HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News Article: Blueshirts, Zherdev Talk New Contract (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=594572)

RangerBoy 01-13-2009 05:54 AM

Blueshirts, Zherdev Talk New Contract

Quote:

The Rangers and the agent for Nikolai Zherdev are in the preliminary stages of negotiations aimed at extending the talented 24-year-old winger's contract and thus preventing him from reaching the Group II free-agent market, The Post has learned.

"This is where I want to be," Zherdev told The Post yesterday. "I don't want to play in Russia next year. I want to stay here and play in the NHL, in New York, with the Rangers.

"I'm very happy here. I like the team. I like the guys. I like living here. Everything is good."

Rolland Hedges, who represents Zherdev, told The Post that Rangers management has reached out to him. Zherdev is in the final season of the three-year, $7.5M contract he signed with Columbus prior to 2006-07.

"Nikky really likes New York," Hedges said. "It would be our preference to get something done so that he can be a Ranger for a long time
."
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01132009...act_149935.htm

Zherdev does speak to the media:)

Speedtrials 01-13-2009 06:12 AM

Usually getting up for work on Tuesday morning is rough. However, this story gives me a great start to my day. Nikky wants to be here, so get it done Glen!

Ih8theislanders 01-13-2009 06:24 AM

Great great news

LetsGoBlueshirts 01-13-2009 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedtrials (Post 17312368)
Usually getting up for work on Tuesday morning is rough. However, this story gives me a great start to my day. Nikky wants to be here, so get it done Glen!

my thoughts exactly... I wanted to jump up from my desk! :handclap: :yo:

FromTheSide 01-13-2009 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 17312334)

Ok at first i thought i read 7.3 for 3 years i was about to say...haha

need some coffee. :shakehead

Banks3rdLineCenter 01-13-2009 06:59 AM

Yes! :handclap::handclap:

BBKers 01-13-2009 07:07 AM

3,8-4,8 for 3-4 years would be sweet with regards to our other deals. One can always hope, although this puts us in the *hitter cap wise soon...
But maybe Korpedo, AA, Grachev and Dawes step up 2009/2010 to a reasonable price and it could work.
Also - Dubinsky will probably now get a shorter contract proposal without receiving a major big bucks payoff - this due to his sophomore blues season, which is probably good in the long run and by cap restrictions. If he produces well, he can then eventually be resigned to a higher amount (like Hank did with a discount 2 years ago):handclap:It also gives us some time to review AA:s upside - whom I think will be a stud on the new infamous & feared GAZ line (Grachev/Anisimov/Zherdev) that will give us memories of Krutov/Larionov/Makarov days in the CCCP past

UnderPSI 01-13-2009 07:09 AM

That's a start in the right direction.

azrok22 01-13-2009 07:09 AM

Cheaper, 2-3 year deal for Dubinsky allows us to spend more on Zherdev now (leaves Dubinsky 1-2 years still as a RFA, at which point we can lock him up long term).

Zherdev, on the other hand, is 1 year from UFA status. Hopefully we can lock him up for 3-4+ years.

MortUWary 01-13-2009 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBKers (Post 17312520)
If he produces well, he can then eventually be resigned to a higher amount (like Hank did with a discount 2 years ago):handclap:It also gives us some time to review AA:s upside - whom I think will be a stud on the new infamous & feared GAZ line (Grachev/Anisimov/Zherdev) that will give us memories of Krutov/Larionov/Makarov days in the CCCP past

You've really been pushing this "GAZ" line by name lately, but I think that I'd prefer to name it the "ZAG" line :D

Whatever you call it, I'm excited over the prospect of seeing it on Broadway!

The Thomas J.* 01-13-2009 07:31 AM

Hope this get's done, but we are so Handcuffed with our cap space, some one has to go, I hope we don't lose Cally or Girardi.

nyr2k2 01-13-2009 07:35 AM

Awesome. Get it done, Slats.

FutureGM97 01-13-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Thomas J. (Post 17312654)
Hope this get's done, but we are so Handcuffed with our cap space, some one has to go, I hope we don't lose Cally or Girardi.

Well Kalinin will be gone for sure and I am sure that Sather would trade someone like Rozsival or (God willing) Redden at the draft or in the offseason. Christ i would trade Redden to trade down. But if Sather can convince a team to give us a superstar for Anson Carter...I think he can get it done.

Hockey2000nyr 01-13-2009 07:37 AM

if you think about it, kalinin will be gone next year (2.1mil) id bring mara back at a similar price, and rozys contract isnt really a burden for the kind of player he is, after this season hes got 3 years at 5 mil. id be willing to bet there would be teams taht take a chance on him

NYR Sting 01-13-2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureGM97 (Post 17312678)
Well Kalinin will be gone for sure and I am sure that Sather would trade someone like Rozsival or (God willing) Redden at the draft or in the offseason. Christ i would trade Redden to trade down. But if Sather can convince a team to give us a superstar for Anson Carter...I think he can get it done.

Convince...be lucky enough to manage the only team capable of or willing to make such an investment, not to mention the team that Jagr clearly wanted to play for...either way...

But, yeah, this news isn't at all surprising. It was pretty clear from the season's first day, at least to me, that Zherdev loved NYC and was going to want to stay here. I expect he'll get 3.5-4 million. Again, Brad Boyes gets 4 million, and he's a 40-goal scorer. That has to be taken into account.

Garfinkel1 01-13-2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger (Post 17312420)
Ok at first i thought i read 7.3 for 3 years i was about to say...haha

need some coffee. :shakehead

Same. I almost cried. lol

Lets go Renney/Slats. 5 years, 20mill.

Can we add incentives anymore? Or did they take that away from us too!

BBKers 01-13-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MortUWary (Post 17312546)
You've really been pushing this "GAZ" line by name lately, but I think that I'd prefer to name it the "ZAG" line :D

Whatever you call it, I'm excited over the prospect of seeing it on Broadway!

I know I have but it is irresistable. i think if I am not incorrect that GAZ means the equivalent to fuel or gas in Russian which is a hell of a name, Zig Zag is not bad either tho:nod:

NYR Sting 01-13-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBKers (Post 17312803)
I know I have but it is irresistable. i think if I am not incorrect that GAZ means the equivalent to fuel or gas in Russian which is a hell of a name, Zig Zag is not bad either tho:nod:

Gaz does indeed mean gas in Russian.

BrooklynRangersFan 01-13-2009 07:58 AM

<---------Like it says here.

Do it, Slats.

Vitto79 01-13-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureGM97 (Post 17312678)

Rozi is gone next yr to make room, Kalinin for sure. They are going to have to move as may bad contracts as possible even if it's waivers

look at the Flyers, they got under

bumrusherer 01-13-2009 08:11 AM

Quite simply..Sather has a lot of work to do because there are certain guys will be need to be moved in order to keep some of our better players.
I hope he hasnt handcuffed himself with some of these long term deals.

ThirdEye 01-13-2009 08:12 AM

If we can sign him for less than 5 million I'll be overwhelmingly happy. I'm glad he wants to stay. I just hope Sather can pony up what he's asking for

I think the fact that Dubinsky went into a slump might save us. If he had 40 points right now things would look a lot different

HockeyBasedNYC 01-13-2009 08:13 AM

Its a little bit sadder now, the we won't see him and Cherepanov on the same line...

Anyway, fantastic news... just don't overpay Glen.

RangerBoy 01-13-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Thomas J. (Post 17312654)

The Flyers traded RJ Umberger who had 50 points and big playoff for a 1st round pick

I Eat Crow 01-13-2009 08:24 AM

Excellent, excellent news. This has definitely quelled some of my fears of Nik bolting in the offseason.

In Sather We Trust. Get it done Glen!