HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Josh Gorges on NHL.com (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=592700)

Team_Spirit 01-08-2009 04:42 PM

Josh Gorges on NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=4...id=DL|NHL|home

Quote:

"I'm proud of myself because I'm playing as hard as I can every night. Whatever happens, happens. But I can look at myself in the mirror and say I gave it everything I had."
Josh gets more respect around the league! Well deserved.

Discuss.

LesCanadiens 01-08-2009 04:50 PM

He's one of my favorites for sure. Dude just goes and goes. He wins almost all his battles and almost always makes the right play out of our zone.

Add to all that, the fact he doesn't back down from anyone, makes him a steal for Rivet....let alone Pac thrown in :).

Marc the Habs Fan 01-08-2009 04:57 PM

"He's a young player who has been playing very well for us and he stepped in and played with me when Mike Komisarek got hurt," Markov said. "He did a very good job. Normally, he plays with Roman Hamrlik and they are very effective together."

That's like 3 years worth of media comments from Markov.:laugh:

snakeye 01-08-2009 04:57 PM

All do that the fact that he was captain of the Kelowna Rockets, and you have the biggest steal of the decade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 17225223)
"He's a young player who has been playing very well for us and he stepped in and played with me when Mike Komisarek got hurt," Markov said. "He did a very good job. Normally, he plays with Roman Hamrlik and they are very effective together."

:laugh:

Habs 01-08-2009 04:58 PM

Little known fact : Gorges was the captain of the Kelowna Rockets. Not sure if he mentions that in the article, just letting everyone here know.

Lone Rogue 01-08-2009 04:58 PM

No wonder my Leaf buddy just messaged me to ask about Gorges...

Team_Spirit 01-08-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 17225223)

He seem pretty good this year, he's always talking on the ice it's fun to see.

hickles46 01-08-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 17225246)
Little known fact : Gorges was the captain of the Kelowna Rockets. Not sure if he mentions that in the article, just letting everyone here know.

If anyone can confirm this, can they?

Redux91 01-08-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hickles46 (Post 17225502)
If anyone can confirm this, can they?

well, straight FROM the article and didnt know about the undrafted in JUNIOR as well WOW

"He wasn't drafted into juniors and wasn't drafted out of juniors, despite leading his hometown Kelowna Rockets to the 2004 Memorial Cup"

HOW DO YOU DO THAT

"He was asked if it was that drive that led him to a Memorial Cup, the captaincy of the Rockets, the AHL rookie of the year, the 2005 Sharks' Player of the Year, and a silver medal in the 2004 World Juniors. He reacted as if he'd never thought of it that way."

now he was a ahl rookie of the year out of nowhere! WOW

can thank fleury for a silver medal tho... too bad price wasnt there..

HotPie 01-08-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Rogue (Post 17225248)
No wonder my Leaf buddy just messaged me to ask about Gorges...

You have Leaf friends? :shakehead

Living in Ontario must be tough sometimes.

Lone Rogue 01-08-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotPie (Post 17226530)
You have Leaf friends? :shakehead

Living in Ontario must be tough sometimes.

Leaf friends, Wing friends, Avalanche friends, an ex girlfriend who was a Flames fan...

Yup. Windsor, Ontario, Canada baby.

JMMR 01-09-2009 10:52 AM

When we first got him most thought he would be a number 6 or even an AHLer. I always saw promise, he plays a simple game and is a stand up player. He takes hits to get the puck out and defends his teammates till the end.
He is hard on himself and HATES TO LOSE. The fact that we have him next year and the year after for 1.1 million is a joke he is easily one of the most under paid players in the league.

terreur 01-09-2009 11:04 AM

I'M currently falling in love with this guy. He just keeps on getiing better and better.

OldHABit 01-09-2009 12:59 PM

I didn't know that Gorges played for Canada in the 2004 World Juniors.
They won the silver medal that year.

overlords 01-09-2009 10:49 PM

Read on Josh Gorges

Good read on Josh Gorges + some on some useless guy :sarcasm:

No mention that he was a captain :shakehead

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=402837

Thorn 01-09-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

He was asked if it was that drive that led him to a Memorial Cup, the captaincy of the Rockets, the AHL rookie of the year, the 2005 Sharks' Player of the Year, and a silver medal in the 2004 World Juniors. He reacted as if he'd never thought of it that way.
They did mention it!

Jee 01-09-2009 11:25 PM

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=592700

sorry bud.

overlords 01-09-2009 11:29 PM

wow sorry, saw it on nhl.com and figured it was new, my bad.

compile 01-10-2009 01:59 AM

I've liked him since the 1st game he played with the Habs. He's a very solid Dman.

I want to know if it was a Scout that told Gainey to ask for Gorges or was he just thrown in the deal. If it was Timmins and I was a GM from the other 29 teams, i'd offer him big money to come scout.

He is a gem, a Pavel Datsyuk, and I really hope he stays a Hab for his entire career and after. He's made this from a so-so defensive team to a solid one, and was in my honest opinion the best player in the play-offs last year for the Habs.

Here here to Josh "Captian Kelowna" Gorges.

LedZeppelin 01-10-2009 03:27 AM

I have been looking everywhere. Does anyone here know where he played junior hockey?