HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   PGT: Payback for the last game; Habs break Caps hearts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=593644)

Marc the Habs Fan 01-10-2009 09:48 PM

PGT: Payback for the last game; Habs break Caps hearts

WOW.

This team is unreal right now.

- TWO PP GOALS IN THREE STRAIGHT GAMES?! I can't believe it.

- Plekanec was great tonight, right from the start it was evident.

- Max Pac...oh my god. I haven't seen a young forward play this well in MTL since Koivu. I am trying not to get too excited because of what happened to D'Agostini but still, Max Pac is for real.

- Lang is clutch.

- Ottawa is absolutely awful. Just awful.

- Congrats Carbo on the ASG participation!

- 22 goals in 4 games. Holy ****. The poultry industry must be smilling ear to ear as la cage has to load up on chicken wings! :naughty:

- Just a great night of hockey. That Caps team is for real and for my money, every bit the threat Boston is. You spend the whole game holding your breath when you face that team.

- The Kosty bros together just works.

- Halak is the definition of finding ways to win right now...or winning ugly. So many scary rebounds...

- We're on pace for 50 wins! :)

mitchmagic 01-10-2009 09:48 PM

Yay I can finally look forward to the powerplay again! I'm still not getting my hopes up though.

Entertaining game. GO HABS GO!

Mitch

Lone Rogue 01-10-2009 09:49 PM

Carbo is the assistant coach at the ASG to Charlie Brown.

Born in 1909 01-10-2009 09:50 PM

The Habs beat the Caps :handclap::handclap:

The slumps are OVER... all forward lines can SCORE BIG goals

Habs are now looking like contenders
:yo::yo::yo:

Pascal 01-10-2009 09:50 PM

I bet the Caps fans are pissed off at that 5 on 3 call in the 3rd.. but for once it's not us so... :handclap:

zx81 01-10-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Rogue (Post 17271722)
Carbo is the assistant coach at the ASG to Charlie Brown.

That's something.
Ex Habs coach and the one who replaced him.

VAN-HAB 01-10-2009 09:51 PM

Sergei
Pleks
:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Breezy
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo

Watsatheo 01-10-2009 09:51 PM

Epic game. I'm still high on the adrenaline.

dfk711* 01-10-2009 09:52 PM

I think Dags will be the happiest player when Koivu comes back

zx81 01-10-2009 09:53 PM

Pleks was flying tonight.
He's playing better since MaxPac plays on his line.
Surely not a coincidence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfk711 (Post 17271827)

hmmmm
Not sure about that.
With Higgins and Koivu returning soon Dags may be the one who will be sent down.

MastaK 01-10-2009 09:54 PM

I think Pacioretty will stay for the whole season. He still has alot to learn, but right now he's NHL caliber and he's a big body, we need someone like him.

Whitesnake 01-10-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 17271700)
Max Pac...oh my god. I haven't seen a young forward play this well in MTL since Koivu. I am trying not to get too excited because of what happened to D'Agostini but still, Max Pac is for real.

Totally agree. As far as D'Ago goes, he's playing better but clearly he's not at ease in a 4th line role with 4th liners. He would look better in a 3rd line and probably better in a top 6 role....but then we're beginning to have 12 guys who should be in a top 6 role....

Sure D'Ago is not a goal a game guy like he was at the beginning but to me he's not a 0 goal a game guy like he is right now. But Chipchura and Bégin? Forget it. You better call up Glumac if you're going to pair him with those guys.

Nedved 01-10-2009 09:54 PM

lol. what happens when people get healthy??? who do you take out. this kids all deserve to be out there right now, there playing great hockey.

Galchenyum 01-10-2009 09:55 PM

Another 5 goal game! :amazed:

Seriously, the offense is just sick right now, and everybody is contributing. Awesome.

Congrats to Carbo also!

JGRB 01-10-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx81 (Post 17271846)
Pleks was flying tonight.
He's playing better since MaxPac plays on his line.
Surely not a coincidence.

Patches compliments Kovy & Plekanec well because he does the dirty work, simple as that.

Marc the Habs Fan 01-10-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I really hope Carbo puts them back together. D'Ago just hasn't been the same since Saku went down.

As for Max Pac, right now, I say let's just take it day-by-day. If he keeps it up over the next few weeks, then great. But I still think he could probably use some more AHL seasoning, he still never really developed that scoring touch down there until just before his call up.

VAN-HAB 01-10-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfanwuc (Post 17271888)
lol. what happens when people get healthy??? who do you take out. this kids all deserve to be out there right now, there playing great hockey.

Koivu and Price in

the rest can wait, their replacements are better.

Prospector 01-10-2009 09:56 PM

To everybody who say that Lapierre was pulling a Nolan and pointing the goalie during a rush in the 3rd period... He was in fact pointing the defenseman in front of him because he came early on the ice during a change and it should have been a penalty for too many men on the ice.

la25ecoupe 01-10-2009 09:56 PM

Should we keep this line up til the playoff? :)

Rayne* 01-10-2009 09:56 PM

And remember, this is all with 1 whole scoring line and our franchise goalie still on the shelf. :yo:

Spectaculard 01-10-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

He was telling Latengraisse to got to the net
Could be, but how often do you see a player carrying the puck into the o-zone with a few secs left and telling another player what to do at the same time?

Born in 1909 01-10-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

absolutely :laugh:

Spectaculard 01-10-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prospector (Post 17271934)
To everybody who say that Lapierre was pulling a Nolan and pointing the goalie during a rush in tje 3rd period... He was in fact pointing the defenseman in front of him because he came early on the ice during a change and it should have been a penalty for too many men on the ice.

Could be that too. I need to watch it again.

dfk711* 01-10-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 17271914)
Yeah, I really hope Carbo puts them back together. D'Ago just hasn't been the same since Saku went down.

I think Koivu will get him going again

HotHabsFan* 01-10-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 17271700)
WOW.

This team is unreal right now.

- TWO PP GOALS IN THREE STRAIGHT GAMES?! I can't believe it.

- Plekanec was great tonight, right from the start it was evident.

- Max Pac...oh my god. I haven't seen a young forward play this well in MTL since Koivu. I am trying not to get too excited because of what happened to D'Agostini but still, Max Pac is for real.

- Lang is clutch.

- Ottawa is absolutely awful. Just awful.

- Congrats Carbo on the ASG participation!

- 23 goals in 4 games. Holy ****. The poultry industry must be smilling ear to ear as la cage has to load up on chicken wings! :naughty:

- Just a great night of hockey. That Caps team is for real and for my money, every bit the threat Boston is. You spend the whole game holding your breath when you face that team.

- The Kosty bros together just works.

- Halak is the definition of finding ways to win right now...or winning ugly. So many scary rebounds...

fixed..;)