HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Options B, and C? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=596054)

LeafErikson* 01-16-2009 03:06 PM

Options B, and C?

If they can't land Lecavalier, Montreal will still need to acquire that big body down the middle. What do you guys think are options b, and c? I think Jason Arnott would be a decent consolation prize. Perhaps Nik Antropov, who's natural position is center? He might be had relatively cheap.

Also, it's been said you need another puck mover. Do you think Kaberle is on the radar? And if so, what do you think is fair value?

Jeffrey 01-16-2009 03:07 PM

Center is not really a need short term.
Next year it could be a problem.

Our main problem right now is a top reliable defenseman. Bouwmeester seems to be the ideal target !

Artyukhin* 01-16-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafErikson (Post 17384148)
If they can't land Lecavalier, Montreal will still need to acquire that big body down the middle. What do you guys think are options b, and c? I think Jason Arnott would be a decent consolation prize. Perhaps Nik Antropov, who's natural position is center? He might be had relatively cheap.

Also, it's been said you need another puck mover. Do you think Kaberle is on the radar? And if so, what do you think is fair value?

Montreal gets SUNDIN at the deadline:sarcasm:

id say why not

Vyacheslav Kozlov(41 pts =22 on power play)

WeThreeKings 01-16-2009 03:19 PM

Main priority is defence.
I wanna see Nashville fall out of the picture, hopefully add Dan Hamhuis.

LeafErikson* 01-16-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 17384338)
Main priority is defence.
I wanna see Nashville fall out of the picture, hopefully add Dan Hamhuis.

A young, cheap player, that fits a cash strapped team? What's his contract status?

Habitants 01-16-2009 03:25 PM

robert Lang?

and Saku Koivu!

:nod:

Bob need to find help on D

Habsterix* 01-16-2009 03:27 PM

In all honesty, if Lecavalier doesn't come to Montreal, I'd rather go after a top 4 defenseman. As a matter of fact, a top 4 defenseman is what this team needs more than Lecavalier for this season, but the fact that he's under contract long term is what makes these rumours interesting.

montreal 01-16-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

I'd have zero interest in Antropov, never cared for him. Kaberle I don't see the need since the Habs are fine with LD's, or moreso the main problem is on RD.

Plekanetzz 01-16-2009 03:27 PM

I think options A,B and C are solid top 4 defenseman

BaseballCoach 01-16-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Lecavalier was not someone the Habs were trying desperately to "land". The situation suddenly and unexpectedly came up, some overtures were made, the Bolts fumbled the file a few times, and it's over.

The target to land was Sundin.

Plan B was Robert Lang.

He's big.

He plays in the middle.

He grins a lot.

His nickname could even be Malcolm.

We don't need another guy in the middle.

As for the D, which is our real need:
Kaberle would be a decent puck mover at a high-middling salary; Kubina might be more of a shooter and harder hitter, though more expensive.

I would send a very good prospect or two for either of them, a bit less quality for Kubina.

Any ideas?

la25ecoupe 01-16-2009 03:28 PM

So how's Sundin doing in Vancouv?

Stone Cutter 01-16-2009 03:31 PM

I think that MTL short priority is a Dman. Kaberle is an option. The problem though is would Bob and Brian deal together?

I would not use the last few day frenzy as a sign that MTL is looking to a big #1 Center. Lecavalier is just one of those players that you MUST try to add to your team if you have a chance.

Marc the Habs Fan 01-16-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 17384176)
id say why not

Vyacheslav Kozlov(41 pts =22 on power play)

We need another winger because...?

As for Kaberle, he just seems like a luxury for us with Markov already around. Both players are more comfortable as set-up guys on the PP and prefer playing the left side on the point. The cost in assets will also be high, which makes it a luxury more than a necessity.

Artyukhin* 01-16-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 17384581)
We need another winger because...?

is this a trick question?:)

Habsterix* 01-16-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanylapep (Post 17384494)

:naughty: It depends who you ask. If you're talking to Canucks' fans, he'll get better. If you're talking to the rest of the hockey world, the Canucks are 1-4 since acquiring him, he has two points and is -4 with just over 15 minutes of icetime. :D

LeafErikson* 01-16-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballCoach (Post 17384490)
Lecavalier was not someone the Habs were trying desperately to "land". The situation suddenly and unexpectedly came up, some overtures were made, the Bolts fumbled the file a few times, and it's over.

The target to land was Sundin.

Plan B was Robert Lang.

He's big.

He plays in the middle.

He grins a lot.

His nickname could even be Malcolm.

We don't need another guy in the middle.

As for the D, which is our real need:
Kaberle would be a decent puck mover at a high-middling salary; Kubina might be more of a shooter and harder hitter, though more expensive.

I would send a very good prospect or two for either of them, a bit less quality for Kubina.

Any ideas?

For Kaberle, I'm hoping for what essentially Tampa got for Boyle. A good young roster player, a good prospect, and a 1st rounder.

For Kubina, I'd take a 1st straight up for him. Jaroslav Halak strait up would work too.:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vanylapep (Post 17384494)

Don't care. But I hear he's doing horribly.:naughty: I'm sure that will change though.

shealy04 01-16-2009 03:42 PM

Take one of the many Lecavalier packages, tone it down, and send it to Florida for Bouwmeester!

Seriously, Price backing this D lineup would be ridiculous:

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - Bouwmeester
Komisarek - Bouillion

All three pairings are capable of big minutes.

EDIT: Not saying Bouwmeester is a 4th dman with this lineup, I just really like the look of those three pairings. You can call them 1a, 1b, and 1c if you'd like.

justin11 01-16-2009 03:48 PM

Hello everybody,

I have been visiting HF a little over a year now and today I decided to register on this great site!

Now, while I believe Lecavalier would be nice with the Habs, I think that if BG can land JayBo, that would make the Habs a true cup contender...

Artyukhin* 01-16-2009 03:53 PM

reasons i like Slava Kozlov.His salary is good at 3.8 million

He produces on the POWER PLAY , and he is always good for 20 plus goals a year(check his stats). Id definably take a run for him if he was available.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...Ty7i9E9jNivLYF

LeafErikson* 01-16-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin11 (Post 17384835)
Hello everybody,

I have been visiting HF a little over a year now and today I decided to register on this great site!

Now, while I believe Lecavalier would be nice with the Habs, I think that if BG can land JayBo, that would make the Habs a true cup contender...

Welcome!

Just to be the devils advocate, Bouwmeester has never seen playoff action. To suggest that he'd put you over the top, might be asking a lot. I'm sure there's a good chance he could work out fine, but remember to take that into account.

Perhaps if you're looking to add someone who has playoff experience (and a cup), Kubina is more up your ally.

BaseballCoach 01-16-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafErikson (Post 17384707)
For Kaberle, I'm hoping for what essentially Tampa got for Boyle. A good young roster player, a good prospect, and a 1st rounder.

For Kubina, I'd take a 1st straight up for him. Jaroslav Halak strait up would work too.:)

Kubina and a 3rd rounder in exchange for Mathieu Dandenault and a 1st rounder.

LeafErikson* 01-16-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballCoach (Post 17384943)

I would do it, sans the 3rd.

HotHabsFan* 01-16-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shealy04 (Post 17384737)
Take one of the many Lecavalier packages, tone it down, and send it to Florida for Bouwmeester!

Seriously, Price backing this D lineup would be ridiculous:

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - Bouwmeester
Komisarek - Bouillion

All three pairings are capable of big minutes.

EDIT: Not saying Bouwmeester is a 4th dman with this lineup, I just really like the look of those three pairings. You can call them 1a, 1b, and 1c if you'd like.

and Komi is on the 3rd pairing and seperated from Markov because ?:help:

justin11 01-16-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafErikson (Post 17384917)
Welcome!

Just to be the devils advocate, Bouwmeester has never seen playoff action. To suggest that he'd put you over the top, might be asking a lot. I'm sure there's a good chance he could work out fine, but remember to take that into account.

Perhaps if you're looking to add someone who has playoff experience (and a cup), Kubina is more up your ally.

Thanks!

You make a good point, however, I guy his size and the way he moves the puck would add a whole lot to the Habs. I also think Tomas Kaberle would be a great addition to the roster.

HotHabsFan* 01-16-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballCoach (Post 17384943)

OMG no thank you, that is one of the worst contracts presently in the NHL.

Pavel Kubina Signed four-year, $20 million deal $5 million a year in 2006/2007 :shakehead