HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: "Welcome Back, Kot- er- Sully" 1/10/09: Nashville vs. Chicago (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=593498)

worstfaceoffmanever 01-10-2009 02:36 PM

"Welcome Back, Kot- er- Sully" 1/10/09: Nashville vs. Chicago

:nashville vs. :hawks

@

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/xm_sommet_center.jpg

Due to time constraints, this GDT will be kept short and sweet.

Nashville:
Legwand-Arnott-Erat
Jones-Santorelli-Dumont
Pihlstrom-Fiddler-Sullivan
Tootoo-Bonk-Smithson

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Zanon
De Vries-Klein

Rinne

Injuries:
Scott Nichol (Concussion, Out)

Chicago:
Byfuglien-Toews-Versteeg
Eager-Sharp-Kane
Havlat-Bolland-Ladd
Burish-Fraser-Brouwer

Campbell-Keith
Seabrook-Wisniewski
Walker-Johnson

Khabibulin

Injuries:
Brent Sopel (Undisclosed, Out)

Soundgarden 01-10-2009 03:07 PM

Go Sully.

Pachyderm I 01-10-2009 07:44 PM

welcome back sully!

Basher 01-10-2009 07:55 PM

woot! short shifts for sure, just got his first shot on goal...

golfmade 01-10-2009 08:00 PM

For those of us that can't see the game I'd love updates of how Sully is doing.

Woot, Legwand!!

Soundgarden 01-10-2009 08:21 PM

I wonder why nobody thought of putting leggy at wing before?

golfmade 01-10-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundgarden (Post 17270823)
I wonder why nobody thought of putting leggy at wing before?

We're not deep at center... then again with that logic we ain't deep at wing either. :(

Enoch 01-10-2009 08:42 PM

Sully looks good, but he is avoiding contact like the plague (understandably).

thrillhous 01-10-2009 08:47 PM

C'mon Sully! So happy to see him back.

Soundgarden 01-10-2009 09:02 PM

Weber:handclap:

Soundgarden 01-10-2009 09:45 PM

Bonkers? BONKERS? almost as cheesy as may day.

trotzian brow 01-10-2009 09:49 PM

Why can't Bonk do that consistently?

That was an awesome drive to the net.

Jones scratched?!?

cjerina 01-10-2009 09:58 PM

Based on the scrappyness at the end of this game, Im guessing we'll see Belak tomorrow?

Too bad Jones was scratched tonight too.

Nitrous Mafia 01-10-2009 10:02 PM

word

Soundgarden 01-10-2009 10:07 PM

I hope Arny is ok.

Paranoid Android 01-10-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiery Silhouette (Post 17273233)

Jones scratched?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjerina (Post 17273475)
Based on the scrappyness at the end of this game, Im guessing we'll see Belak tomorrow?

Too bad Jones was scratched tonight too.

Jones was partially sick. He took place in warmups, but the coaching staff preferred to let him rest and play someone 100%.

Did anyone see what happened to Arnott? They are saying "lower-body" injury.

worstfaceoffmanever 01-11-2009 01:30 AM

Tootoo notwithstanding, I was very pleased with everyone's play tonight.

Tomorrow's GDT might be a bit late getting up, but I'll get something up tomorrow afternoon, hopefully.

Pachyderm I 01-11-2009 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiery Silhouette (Post 17273233)

Jones scratched?!?

he used to ...

bonk is my fave pred now.. well he, sully and rinne.

RollingPredFan 01-11-2009 10:33 AM

Great game and hope Arnott is ok. A great distraction to take my mind off what CHOKERS the Titans are. lol I'm still ticked off.:laugh:

Even though you can tell Sully is not 100% you can see he still is better than all of our forwards, I hope he can continue and get better as we go along, he'll be a huge factor.

crossxcheck 01-11-2009 12:35 PM

For someone who hadn't played an NHL game in almost 2 years, sully looked pretty good. As someone else said you could tell he was avoiding any contact and/or working the boards and I could also tell the blackhawks players were reluctant to hit him as well. But aside from all of that, you could tell just having him in the lineup fired up the other players. I think his leadership has been truly missed. I hope he can stay healthy and I think once he gets back into the swing of things, the points will come for him.

jstreet 01-11-2009 02:37 PM

why cant these games ever be on tv?

lugnut76 01-11-2009 03:07 PM

I thought Sully looked as good as anyone can after being out for nearly 2 years. He is so good with his stick that he doesn't really need to use his body much to get pucks loose and play in the corners. There were a couple of times where the puck just dribbled off of his stick, but those things will fix themselves over time.

I thought Bonk played great last night. Probably his best game as a Pred and I thought the rest of the grinders did a good job of playing hard in the corners and forechecking. I can't count how many times Philstrom beat a Blackhawk defensement to the puck along the boards or in the corner.

That looked to me like the most complete game the Predators have played this year (didn't see the latest Red Wing game), and I hope they can carry the momentum.

sparkle twin 01-12-2009 01:23 AM

:handclap: Sully!! :handclap:

A nice ovation when he came out for warmups. I was hoping he would start, too. Everyone was watching the bench for Sully to come over the boards. Fiddler I think came over first before the whistle then Sully came out and everyone started cheering. It was nice of the Hawks on the ice and the refs kind of take a few extra seconds getting set up for the FO to let the crowd welcome back Sully.

He looked nervous at first and a little reluctant to shoot but as the game went on he got more confident and took more chances. That mini break in the second, he made a move around 1 or 2 forwards then split the dmen, he started to look like his old self. If he could have got a shot off and scored, the roof would have come off. I was a little surprised to see Sullivan on the PK, but he looked good, he even went out to block a shot.

Legwand has been playing great the last few games. And a great move by Bonk. He made that same move earlier in the game, too. Rinne had some big saves. Everyone played great. Pihlstrom wasn't credited with any takeaways, but he totally came from behind a Hawk and stripped the puck away while the guy was trying to enter the zone and took it the other way.

I'm happy that Jones was sick and that's why he was scratched.

Rinne should have had a shutout, that Chicago goal was a total fluke.