HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Chipchura and Stewart-Hamilton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=598250)

JMMR 01-22-2009 12:45 PM

Chipchura and Stewart-Hamilton

Back to Hamilton.
AS per HIO

http://habsinsideout.com/main/14282

HotHabsFan* 01-22-2009 12:46 PM

Chipper and Stewie sent back down

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/267584.html

I would have liked to see Stewie throw em at least once before being sent down.

googlymoogly 01-22-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 17493579)
Back to Hamilton.
AS per HIO

http://habsinsideout.com/main/14282

Stewart deserved more time but with all star weekend might as well let him play on the farm. He should be a regular by next year when Montreal doesn't resign older players.

CPrice 01-22-2009 12:47 PM

Yeah too bad, maybe a bit of a wake up for Chips as well.

jnthomas 01-22-2009 12:50 PM

This is welcomed news, not because I believe they did bad, but because it signifies that the team is finally starting to become healthy.

Habs 01-22-2009 12:51 PM

Too bad Pleks and Begin couldn't go instead.

Beakermania* 01-22-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by googlymoogly (Post 17493624)
Stewart deserved more time but with all star weekend might as well let him play on the farm. He should be a regular by next year when Montreal doesn't resign older players.

Makes sense...

Koivu is back so Chips goes down... no point him being in the pressbox as the fifth centre.

Higgins is supposedly close too... he'll be back either tuesday or shortly after... if Higgins still needs another game or two Begin can play where stewart did until Higgins is back and do the same job 5 on 5 and a better job on the PK.

The cap is calculated daily, so sending them down today not only gets them to hamilton to help them this weekend, but saves us a few precious dollars in cap space.

Lucius 01-22-2009 12:57 PM

This could also be entirely temporary. If Higgins or Laraque are not healthy post-break, I could see Stewart coming right back.

Player 61 01-22-2009 12:58 PM

I don't know if I'm mixing it up with baseball.

I believe that it's so many games played in the NHL as opposed to how many times you've been recalled.

But Chips must be getting close to having to clear Waivers before soon.

Anyone know?

HotHabsFan* 01-22-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucius (Post 17493793)
This could also be entirely temporary. If Higgins or Laraque are not healthy post-break, I could see Stewart coming right back.

Laraque will play the first game back after the asg, he confirmed this on RDS 2 days ago at the outdoor skating rink.

montreal 01-22-2009 01:06 PM

I wonder if they considered sending down Pac and D'Ago as well since the Habs are off and it saves a small cap hit, (moreso in Pac's case since he makes more)

Booba 01-22-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 17493947)
I wonder if they considered sending down Pac and D'Ago as well since the Habs are off and it saves a small cap hit, (moreso in Pac's case since he makes more)

I heard yesterday on CKAC that Max Pac stayed in the NY area to spend the break with his family

Vasculio 01-22-2009 01:20 PM

That was to be expected, especially with the break, and Hamilton will need those 2 players...

I hope Stewart will be called back, probably not this year unless there are other injuries.

Hope that means Higgins will be ready to go, I don't know why, but I really like this player, even though I think we're not a lot to like him... sure hope he turns it around and get back to his old dependable self, great on the forecheck and using his speed to beat D on the outside...

As for Chipchura... I don't know, he didn't impress me like he did last year, he will have his chance again, but I'm wondering if it'll be with the Habs... we'll have to wait and see.

Habitants 01-22-2009 01:25 PM

makes sense. they go down for the break. koivu is back and higgins is close.

Chips was dissapointing.

Boulette Cannon 01-22-2009 01:31 PM

I love Chipchura, but he really didn't impress me this time around. As for Stewart, I really like him and wish he could stay as I think he made his presence felt as soon as on his first shift.

Myron Gaines* 01-22-2009 01:41 PM

No surprises there...I have a feeling that Higgins' come back will have a huge impact on the team.

Marc the Habs Fan 01-22-2009 01:52 PM

Chipchura was incredibly disappointing. His problem is that in hockey terms, he's just ''there''. He doesn't stand out much because he's slow, not physical, bad on faceoffs, not all that talented offensively and plays with not much if any grit or fire. Sure he's good defensively and smart, and that that will probably get him a regular NHL job on another team, likely a poor one, but it won't be enough here it looks like. This was his big chance and he blew it. Really looks like we wasted a 1st rounder on a player who had limited upside to begin with.:rant:

We now have just a shade under 1.9 M in cap space though. It goes down 7200$ every day with D'Ago and Pac still up.

Kirk Muller 01-22-2009 02:05 PM

Gotta say i was impressed Stewart. He played his role and played it well but with any young player, it will interesting if he can keep that type of play up long term and not just for a few games here and there.

THE HOFF 01-22-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPrice (Post 17493630)
Yeah too bad, maybe a bit of a wake up for Chips as well.

a good slap in the face after 10 redbulls and 3 speeds *might be enough to wake him up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous (Post 17494924)
Gotta say i was impressed Stewart. He played his role and played it well but with any young player, it will interesting if he can keep that type of play up long term and not just for a few games here and there.

I thought last game he was disapointing ... olnly an impression , but yeah I'd like to see him for a couple of more games as well ...

HotHabsFan* 01-22-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great (Post 17494968)
I thought last game he was disapointing ... olnly an impression , but yeah I'd like to see him for a couple of more games as well ...

just curious to how dissapointed one can be with a

"Selected by Montreal Canadiens round 8 #246 overall 2004 NHL Entry Draft"

draft choice ? :shakehead

SOLR 01-22-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 17494719)
Chipchura was incredibly disappointing. His problem is that in hockey terms, he's just ''there''. He doesn't stand out much because he's slow, not physical, bad on faceoffs, not all that talented offensively and plays with not much if any grit or fire. Sure he's good defensively and smart, and that that will probably get him a regular NHL job on another team, likely a poor one, but it won't be enough here it looks like. This was his big chance and he blew it. Really looks like we wasted a 1st rounder on a player who had limited upside to begin with.:rant:

We now have just a shade under 1.9 M in cap space though. It goes down 7200$ every day with D'Ago and Pac still up.

Hmm yeah, like Lapierre? Chipchura needs NHL time, just like Lapierre did and look what is happening.

All that being said, I love Craig Rivet more and more...for what he got us.

le_sean 01-22-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 17494719)

Was he not just coming off an injury he sustained in the AHL? I mean he looked excellent last year during his stint, so I doubt he regressed. Plus he's looked dominant in the AHL. I still have high hopes.

Scotianhab 01-22-2009 02:45 PM

I still believe that Chipchura will be a solid 3rd line center. He has played very well in the AHL this year and he was good with the Habs last year except for faceoffs. He jsut needs NHL time to develop and with our great depth it's hard for him to get a chance. I definetely think he'll make the team next year.

hototogisu 01-22-2009 02:51 PM

I hope Chipchura was injured because he was bad. No two ways around it.

He was much more impressive in his stint with us last year.

albertabound 01-22-2009 03:09 PM

From what I heard was he was injured and went home for xmas and didn't feel great when he reurned to Hamilton played 1 game and got called up didn't want to miss his chance and and went up but only to not being 100% now everyone thinks he's a bust give him a break!! He is still bug by his grion injury. In hamilton they said he was the better all around player out of the 4 that were brought uo just hope he heals and starts back to where he left off before injury 21 pts in 25 games +15.