HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Jason Arnott (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=597572)

scoringmachine 01-20-2009 06:24 PM

Jason Arnott

As a fan of the Flames some of our blogger would like Jason Arnott in a Calgary jersey. My question is what would you want from the Flames for us to have Jason Arnott.

Joe T Choker 01-20-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoringmachine (Post 17458717)
As a fan of the Flames some of our blogger would like Jason Arnott in a Calgary jersey. My question is what would you want from the Flames for us to have Jason Arnott.

the last year of a bad contract coming the other way with a 1st AND 2nd rounder

Brodeur 01-20-2009 06:26 PM

Unless Arnott suddenly demanded to be traded, I don't see any motivation that the Predators would have to move the guy. He's their captain, one of their few offensive threats, and signed for a reasonable amount for the next two years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer
the last year of a bad contract coming the other way with a 1st AND 2nd rounder

Really? Seems like you guys have enough picks (I suppose you can never truly have too many).

Paranoid Android 01-20-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 17458787)
Unless Arnott suddenly demanded to be traded, I don't see any motivation that the Predators would have to move the guy. He's their captain, one of their few offensive threats, and signed for a reasonable amount for the next two years.

Really? Seems like you guys have enough picks (I suppose you can never truly have too many).

Dave is in panic mode and wants the trade the entire team. Don't mind him.

The reality is what you said.

worstfaceoffmanever 01-21-2009 01:52 AM

It would have to be a high-dollar roster player, and we'd have to go from there because the player has an impact on what else would have to be added to the deal.

But it's not really realistic, partly because Calgary is $2M-ish under the cap and partly because Arnott has a NMC.

Lunatik* 01-21-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 17468949)
It would have to be a high-dollar roster player, and we'd have to go from there because the player has an impact on what else would have to be added to the deal.

But it's not really realistic, partly because Calgary is $2M-ish under the cap and partly because Arnott has a NMC.

I am not suggesting that such a move should or could happen... but to acquire Artnott today a team only needs to be just shy of 2.25 million under the cap as only the amount owing counts against the cap

jstreet 01-21-2009 11:28 AM

if we move Arnott, we would have Legwand and 3 different 4th line centers...we couldnt do without him.

Bruin72 01-22-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoringmachine (Post 17458717)

What about Daymond Langkow for Arnott straight up

worstfaceoffmanever 01-23-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruin72 (Post 17503124)
What about Daymond Langkow for Arnott straight up

Doesn't really do a whole lot for Calgary... I'm not sure it wouldn't make them a weaker team, to be honest.

superhakan 01-29-2009 11:36 AM

Off on another tangent, what would it take to get David Legwand. Would he even be available?

Enoch 01-29-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superhakan (Post 17599086)
Off on another tangent, what would it take to get David Legwand. Would he even be available?

He probably would be, but I think Poile would be hesitant to part with him due to his large role with the team. When he shifted to left wing, I think it answered a lot of questions about how taxing the defensive requirements of Trotz's system are.