HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Ladd or Latendresse (future) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=596377)

DBC Tweeker 01-17-2009 03:21 PM

Ladd or Latendresse (future)

Which of these wingers will be better when all is said and done?

AK 01-17-2009 03:48 PM

Latendresse is a pretty good player, but Ladd brings a bit more to the table I think, talent-wise.

benji 01-18-2009 12:33 AM

Habs fan, voted Ladd, he's definitely shown more and has proven to bring more on the ice, but I don't think we've come close to seeing Latendresse in his prime. As people repeat over and over, he's 21 years old, big guys like that tend to take much longer to develop and get used to their size advantage. Think Bertuzzi, Thornton, Leclair...although for every guy like that we have Isbister's and Brendl's, but I like how Latendresse has played for most of this year and am very weary of counting him out so early in his career.

The Big Swede 01-18-2009 12:50 AM

Ladd:laugh:

Andy 01-18-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benji (Post 17410807)
Habs fan, voted Ladd, he's definitely shown more and has proven to bring more on the ice, but I don't think we've come close to seeing Latendresse in his prime. As people repeat over and over, he's 21 years old, big guys like that tend to take much longer to develop and get used to their size advantage. Think Bertuzzi, Thornton, Leclair...although for every guy like that we have Isbister's and Brendl's, but I like how Latendresse has played for most of this year and am very weary of counting him out so early in his career.

Yes, while that being true, you have to remember that development is not linear, Latendresse may be playing well now, but doesn't mean he'll keep developing at the same pace, for all we know he can hit is peak this year.

As of right now I'd take Ladd.

ShawnTHW 01-18-2009 04:49 PM

I like Latendresse a lot more, but Ladd will be the better overall player.

Coldplay 01-18-2009 06:08 PM

Latendresse sucks, and only flashes the occasional skill.

Ladd has been better than him this season too.

El Maestro 01-18-2009 06:19 PM

That shouldn't be a question, Ladd by a mile...

Habs 4 Life 01-19-2009 11:47 AM

I was always a fan of Ladd,Latendresse has some work to do but can be better in the long run

Cogliano13Gagner89 01-19-2009 07:40 PM

Is this a serious poll??

Re-ask this question when Latendresse figures out how to skate.

Myron Gaines* 01-19-2009 07:46 PM

Latendresse over Ladd for me...Ladd is underachieving

Cogliano13Gagner89 01-19-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar (Post 17442163)
Latendresse over Ladd for me...Ladd is underachieving

Ladd underachieving ehh? I guess an "underachieving" Ladd is still a hell of alot better than Latendresse seeing as he has 12 more points.

wildone26* 01-19-2009 11:05 PM

Ladd easily.

WhiteTrashAmerican 01-19-2009 11:07 PM

I wish the Canes still had Ladd...but he got us Ruutu so I can't complain. Ladd all the way.

Watsatheo 01-20-2009 12:14 AM

I think this is closer than most people making it seem. Latendresse is younger and already his first 2 career seasons, where he scored 16 goals in each, are better than anything Ladd did thus far. Ladd is having his first good season while Latendresse is constantly improving.

As of Jan 19th 2009-

Latendresse: 21 years old
190 games
40 goals
33 assists
73 points
129 PIM

Ladd: 23 years old
201 games
39 goals
51 assists
90 points
103 PIM

Cogliano13Gagner89 01-20-2009 12:49 AM

In no may am I trying to start a war with Hab fans here but even Hab fans have to agree with me, Latendresse cannot skate. It is unbelieveable on how bad he is.

Watsatheo 01-20-2009 01:18 AM

I assume you haven't watched him this season. He's improved. He still needs improvement on his first few steps, but when he gets going he's not slow anymore. If there was one skill in hockey that can be improved, it's skating.

DG 01-20-2009 01:25 AM

If you look up overrated in the dictionary, you'll see this:
http://www.rickydee.com/images/photos/latendresse.jpg

Jeffrey 01-20-2009 01:54 AM

Wow there are some latendresse hater here !:help:

He has worked on his skating last summer and it shows !
He's not a pretty skater but he's certainly not slow. IMO his skating is very comparable to Corey Perry or Ryane Clowe.
He still could drop 5 to 10 pounds and it would help him. IMHO is skating while could still need improvement is not a concern for him anymore.

IMO Latendresse will slowly improve every year until he's a fulltime 2nd liner. He will never become a true power forward (he doesnt fight much) but I could see him having a career similar to Knuble.

I loved the pick in 2005.
Last year I was very dissapointed with his skating / work ethic and wanted him out.
This year he's lightout faster than he was last year and want him to stay with us for a very longtime. He seems to have matured quite well and hopefully it can continue this summer. This guy has some serious potential !

Andy 01-20-2009 08:04 AM

Some habs fans predicted him to be a 35-35 guy not to long ago, I don;t know about that, thats a bit of a stretch ahaha, let him hit 20 first.

Lats is good, not great, but Ladd is just a better overall player who too is still developing, people who say Latendresse is only 21, well Ladd is only 23 and both have played the same number of nhl seasons. At this point Ladd is better.

tony d 01-20-2009 09:08 AM

Andrew Ladd

Andrighetto Fabolous 01-20-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cogliano13Gagner89 (Post 17447789)
In no may am I trying to start a war with Hab fans here but even Hab fans have to agree with me, Latendresse cannot skate. It is unbelieveable on how bad he is.

Actually if you have watched him in the past month you'd notice his skating his greatly improved and he has looked like a totally different player.

Cogliano13Gagner89 01-20-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin (Post 17450803)
Actually if you have watched him in the past month you'd notice his skating his greatly improved and he has looked like a totally different player.

Fair enough :thumbu:

capebretoncanadien 01-20-2009 04:43 PM

I voted Lats because I'm a die hard and because I've hardly seen Ladd play at all. Lats has impressed me with his improvement this year. His speed has vastly improved and he bangs and works hard along the boards. Him and Lapierre have been vital to the Habs success lately. Hopefully that continues.

Andy 01-20-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien (Post 17455943)
I voted Lats because I'm a die hard and because I've hardly seen Ladd play at all. Lats has impressed me with his improvement this year. His speed has vastly improved and he bangs and works hard along the boards. Him and Lapierre have been vital to the Habs success lately. Hopefully that continues.

Well than you shouldn't be voting if you have hardly seen Ladd play. I would love to have Ladd on the habs, he's a great player who has improved, continues to improve and IMO will continue to improve. He has just the right amount of speed and strength and has an excellent work ethic, good leader.