HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Three Solid Minnesota Trade Proposals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=59388)

MoS* 03-07-2004 02:23 AM

Three Solid Minnesota Trade Proposals
 
#1.) Calgary needs more scoring up front while they have a great bunch of defensemen prospects and two solid goaltending prospects. Minnesota is rebuilding and brunnette is a bonafide playmaker who has been getting 50-69 points on expansion level teams.

TO CALGARY:
Andrew Brunette and a 4th rounder
TO MINNESOTA:
Mike Commodore and Andrei Medvedev


#2.) Toronto needs a backup goalie while Minnesota has Fernandez packaged and ready to be shipped.

TO TORONTO:
Manny Fernandez and Brad Brown
TO MINNESOTA:
Karel Pilar


#3.) San Jose needs a solid two-way Winger with Sturm going down and because he may return next year, a player shouldn't be too expensive, if acquired. Laaksonen is great defensively and 4th in team scoring and a surebet 30 point scorer, can be had for cheap.

TO SAN JOSE:
Antti Laaksonen
TO MINNESOTA:
3rd rounder and conditional 7th if the Sharks make it past the 1st round

corbanSOG 03-07-2004 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoS
#3.) San Jose needs a solid two-way Winger with Sturm going down and because he may return next year, a player shouldn't be too expensive, if acquired. Laaksonen is great defensively and 4th in team scoring and a surebet 30 point scorer, can be had for cheap.

TO SAN JOSE:
Antti Laaksonen
TO MINNESOTA:
3rd rounder and conditional 7th if the Sharks make it past the 1st round

good proposal, but i think the sharks are looking for someone who can contribute more offensively. even before sturm went down they were a team that lacked offensive punch. now with their 2nd leading scorer gone they need it even more.

MoS* 03-07-2004 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corbanSOG
good proposal, but i think the sharks are looking for someone who can contribute more offensively. even before sturm went down they were a team that lacked offensive punch. now with their 2nd leading scorer gone they need it even more.

laaksonen is a cheap replacement tho. at a 3rd, other scorers would not be able to be afforded. even at 24 points, laaksonen would be 8th on san jose in terms of scoring for their forwards

Ozy_Flame 03-07-2004 02:45 AM

I like the idea of getting Brunette; addresses some offense issues and rounds out our forward corps. I'm just not sold on giving up Medvedev, who might turn into a gem with his recent play.

leafaholix* 03-07-2004 02:51 AM

I'd much rather have Martin Gerber then Manny Fernandez.

I'm sure Pilar could fetch Gerber.

MoS* 03-07-2004 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
I'd much rather have Martin Gerber then Manny Fernandez.

I'm sure Pilar could fetch Gerber.

no he couldn't. pilar is probably the most underrated leaf around and someone i'd like to have but he won't fetch you gerber in your wet dreams

McDonald19 03-07-2004 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
I'd much rather have Martin Gerber then Manny Fernandez.

I'm sure Pilar could fetch Gerber.

send us Bell instead

Joey24 03-07-2004 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
I'd much rather have Martin Gerber then Manny Fernandez.

I'm sure Pilar could fetch Gerber.

Nothing wrong with Manny Fernandez.. He's an upgrade over any backup Toronto has now. And has the ability to get extreamly hot if Belfour gets hurt. I personally don't like Gerber.

Joey24 03-07-2004 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
I'd much rather have Martin Gerber then Manny Fernandez.

I'm sure Pilar could fetch Gerber.

What is Gerber making compared to Manny?

GKJ 03-07-2004 09:54 AM

First thing is first, Brunette won't be traded.

Second, Minnesota won't be the team adding picks in that deak

Lastly, Medvedev would get buried on the Wild because there is 2 guys ahead of him, not including Dwayne Roloson.

Surly Furious 03-07-2004 11:38 AM

As a Wild fan, only your 3rd proposal would interest me.

Pinto 03-07-2004 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey24
What is Gerber making compared to Manny?

Gerber- $500,000
Fernandez- $2,200,000

I'd still rather have Fernandez

DW 03-07-2004 12:19 PM

I'd take the deals behind doors #2 and #3. I'm not sure the 1st one is what we need. Certainly, Commodore would be an upgrade but not the goalie prospect.

Snugglepuss 03-07-2004 12:23 PM

I would do that deal for Fernandez, but I'd rather have Gerber.

thestonedkoala 03-07-2004 04:04 PM

1) I like Commodore personally and he is buried behind some good defensive prospects, the problem I have is getting another goalie. We need to be trading a goalie since we have Holmqvist, Kettles, Cloutier, Harding, and Brust all in the minors...

2) Pilar? Give us Bell and a minor pick (7th or 8th) and we'll call it even.

3) Fine by me Laakso needs to go!

kruezer 03-07-2004 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
1) I like Commodore personally and he is buried behind some good defensive prospects, the problem I have is getting another goalie. We need to be trading a goalie since we have Holmqvist, Kettles, Cloutier, Harding, and Brust all in the minors...

2) Pilar? Give us Bell and a minor pick (7th or 8th) and we'll call it even.

3) Fine by me Laakso needs to go!

I wouldn't mind Brunette at all really, even just for the playoff run, I just don't quite trust Kobasew yet though he's been better lately.

Maybe Commodore and a pick? Or Commodore and a forward prospect?

thestonedkoala 03-07-2004 04:21 PM

Probably Commodore and a forward prospect. Brunette is actually a 60 point player, he was when he saw a ton of ice time with Minnesota and his time has diminished but he is a good player and a good leader.

MoS* 03-07-2004 05:08 PM

i personally am not the biggest fan of gaborik. he's the kind of player who has great vision, excellent speed and quickness, a nice shot and good defense and the sort of player who can come through in the clutch during the playoffs but i seroiusly don't think he will ever surpass 80 points but will still remian a consistent 70 point player. with that being said, i wouldn't mind if risenborough trades him for a solid defenseman like brad stuart since the sharks have depth at d or phaneuf and someone from calgary

kruezer 03-07-2004 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Probably Commodore and a forward prospect. Brunette is actually a 60 point player, he was when he saw a ton of ice time with Minnesota and his time has diminished but he is a good player and a good leader.

If I were Sutter, I might do that, though today it sure doesn't look like they need any goal scoring help.

firstroundbust 03-07-2004 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
If I were Sutter, I might do that, though today it sure doesn't look like they need any goal scoring help.


true, they thumped the Avs 7-1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.