HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Larionov seeking return to Detroit (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=59833)

Buffaloed 03-08-2004 11:44 AM

Larionov seeking return to Detroit
 
from tsn http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=75528
Over the weekend Devils' forward Igor Larionov indicated he might be willing to waive his no-trade clause for a possible return to Detroit.
"First of all, I've got to see some interest," Larionov tells the Bergen Record. "Then, we'll see what happens."


The rest of the article deals with speculation by Devils players that Lamoriello isn't done dealing.

GKJ 03-08-2004 11:57 AM

I was going to post this, but I thought it was already widely known :p



The man needs to stay in Detroit

neelynugs 03-08-2004 12:01 PM

larionov and the wings are like jilted lovers

each summer, the wings want him back, but only at "their terms". larionov won't accept being the "2nd choice" and goes and puts himself on the market. since he brings a wealth of experience and talent, other teams are interested and pitch deals to him. all the while, he wants detroit, and detroit wants him. it's a vicious cycle. i hope igor and the wings work something out so that they can 'play nice' with each other again :joker:

Motown Beatdown 03-08-2004 12:28 PM

I dont want the Wings to bring him back. The Wings offered him a million dollars to come back. He wanted the most money he could find. Everyone knew Igor wouldn't work well in the Devils system. But he signs there anyways. Kinda the same thing he did when he signed with the Pathers a few years back.

It seems to me Igor's MO is if he cant get the money he wants out of Detroit, sign somewhere else and hope they get desperate and trade for him.

Besides, what can Igor bring to this team? Is he gonna see PP time? I highly doubt that, with Datsyuk and Lang centering the two PP units. Can he fill in for Draper as a center for the grind line? I dont think so. Igor would need skilled teammates in Detroit to be truly effective. And the way the line up shakes out, thats not gonna happen. Why waste a pick or a prospect for a guy who'll be watching the playoffs from the press box then retire or bicker about money next year.

Mark Mowers has filled in very well everytime the Wings have needed him. He is a better fit to fill in on the grind line till Draper comes back from injury.

Buffaloed 03-08-2004 12:35 PM

Igor just wants to be loved :p

Jaysfanatic* 03-08-2004 12:42 PM

Igor deserves to be in Detroit. I'll support him wherever

incawg 03-08-2004 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I was going to post this, but I thought it was already widely known :p



The man needs to stay in Detroit

The man needs to retire.

I'm a big igor fan but, damn, hang em up already.

Adityase 03-08-2004 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incawg
The man needs to retire.

I'm a big igor fan but, damn, hang em up already.


I agree, but since he's in the league this year, I say acquire him for futures and let him travel with the team. He's just a good guy to have around. Plus I wouldn't knock him so much over going to the Devs. He wasn't really in our plans this year unlike last time he left and isn't Fetisov a coach in their system? I don't know if that means anything, but he'd be a nice add for the last few weeks and the playoffs (if only as a lockerroom influcene) - and then he should RETIRE!

tmg 03-08-2004 02:32 PM

Can the Devils get a third and an eighth for him? Hey, if Therien's worth it...


Okay, just the eighth, then.


OK, uh, a half a bag of slightly irregular pucks?

Adityase 03-08-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmg
OK, uh, a half a bag of slightly irregular pucks?


When you get the pucks can you send the bag back?

-Ken Holland

Snugglepuss 03-08-2004 02:40 PM

I hope so. He would look nice back in Detroit.

GentlemanOfLeisure 03-08-2004 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walknucklers
I hope so. He would look nice back in Detroit.

Larionov and a 9th round pick to Detroit for an 8th round pick??

Vincent Vega 03-08-2004 03:45 PM

I'd love to see Igor back in Detroit on our fourth line. The problem is, who would we scratch in order for him to play?

Hull - Datsyuk - Thomas
Yzerman - Lang - Whitney
Holmstrom - Zetterberg - Shanahan
McCarty - Draper - Maltby

McCarty, Thomas and Holmstrom would be the likely choices but for what they would bring to this team during the playoffs I wouldnt want to see them in the press box.

guinness 03-08-2004 03:50 PM

I'll like to see him back as a player/coach.

Buffaloed 03-08-2004 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nash61
I'd love to see Igor back in Detroit on our fourth line. The problem is, who would we scratch in order for him to play?

Hull - Datsyuk - Thomas
Yzerman - Lang - Whitney
Holmstrom - Zetterberg - Shanahan
McCarty - Draper - Maltby

McCarty, Thomas and Holmstrom would be the likely choices but for what they would bring to this team during the playoffs I wouldnt want to see them in the press box.

Isn't Draper out for at least a month?

Motown Beatdown 03-08-2004 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Isn't Draper out for at least a month?



yes he is, but regradless of that, Igor does not fit on the grindline. That lines uses speed, grit and defensive play to shut down other teams top lines. Igor is not a defensive forward anymore. And he doesn't have the speed needed for that line. Need i comment on the grit part? :D

HOCKEYGOON 03-08-2004 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWI19
yes he is, but regradless of that, Igor does not fit on the grindline. That lines uses speed, grit and defensive play to shut down other teams top lines. Igor is not a defensive forward anymore. And he doesn't have the speed needed for that line. Need i comment on the grit part? :D



I would pick him up just for depth purposes and experience/leadership....



If Lang or Datsyuk go down Larionov would make a perfect fill in.....


At the cost its going to take to get him, why not?

Classic Devil 03-08-2004 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOCKEYGOON
I would pick him up just for depth purposes and experience/leadership....



If Lang or Datsyuk go down Larionov would make a perfect fill in.....


At the cost its going to take to get him, why not?

At the moment it looks like both Lang AND Datsyuk are down. Want Larionov?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.