HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ryan Suter?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=598490)

Bruin72 01-23-2009 12:53 AM

Ryan Suter??

Just wondering how Ryan Suter has been playing this year and what it would take for Boston to obtain him?

worstfaceoffmanever 01-23-2009 01:22 AM

You could make a case that Suter is our #1 defenseman. He's untouchable.

Hamhuis is available for the right offer, though.

Paranoid Android 01-23-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 17503376)
You could make a case that Suter is our #1 defenseman. He's untouchable.

Hamhuis is available for the right offer, though.

Funny how times change. Not too long ago this would have been the opposite.

Honestly, I don't see us moving any of our dmen except Koistinen

braindead 01-23-2009 08:28 AM

....and DeVries.

That leaves:

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Klein
Zanon-Sulzer
[7th Dman:cheap pickup or, less likely, Franson/Blum/Josi}

worstfaceoffmanever 01-23-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindead (Post 17504780)
....and DeVries.

That leaves:

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Klein
Zanon-Sulzer

Blum will be in our top four by the end of next year. He's too good to stay in the minors for more than a month.

lstcyr 01-23-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 17506516)
Blum will be in our top four by the end of next year. He's too good to stay in the minors for more than a month.

That would suggest he would make the transition to the NHL better than either Suter or Weber. I think it will take him longer than that especially since there's really no need to push him to the NHL.

cjerina 01-23-2009 12:36 PM

Any chance Blum may play any of the last games of the AHL season with Milwaukee this year? I forget the eligibility requirements, but remember Esposito playing with Chicago last year for a few games

worstfaceoffmanever 01-23-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjerina (Post 17507284)
Any chance Blum may play any of the last games of the AHL season with Milwaukee this year? I forget the eligibility requirements, but remember Esposito playing with Chicago last year for a few games

Probably not, because that would mean Vancouver were eliminated from the WHL playoffs. Which they won't be. Because they've got the team to go for a Memorial Cup.

cjerina 01-23-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 17507352)
Probably not, because that would mean Vancouver were eliminated from the WHL playoffs. Which they won't be. Because they've got the team to go for a Memorial Cup.

Very good point, completely forgot how good their team is.

predfan24 01-23-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 17506516)

Admittely, my experience in seeing Blum play is only the preseason here in Nashville and the WJC's. However I was NOT impressed with Blum at the WJC's. He was a turnover machine and didn't do well defensively. Just from what I saw there he didn't look ready to me.

Edit: He still needs to put on at least 10-20 pounds of muscle too before he can handle NHL forwards.

Paranoid Android 01-23-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindead (Post 17504780)
....and DeVries.

That leaves:

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Klein
Zanon-Sulzer

I didn't include him because I'm sure no body wants him. Plus he's on IR - can't be traded.

braindead 01-23-2009 05:31 PM

I haven't heard anything to suggest he still would be on the IR by the time the Preds are ready to trade him. I also think there is no doubt that a team would want him. He is clearly better than many 6th and 7th defensemen on teams that are contending. His salary is high but lasts only through the end of the year. I don't know what he will garner but he has trade value.