HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Minnesota Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=598552)

mncdn 01-23-2009 08:35 AM

Minnesota Proposal

Would this make sense providing Gaborik is healthy after the trade deadline?

Gaborik and PMB

for

S. Koivu and Higgins

I know this might be far fetched but I am interested to see what Habs fans think. It is rumored that Koivu might look at the Wild next year to play with his brother.

Whitesnake 01-23-2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mncdn (Post 17505327)

Gaborik and PMB

for

S. Koivu and Higgins

I know this might be far fetched but I am interested to see what Habs fans think. It is rumored that Koivu might look at the Wild next year to play with his brother.

Absolutely not. Going from soft to softier......Why would we do that?

Tortue 01-23-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 17505344)
Absolutely not. Going from soft to softier......Why would we do that?

my homer glasses they are stuck

hototogisu 01-23-2009 08:44 AM

Yeah, right. Koivu is UFA too. So the Wild make the trade, lose Gaborik, and then potentially lose Koivu to free agency too? And they've lost Bouchard as well? I don't think so.

And it also makes no sense from a Habs perspective either.

Monctonscout 01-23-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Gaborik and PMB

for

S. Koivu and Higgins

Isn't Gaborik out for the year and a UFA? That would be a horrible trade for us.

Freaky Habs Fan 01-23-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 17505389)
Yeah, right. Koivu is UFA too. So the Wild make the trade, lose Gaborik, and then potentially lose Koivu to free agency too? And they've lost Bouchard as well? I don't think so.

And it also makes no sense from a Habs perspective either.

Why does it make no sense? I'd do that in a heartbeat! Higgins is expendable with all our young players doing well and Koivu is great, but Pleks and Lang did well during his injury. All in all, the Habs couldn't turn away that offer. But Minny would need more for sure...

Monctonscout 01-23-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 17505435)
Why does it make no sense? I'd do that in a heartbeat! Higgins is expendable with all our young players doing well and Koivu is great, but Pleks and Lang did well during his injury. All in all, the Habs couldn't turn away that offer. But Minny would need more for sure...

If Higgins is expendable, why do we need Bouchard then? Higgins is bigger/stronger/more physical than him.

Tuggy 01-23-2009 08:58 AM

Why would anyone trade for Gaborik at this point? Until he proves he can play without getting hurt then he is damaged goods.

Vasculio 01-23-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 17505457)
If Higgins is expendable, why do we need Bouchard then? Higgins is bigger/stronger/more physical than him.

We should get Turner Stevenson out of retirement then, as he's bigger/stronger/more physical than Higgins !

I think you forgot the skill part, and while Bouchard doesn't have a great year, skillwise he's way ahead of Higgins, who's not having a great year either...

And while Koivu >>> Bouchard, Gaborik >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Higgins...

emb24* 01-23-2009 09:23 AM

give me a freakin' break. no way

Monctonscout 01-23-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pazuzu (Post 17505702)
We should get Turner Stevenson out of retirement then, as he's bigger/stronger/more physical than Higgins !

I think you forgot the skill part, and while Bouchard doesn't have a great year, skillwise he's way ahead of Higgins, who's not having a great year either...

And while Koivu >>> Bouchard, Gaborik >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Higgins...

Gaborik is not better than anybody, he's probably OUT FOR THE YEAR!!!

Marian Gaborik may undergo season-ending surgery to fix his hip.

Apparently there a 'deficiency' in Gaborik's left hip that is causing all the groin problems for the unrestricted free agent to be. This is terrible news for the Wild who were hoping to trade the star before he he could become an UFA and get something in return. Should Gaborik undergo the surgery, he could return right at the end of the regular season. "The question is, do we try to move forward by him still skating so we can try to get him back now and manage it, or do we get [surgery] done right away so he can try to come back by the end of the season?" assistant GM Tom Lynn said. "That's what we're trying to figure out in the next day or two. We're examining all our options."

Higgins numbers are as good as Bouchard's. Offense is even but Higgins is the much better all around player. Go check the numbers, Higgins has more goals, Bouchard more assists with Bouchard getting more 1st line and PP time. I'd never make that trade 1 for 1.

Habsterix* 01-23-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

It is rumored that Koivu might look at the Wild next year to play with his brother.

Rumoured where? Saku will be in Montreal for the next couple of years, MMW.

Habitants 01-23-2009 09:46 AM

LMAO!!!!!

no way Minni goes for that trade! total garbage!

Gaborik alone would fetch more!

mncdn 01-23-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix (Post 17505765)

MPLS/STP Star Tribune has mentioned this a few times. It was in association with the fact that Koivu's Parents were in town and they were asking them if they would like to see their sons play together. Mikko also hinted that it might be a possiblity but he also said his brother was very happy in Montreal.

Monctonscout 01-23-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habitants (Post 17505977)
LMAO!!!!!

no way Minni goes for that trade! total garbage!

Gaborik alone would fetch more!

Who trades for a UFA that's out for the year...get some money and buy yourself a clue.

Whitesnake 01-23-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix (Post 17505765)

Rumoured from people who want to get rid of him and keep saying it as if the more they say it, the more it could become true.

Habs 01-23-2009 10:12 AM

I think someone will be able to get Gaborik for a conditional pick, considering his contract and injury status.

Joe Cole 01-23-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mncdn (Post 17505979)
MPLS/STP Star Tribune has mentioned this a few times. It was in association with the fact that Koivu's Parents were in town and they were asking them if they would like to see their sons play together. Mikko also hinted that it might be a possiblity but he also said his brother was very happy in Montreal.

My parents wished I lived closer too, but that won't happen anytime soon either.

Habs10Habs 01-23-2009 10:31 AM

Sorry, but this one doesn't make any sense.