HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Denis back to Hamilton! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=596771)

n0pan 01-18-2009 03:34 PM

Denis back to Hamilton!

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/267344.html

Price?! :scared:

Thinkbig 01-18-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49K (Post 17420278)

Poor Denis, seriously :(

Phil Parent 01-18-2009 03:36 PM

Talk about being a bench warmer...

Andy 01-18-2009 03:38 PM

Good, thank god he never played a game, he's a terrible goalie.

Fire Brunet* 01-18-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinkbig (Post 17420316)

yeah and he made about 100k sitting on the bench.

Poor guy :thumbu:

Erythro73 01-18-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinkbig (Post 17420316)

I agree, he should've played at least one full game.

Well, he's better keep playing good at Hamilton!

Analyzer 01-18-2009 03:50 PM

I thought he'd at least get a game when we played Atlanta.

beowulf 01-18-2009 03:57 PM

Why poor Denis? The dude is in the minors for a reason. If Price is truly coming back, that is amazing news.

Marc the Habs Fan 01-18-2009 04:01 PM

Clearly Price showed enough in the 2 skates he had in MTL this weekend to convince the brass he was ready to go. Excellent.

Habsterix* 01-18-2009 04:07 PM

I would have liked to see Denis get one start, but I'm thrilled to see that Price is ready to go! I'm tired of us allowing 3-4 goals a game on a steady basis, making what should be easy wins look like nail biters!

LyricalLyricist 01-18-2009 04:11 PM

He did play, not a full game though. Whatever, he should know he's not the go to guy. On the rare occasions halak will get a string of games together, why would halak be splitting? Halak's been warming the bench for a while, he deserved it way more than denis.

MathMan 01-18-2009 04:13 PM

Denis knew what he was getting into when he signed. He got a few weeks of NHL money, got to play a couple periods, got to work on his game with Rollie Melanson and can get back to proving himself in the AHL.

There are worse ways to try to resurrect a NHL career.

Iwishihadacup 01-18-2009 04:17 PM

meh... he'S not even a top 10 AHL goaltender, good grief, I'm happy he didn't played in facts

good news Price is back

Redux91 01-18-2009 04:18 PM

god damn it that pisses me off

how could they never of given him ONE START in montreal, playing for his hometown for the first time ever

someone please explain to me why he didnt start vs florida, god that pisses me off, they should of given him AT LEAAAAST ONE GAME, especialy with halak getting scored on 4 goals a game!, who cares if denis would of lost, they should of let him play 1 at home so he could always have that with him

bah, with that said, thank god price is back

David_99 01-18-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsDood (Post 17420503)
God's son:scared:

Wars in the holy land! World-wide economic distress! The resurrection of Price!

Repent!!!! Repent!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared:

ScottyDoesntKnow 01-18-2009 04:25 PM

They said that Price would be out of the ASG if he doesn't play at least one game before, I just hope that he doesn't rush himself just to be part of it. Anyway, I'm not trying to be pessimist, I'm still glad that Carey is back and hopefully he is really 100% healthy :)

Habsterix* 01-18-2009 04:30 PM

PRICE IS BACK!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...icons/bowR.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...cons/jesus.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...icons/bowL.gif

MonacoBlue 01-18-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redux91 (Post 17421019)

how could they never of given him ONE START in montreal, playing for his hometown for the first time ever

someone please explain to me why he didnt start vs florida, god that pisses me off, they should of given him AT LEAAAAST ONE GAME, especialy with halak getting scored on 4 goals a game!, who cares if denis would of lost, they should of let him play 1 at home so he could always have that with him

Every point in the standings counts. Montreal is trying to catch Boston for the division title. Denis is worse than Halak, and this is professional sports. You don't play your AHL goalie when he is called up just because it'll make him happy. He wants to start? Maybe he should learn to be a better goalie. If he really wanted to start, though, he should not have signed on a team with two very good goalies.

JMMR 01-18-2009 04:44 PM

EXACTLY.
Could not be more correct.

znk 01-18-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Obviously Habs management wants to win and Melancon must have made it clear Denis was not the best option.

Chomsky 01-18-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathMan (Post 17420934)
Denis knew what he was getting into when he signed. He got a few weeks of NHL money, got to play a couple periods, got to work on his game with Rollie Melanson and can get back to proving himself in the AHL.

There are worse ways to try to resurrect a NHL career.

*cough* claude lemieux in China *cough*

Ape Clutch 01-18-2009 04:59 PM

ok... some people think Price was faking it?

he's practicing again because he doesn't want to miss the All-Star game?

Whitesnake 01-18-2009 05:03 PM

But the real question is.....Lacasse or Desjardins in Cincy? Lacasse has outplayed Desjardins by quite a good margin in Hamilton....not even sure that he wouldn't be a better option than Denis who hasn't played a whole lot lately...

Strange world that is....the best goalie out of the 3 right now, will be demoted....

Stanley Foobrick 01-18-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 17421727)
But the real question is.....Lacasse or Desjardins in Cincy? Lacasse has outplayed Desjardins by quite a good margin in Hamilton....not even sure that he wouldn't be a better option than Denis who hasn't played a whole lot lately...

Strange world that is....the best goalie out of the 3 right now, will be demoted....

Lacasse is the most likely to return to Cincinnati. He has a good record the last two weeks, but you've got to also look at who he beat. Lake Erie 3 times, and the other wins came in games that the Dogs greatly outshot their opponent.

I think this will be good for Lacasse in the future, but right now I suspect he will be the one heading down to the ECHL very soon.

HaBs_ReNeGaTe 01-18-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

someone please explain to me why he didnt start vs florida, god that pisses me off, they should of given him AT LEAAAAST ONE GAME, especialy with halak getting scored on 4 goals a game!, who cares if denis would have lost, they should of let him play 1 at home so he could always have that with him

I think this part speak for the rest of your arguement. It's not a one man's game bud.

Glad Carey is back. Now we're going to kick some serious ass.