HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OK hab fans..who do we want to meet in the first round?or who do we not want? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=59735)

rudethedude66 03-08-2004 01:16 AM

OK hab fans..who do we want to meet in the first round?or who do we not want?

Im afraid of Toronto,Ottawa,N.J,philly..anyone else would do.

Clumsyhab 03-08-2004 01:32 AM

The two teams that we should not meet are Toronto & Tampa Bay.. I think we have a good chance to win against all the other team.

eddy 03-08-2004 05:20 AM

I'd personnely like the team to play Tampa Bay.

#44_delivers 03-08-2004 05:38 AM

no tampa bay
no new jersey

the others we would be ok!

felixd 03-08-2004 05:55 AM

Toronto and Philly are too physical for us.

YEMELIN74 03-08-2004 05:58 AM

i prefer facing the flyers because they look just like the bruins were looking 2 years ago when we beat them in the 1st round.... and burke isnt playing well this season

tampabay would be a team easy to beat too...

Owen Wilson 03-08-2004 07:24 AM

Toronto is the only team that I wouldn't want to play in the first round. I'd rather the Leafs play a grueling series against the Isles or someone else, then they'll be ripe for us later on. We've played Philly tough the last 2 meetings, Lalime has been shaky in Ottawa, Tampa's hot streak is too soon, New Jersey only loses in the 1st round, Boston has question marks in goal and on D.

Lewis63 03-08-2004 07:36 AM

No Toronto
No Philly

so that leaves us with Boston, New Jersey, Ottawa and Tampa Bay.

Of those four I would like tha habs play against New Jersey or Ottawa.

JWhelan 03-08-2004 07:40 AM

I want too see Montreal Destroy the Leafs in the First round.

Agalloch 03-08-2004 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenixTX
i prefer facing the flyers because they look just like the bruins were looking 2 years ago when we beat them in the 1st round.... and burke isnt playing well this season

tampabay would be a team easy to beat too...

Tampa Bay a easy team to beat? Why are they first in the league in points then? They are a lot underrated...

jcpenny 03-08-2004 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st4ticx
Tampa Bay a easy team to beat? Why are they first in the league in points then? They are a lot underrated...

PLus, they simply smoked us the last game...

Season Ticket Holder 03-08-2004 08:46 AM

I'd go with Philly or Boston.

No team is going to be easy in the playoffs, but I definitely do not want to see them play Tampa. Too fast, and riding high. Maybe lacking experience, and that could be Tampa's downfall in the first round as a team that gets upset, but they seem to have our number.

Philly's a tough team, but I don't trust Burke in net, and they've got injuries to contend with.

Although I think the most -exciting- series would be against Toronto. The atmosphere at the Molson Centre and in TO would be insane. Losing to Toronto would be worse than losing to anyone else though.

STH

Darz 03-08-2004 08:53 AM

I think I have answered this question about 10x in the past few weeks, but what the heck....one more time!!!!

I don't really care who we face. Sometimes the team that you think you'll have the mosy success against is the team that beats you, and the team you figure you are really in tough against is the team you beat.

Remember '02. Who would of though out of Carolina and Boston, Carolina would of been the tough opponent??

larue* 03-08-2004 08:56 AM

I have always said I would never want to see a Montreal / Toronto playoff series cause it would be too nerve racking and I would never hear the end of it if we lost. But I have changed my mind. After all we are the underdog and if we lost to them this way it wouldnt be as bad as if we beat them. Wow than that would be sweet and make this playoff run almost as good as winning the cup. :D

Habsaku 03-08-2004 08:59 AM

Toronto or Boston. Lets feed the rivalry.

#44_delivers 03-08-2004 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
PLus, they simply smoked us the last game...

tampa is playing amazing hockey right now, the only team i see having a chance against them in our confrence is ottawa, becuase tampa's speed would turn toronto and philly's team inside out.
boston doesnt look too good at all, i'd love to repeat 01-02.

BruinsGirl 03-08-2004 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Season Ticket Holder
No team is going to be easy in the playoffs, but I definitely do not want to see them play Tampa. Too fast, and riding high. Maybe lacking experience, and that could be Tampa's downfall in the first round as a team that gets upset, but they seem to have our number.
STH

Tampa has as much experience as Montreal. Most of their players played exactly 2 rounds of the playoffs too. (Last year 2 rounds). It's not like ALL Time Montral Canadiens will play ALL Time Tampa Bay.

Habber 03-08-2004 09:48 AM

It's going to be tough no matter who we face, so I'd love to see us play the Leafs. I couldn't think of a better series to watch and that's what it's all about IMO.

Next Best Thing* 03-08-2004 09:54 AM

First off we'd get creamed against TB, so that's out of the question. Secondly, what I would love to see is mostly a division matchup, that would be awesome, no matter who it is. Well except for Ottawa, because I'm not too keen on facing them and somehow I don't think it would be all too exciting either.

Rahan 03-08-2004 10:43 AM

Boston or Philly, no question about that. I'd hate playing the Bolts, since I hate watching us play them, it s*cks. New Jersey would be boring, too.

Toronto isn't out of the question, could be nice to knock them in the first round as usual. :D

Killer 93 03-08-2004 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahan
Toronto isn't out of the question, could be nice to knock them in the first round as usual. :D

:joker: , Yes, it happens so often.

Vicious 03-08-2004 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku
Toronto or Boston. Lets feed the rivalry.

Amen.

Teezax 03-08-2004 10:54 AM

For the record, Burke won't be our starter in the playoffs, it will be Esche. (more than likely as it is now)

NWT Habs Fan 03-08-2004 11:02 AM

Well, it will be a tough matchup regardless of who we draw this playoff. Who would have thought we would have been debating playoff matchups involving the Habs with 12 games to go? I like it when rebuilding works out this well!!

I saw throw whatever team we get against our hot and hopefully rested goalie Theo, ensure the team plays its solid D system, and look to Kovy and company for timely goals when chances emerge. The first round matchups in the East will be tough for all teams, as the teams are all pretty evenly matched.

Our lack of size up front is still a concern as there are some big teams out there that we will likely see during any sustained playoff run through the East. Those long series with lots of clutching and grabbing are physically grueling. Some teams are just going to wear other teams, and themselves out, if series start to go the distance.

I can hardly wait!!

Anksun 03-08-2004 11:16 AM

Philly would be the best team to face right now. I wouldnt mind Toronto but they would be better the face as a 2nd round team.

Ottawa is bad and so is Tampa right now.