get Seconds!" - 1/8/09 - Nashville vs. Pittsburgh (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=592493)

worstfaceoffmanever 01-08-2009 08:20 AM

"So Much (Scoring) Funk We All Get Seconds!" - 1/8/09 - Nashville vs. Pittsburgh

:nashville vs. http://www.granitegrok.com/pix/The%20Penguin.jpg

@

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/xm_sommet_center.jpg

No previous meetings.

Nashville (17-19-3, 37pts, 4th Central, 14th West)

About Nashville:
Last Game: Colorado 2 @ Nashville 1
Last Ten Games: 3-7-0
Home Record: 10-7-1
OT/Shootout Record: 5-3
Goals For: 94
Goals Against: 114
Power Play: 12.8%, 28th
Home Power Play: 12.8%, 25th
Penalty Kill: 83.4%, 8th
Home Penalty Kill: 86.4%, 4th

Goals: Jason Arnott, 15
Assists: Jean-Pierre Dumont, 25
Power Play Goals: Arnott, 5
Power Play Scoring: Dumont
Short Handed Goals: Five Tied at 1
Short Handed Scoring: Scott Nichol, 3 (0g+3a)
Shots: Weber, 125
Shooting Percentage: Ryan Jones, 16.7%
Plus-Minus: Weber, +8
Penalty Minutes: Jordin Tootoo, 72
Hits: Weber, 86
Blocked Shots: Greg Zanon, 111
Giveaways: Dumont, 27
Takeaways: Dan Hamhuis, 30
Turnover Differential: Joel Ward, +19
Faceoffs Won: Arnott, 268-241
Faceoff Percentage: Radek Bonk, 62.8%
Time On Ice: Weber, 24:43
Wins: Dan Ellis, 10-14-3
Minutes Played: Ellis, 1571
Goals Against Average: Pekka Rinne, 2.44
Save Percentage: Rinne, .911
Shutouts: Rinne, 3

Nashville Fun Fact: Pending

Nashville Player to Watch: Pending

Nashville Reason to Worry: Pending

Nashville Injury Report
Scott Nichol (Concussion, Out)
Steve Sullivan, (Back, Out)

Nashville Projected Lineup
Santorelli-Arnott-Erat
Jones-Legwand-Dumont
Fiddler-Bonk-Ward/Tootoo
Smithson-Peverley-Belak

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Zanon
De Vries-Klein

Rinne

Pittsburgh Penguins (20-17-4, 44pts, 4th Atlantic, 9th East)

About Pittsburgh:
Last Game:
Last Ten Games: 3-7-0
Away Record: 11-8-2
OT/Shootout Record: 7-4
Goals For: 124
Goals Against: 125
Power Play: 17.0%, 19th
Away Power Play: 13.1%, 27th
Penalty Kill: 80.3%, 21st
Away Penalty Kill: 78.1%, 21st

Pittsburgh Team Leaders
Goals: Sidney Crosby, 16
Assists: Evgeni Malkin, 48
Power Play Goals: Petr Sykora, 10
Power Play Scoring: Malkin, 22 (4g+18a)
Short Handed Goals: Malkin, 2
Short Handed Scoring: Malkin, 2 (2g+0a)
Shots: Malkin, 142
Shooting Percentage: Sykora, 16.3%
Plus-Minus: Malkin, +18
Penalty Minutes: Eric Godard, 106
Hits: Brooks Orpik, 151
Blocked Shots: Rob Scuderi, 102
Giveaways: Malkin, 42
Takeaways: Malkin, 42
Turnover Differential: Scuderi/Hal Gill, +7
Faceoffs Won: Crosby, 419-428
Faceoff Percentage: Maxime Talbot, 55.4%
Time On Ice: Ryan Whitney, 24:49
Wins: Marc-Andre Fleury, 12-9-2
Minutes Played: Fleury, 1395
Goals Against Average: Dan Sabourin, 2.72
Save Percentage: Fleury, .905
Shutouts: Fleury, 1

Pittsburgh Fun Fact: Pending

Pittsburgh Player to Watch: Petr Sykora has 7 goals and 15 points in 20 games all-time against Nashville, as well as three goals in his last six games.

Pittsburgh Reason to Worry: Evgeni Malkin carries a 9 game goal-scoring drought into tonight's game which has shown no signs of slowing down.

Pittsburgh Injury Report
Mike Zigomanis (Undisclosed, Out)
Sergei Gonchar (Shoulder, Out)

Pittsburgh Projected Lineup
Dupuis-Crosby-Kennedy
Fedotenko-Malkin-Sykora
Cooke-Staal-Talbot
Satan-Jeffrey-Godard

Whitney-Orpik
Letang-Scuderi
Eaton-Gill

Fleury

jstreet 01-08-2009 09:35 AM

I remember the last time that the Pens came to town, we got a huge lead and then started screwing around and almost let them come back.

Seth Lake 01-08-2009 10:56 AM

So, WFOME you're expecting Santorelli - the center - to be suddenly placed on the first line wing tonight? I'm personally thinking he'll see some time at wing, but will start as the second line center with Legwand bumped down a peg.

SCUDeriMISSILE 01-08-2009 02:50 PM

Out lineup has changed considerably with Feds and Dupuis being hurt.

Kennedy-Crosby-Staal
Satan-Malkin-Sykora
Cooke-Talbot-Goligoski (yikes)
Wallace-Jeffrey-Godard

I'm preparing the GDT over in the Pens forums, I'd like it if you could come over and make sure my info about the Preds is right.

Good luck tonight!

utmfisher19 01-08-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCUDeriMISSILE (Post 17221587)
Out lineup has changed considerably with Feds and Dupuis being hurt.

Kennedy-Crosby-Staal
Satan-Malkin-Sykora
Cooke-Talbot-Goligoski (yikes)
Wallace-Jeffrey-Godard

I'm preparing the GDT over in the Pens forums, I'd like it if you could come over and make sure my info about the Preds is right.

Good luck tonight!

well your guess on our lines are as good as ours are. We had the same lines for about a month and they did not do squat. We since have had Nichol hurt and called up Jones and Santorelli.

So good luck on guessing our lines.

My guess would look more like this:

Fiddler - Arnott - Erat
Dumont - Legwand - Jones
Ward - Santorelli - Tootoo/Pihlstrom
Smithson - Bonk - Belak

scratched: Peverly, Tootoo/Pihlstrom

Nitrous Mafia 01-08-2009 08:10 PM

that Arnott montage was THE ****.

Enoch 01-08-2009 08:40 PM

Ridiculously bad giveaway in front of the net leads to an easy goal on what was probably the second shot of the period for the Pens (oh and it came at the 15 minute mark)............*sigh*

Paincakes 01-08-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bburton86 (Post 17228211)
that Arnott montage was THE ****.

Yeah that track from the Dark Knight soundtrack ****ing rules.

Enoch 01-08-2009 09:15 PM

A hard clear by Suter directly into Arnott and promptly into the back of the net....Unbelievable....

Edit: Trotz inexplicably changes goalies, and a quick cross ice goal is given up.....

SpItFiReZ 01-08-2009 10:36 PM

Did Ellis get pulled or injured?

Joe T Choker 01-08-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ (Post 17233706)
Did Ellis get pulled or injured?

pulled

Paincakes 01-08-2009 10:46 PM

What is it with this station and its horrible audio?

braindead 01-08-2009 10:49 PM

Wow. If we get the number of good bounces in the next 15 games needed to even out the bad ones in the last 15, this will be the game that we point to that changed the season.

Enoch 01-08-2009 10:57 PM

The first time in about two months that we have scored more than 3 goals.......Ironically, it was about two months ago that we sent down both Jones and Hornqvist.....

Hmmmmmmmmm

braindead 01-08-2009 11:08 PM

But we were giving up 6-8 goals a game so cudos to the staff down there-- they improved Jones' defense by 3-5 per game.;)

Soundgarden 01-08-2009 11:18 PM

Helluva comeback, Ward worked his ass off, shame he missed the open net.

barrytrotzsneck 01-09-2009 12:20 AM

I've been clamoring for Legwand on the wing for two years...it finally happens and he and Erat come alive.

Dumont Santorelli Jones was the best line of the night, however...even if it didn't show on the scoresheet.

I'd like never to see Rich Peverley in another game.

BroadwayRangers13 01-09-2009 01:00 AM

I agree, I thought Santorelli, Dumont and Jones was the best line, they had very little play in their own end and they seemed to generate very good offense even if they didn't bury any. As for Santorelli, I thought he was very impressive he got a little time on the PP and set up a beautiful chance in the slot there and the rebound got denied by Fleury. I wouldnt change a thing going against Chicago on Saturday?

What was everyones thoughts on Santorelli?

Santorelli or Peverley?

Nitrous Mafia 01-09-2009 01:18 AM

ugh....yeah, great win.....but they decide to wake up for an EASTERN CONFERENCE TEAM......gotta do that **** for the western teams

nine_inch_fang 01-09-2009 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck (Post 17236673)
I've been clamoring for Legwand on the wing for two years...it finally happens and he and Erat come alive.

Dumont Santorelli Jones was the best line of the night, however...even if it didn't show on the scoresheet.

I'd like never to see Rich Peverley in another game.

Re Legwand: I couldn't agree more that he needs to be left on the wing and forget about the responsibility of the center position. Yet you know he'll be great "cover" for Arnott who sucks as a defensive center......I like it.

Re scratches: Richy and VK(see reason below) can sit the rest of the year....getting waived or traded would work too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayRangers13 (Post 17237346)
I agree, I thought Santorelli, Dumont and Jones was the best line, they had very little play in their own end and they seemed to generate very good offense even if they didn't bury any. As for Santorelli, I thought he was very impressive he got a little time on the PP and set up a beautiful chance in the slot there and the rebound got denied by Fleury. I wouldnt change a thing going against Chicago on Saturday?

Santorelli or Peverley?

Santorelli was exactly what this team needed, talent on the top two lines pushing Legwand to the wing(as I said above) which makes perfect sense.

The only time Mi. Santorelli's line got pinned in the d-zone is when VK failed to keep a puck in at the blueline resulting in an odd man rush the other way. Sure the puck was bouncing but he played it the same way Zidlicky used to....with his stick(and missed just like Zidlicky used too) instead of his body like Suter, Weber, Hamhuis, Zanon, Klien, DeVries, Sulzer, or Franson(noticing a trend?) would have. Why is it that "offensive" defensemen from Europe don't understand that the most important thing is "keeping the zone" and not making SportCenter?

The Preds were inches from giving up a goal because of his failure to hold the zone.

Trade VK for a single puck just so that we can bring up Sulzer and sit DeVries for the rest of the year please.?.?.?.?
Okay I'm done now

nine_inch_fang 01-09-2009 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindead (Post 17234822)
But we were giving up 6-8 goals a game so cudos to the staff down there-- they improved Jones' defense by 3-5 per game.;)

Sorry not done just yet...didn't notice this post at first. But you are right Milwaukee for several weeks is just what Jones needed.

He needed that time to play the same game as the NHL only at the pace of the AHL. He seems much more aware and at least equal to the game if not a half step ahead. Before he was almost a full step behind.

worstfaceoffmanever 01-09-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayRangers13 (Post 17237346)

He looked great. Like he had been in the show for a couple of years. Very composed, especially as the game progressed. I think playing him with Jones helped make him more comfortable on the ice. Made several really good passes, and had a few more that could have been goals if we actually had people in the slot, like most teams do.

Legwand looked great on Arnott's wing. I like that line. So much so that it makes inserting Sullivan into the lineup that much more difficult.

Legwand-Arnott-Erat
Jones-Santorelli-Dumont
Sullivan-Fiddler/Bonk-Pihlstrom
Tootoo-Bonk/Fiddler-Belak/Ward
Smithson, Ward/Belak

Maybe? I didn't think Smithson and/or Ward played that poorly last night, but I think we need insulation for Sullivan.

Quote:

Santorelli or Peverley?
Santorelli, Santorelli, MIKE FREAKING SANTORELLI. Peverley should be on waivers today.

RollingPredFan 01-09-2009 09:25 AM

I liked what I saw from Santorelli... his passes were sharp, through traffic.

Erat had a good game, you could tell he was frustrated after he scored.

I felt bad for Ellis, I mean to get pulled for the 2 goals that were scored... He was ticked too I read a quote:

Quote:

Dan Ellis - "I think it was stupid. Bottom line. It's the exact same thing as last year. So yeah I was frustrated. Absolutely. I can't stop both teams."
I know why Trotz did it and it worked out, but still.

It's going to be interesting to see what Trotzy does with Sully.

cjerina 01-09-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 17239718)

Santorelli, Santorelli, MIKE FREAKING SANTORELLI. Peverley should be on waivers today.

Funny... Ive always inserted a word also starting with "F" and ending with "king" to describe Rich Peverley myself. :laugh:

predhead1 01-09-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindead (Post 17234168)
Wow. If we get the number of good bounces in the next 15 games needed to even out the bad ones in the last 15, this will be the game that we point to that changed the season.

If the team doesn't take some momentum out of this game and start building on it, kind of like the third period rally against the Red Wings back in 2003-04, we may as well start playing for more ping pong balls.