HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: My new tattoo! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=599474)

Daniel Bigras 01-26-2009 11:59 AM

My new tattoo!
 
Hey there,

Just wanted to show you my latest commitment regarding the Montreal Canadiens:

http://tricolore.ca/forums/picture.p...3&pictureid=96

Sorry for the tags, I just wanted to protect this picture.

I did the concept, the design and my tattoo artist, Pat Les Os (ta2.ca) drew it and did the job.

CTV News came and filmed when I was being tattoo'd last thursday. It will be shown on CTV News in a week or so.

Mustafa* 01-26-2009 12:02 PM

Well done! congrats.

Artyukhin* 01-26-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras (Post 17544615)
Hey there,

Just wanted to show you my latest commitment regarding the Montreal Canadiens:

http://tricolore.ca/forums/picture.p...3&pictureid=96

Sorry for the tags, I just wanted to protect this picture.

I did the concept, the design and my tattoo artist, Pat Les Os (ta2.ca) drew it and did the job.

CTV News came and filmed when I was being tattoo'd last thursday. It will be shown on CTV News in a week or so.

we gave ya alot of flak over you know what, but no denying your a true "crazy" habs fan:)

Habs10Habs 01-26-2009 12:03 PM

That looks amazing DB, how long did that take to complete?

Twister mtl 01-26-2009 12:05 PM

So is the centennial this year or next year?


:sarcasm:

Daniel Bigras 01-26-2009 12:06 PM

Thanks Mustafa!

Thanks Doug. Yep, I'm a fanatic, I'm in love with the Montreal Canadiens. My longest relationship and it's still going strong. :-)

Habs10Habs: It took 6 hours, in one shot. At the end, after 4 hours, it was becoming fairly painful. The last hour was the worst. I was tired, cold, hungry, weaker and it was more difficult to tolerate the pain. Especially when he did the flames, on top of the shoulder, there's less meat/fat over there.

But, I'm already designing my 2nd tattoo. :-D

Judge Sauer* 01-26-2009 12:06 PM

Awesome job, I've been scouring the net and Deviant art to find a really nice Habs tattoo.

Daniel Bigras 01-26-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twister mtl (Post 17544706)
So is the centennial this year or next year?


:sarcasm:

Well, it seems I can make a lasting first impression. :yo:

Daniel Bigras 01-26-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Sauer (Post 17544724)
Awesome job, I've been scouring the net and Deviant art to find a really nice Habs tattoo.

Thanks Judge. I'm glad you like it.

Artyukhin* 01-26-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras (Post 17544721)
Thanks Mustafa!

Thanks Doug. Yep, I'm a fanatic, I'm in love with the Montreal Canadiens. My longest relationship and it's still going strong. :-)

Habs10Habs: It took 6 hours, in one shot. At the end, after 4 hours, it was becoming fairly painful. The last hour was the worst. I was tired, cold, hungry, weaker and it was more difficult to tolerate the pain. Especially when he did the flames, on top of the shoulder, there's less meat/fat over there.

But, I'm already designing my 2nd tattoo. :-D

Hey Dan just out of curiosity, what does something that size cost(estimate).

holyhabs 01-26-2009 12:10 PM

thats pretty freakin sweeeet

11Goat11 01-26-2009 12:11 PM

That is a sick tat! Good job. I designed one for myself with the Habs logo in front of a torch but I might have to re-work it:sarcasm:

Twister mtl 01-26-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras (Post 17544737)
Well, it seems I can make a lasting first impression. :yo:

at least we remember you:D


Nice tatoo BTW, I don't have the courage to get one

Daniel Bigras 01-26-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 17544777)
Hey Dan just out of curiosity, what does something that size cost(estimate).

The most important thing is to find a great artist. Not just anyone. Usually, they are hard to book, with 2-4 weeks of wait. That's a good sign.

Pat Les Os is amazing. Great person, professionnal and extremely careful. People are freaking with the fact that my tattoo is not bleeding much, not scaling much. It looks perfect already.

There's also Sharon Wilde that is well known, and a crazy Canadiens fan.

Pat is charing 80$ for the first hour and 60$ for the other hours. He works fast.

It took 6 hours to do this big tattoo. It took 4 hours to do the scroll. The letters are difficult to do. But it looks like it was printed from a computer.

Artyukhin* 01-26-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras (Post 17544932)
The most important thing is to find a great artist. Not just anyone. Usually, they are hard to book, with 2-4 weeks of wait. That's a good sign.

Pat Les Os is amazing. Great person, professionnal and extremely careful. People are freaking with the fact that my tattoo is not bleeding much, not scaling much. It looks perfect already.

There's also Sharon Wilde that is well known, and a crazy Canadiens fan.

Pat is charing 80$ for the first hour and 60$ for the other hours. He works fast.

It took 6 hours to do this big tattoo. It took 4 hours to do the scroll. The letters are difficult to do. But it looks like it was printed from a computer.



yea for sure , Pat did great work there.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras (Post 17544721)

But, I'm already designing my 2nd tattoo. :-D

how about a Hand"s" with 24 stanley cup rings:) then every year we win ,just add another ring.



i guess if your loooking for ideas for new tatoos, you could always add a stanleycup ring to the hands on your back(the one without the torch)

Daniel Bigras 01-26-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 17544777)
how about a Hand"s" with 24 stanley cup rings:) then every year we win ,just add another ring.

i guess if your loooking for ideas for new tatoos, you could add a stanleycup ring to the hands on your back(the one without the torch)

Well, the thing is that for me a tattoo needs a message and a story. That tattoo is a message that has different meaning. I had a very tough life and I'm still here cuz I worked hard and life is good now. And I hope to pass the torch to my kid one day. I want him/her to see me as an example to follow.

And also with the meaning it has with the Canadiens history.

The story behind it is what happened with CTV. It's unreal. They came to my place and we did a long interview. It will be about the Montreal Canadiens being a religion and I will be the 'main' fan interviewed.

After the interview, an air bubble hit my brain and I said: 'Oh, btw, soon I will be doing a tattoo.'

The journalist, Daniele Hamandjian said: 'Oh, cool! Can we come and film it?'

And here's the tattoo.

Daniel Bigras 01-26-2009 12:30 PM

Thanks holyhabs87.

Twister mtl: Ya, I guess. But thanks to HF Boards, I became more positive in my activities regarding the Montreal Canadiens. I want to keep a positive attitude from now on.

Thanks 11Goat11. Don't worry about the design. As long as it means something to you! Tattoos are not a competition. I was not looking to create something amazing for others. It ended up much bigger than I anticipated. I've seen some sick tattoos on other people. The torch, the message, the logo are historical facts, they are not mine. It's normal that it means a lot to others.

Habs 4 Life 01-26-2009 12:34 PM

Wow really nice,great work:handclap:

Bad Natey 01-26-2009 12:53 PM

That's sick.. I plan to get the Habs logo tattooed over my heart someday.. but that is really nice. Congrats.

Habs10Habs 01-26-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras (Post 17544721)
Thanks Mustafa!

Thanks Doug. Yep, I'm a fanatic, I'm in love with the Montreal Canadiens. My longest relationship and it's still going strong. :-)

Habs10Habs: It took 6 hours, in one shot. At the end, after 4 hours, it was becoming fairly painful. The last hour was the worst. I was tired, cold, hungry, weaker and it was more difficult to tolerate the pain. Especially when he did the flames, on top of the shoulder, there's less meat/fat over there.

But, I'm already designing my 2nd tattoo. :-D

That's a long time to be sitting still and going through that. Kudos to you for having the patience and pain thresh hold to do it.

My first thought when seeing the tattoo was the flames. That area is quite sensitive so I could imagine the pain you went through while they coloured it in.

Good luck with your next design, and if you get a chance. Post it here, personally I'd love to see it.

Fozz 01-26-2009 01:03 PM

That's one tattoo that you can be sure will always have value to you and will always have meaning, no matter how old you get. T'as des guts Dan! Congrats.

Daniel Bigras 01-26-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natey2k4 (Post 17545400)
That's sick.. I plan to get the Habs logo tattooed over my heart someday.. but that is really nice. Congrats.

Thanks man. Yep, the logo should be on the heart. That's where it belongs. That's where I will have another one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 17545140)
Wow really nice,great work:handclap:

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 17545447)
That's a long time to be sitting still and going through that. Kudos to you for having the patience and pain thresh hold to do it.

My first thought when seeing the tattoo was the flames. That area is quite sensitive so I could imagine the pain you went through while they coloured it in.

Good luck with your next design, and if you get a chance. Post it here, personally I'd love to see it.

Thanks for the good words. Yep, it was painful on the shoulder and when CTV arrived to film the last part, which was the flames, it was obvious that it was tough to handle. The journalist even asked me: 'Are you ok?'

The tough part is the filling. 9 needles going in and out of your skin many times per second. Ouf. But 5 minutes after it was done, the pain was forgotten.

As for the next tattoo, I know when I will do it, when my web site reaches an important goal, but I don't know which year yet. We shall see. I'll sure show it around. :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz (Post 17545534)
That's one tattoo that you can be sure will always have value to you and will always have meaning, no matter how old you get. T'as des guts Dan! Congrats.

Yep, you are absolutely right.

Merci mec.

CH4 01-26-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz (Post 17545534)
That's one tattoo that you can be sure will always have value to you and will always have meaning, no matter how old you get. T'as des guts Dan! Congrats.

What if the nordiques are back and he become a nordiques fan?:sarcasm:

VAN-HAB 01-26-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras (Post 17544615)
Hey there,

Just wanted to show you my latest commitment regarding the Montreal Canadiens:

http://tricolore.ca/forums/picture.p...3&pictureid=96

Sorry for the tags, I just wanted to protect this picture.

I did the concept, the design and my tattoo artist, Pat Les Os (ta2.ca) drew it and did the job.

CTV News came and filmed when I was being tattoo'd last thursday. It will be shown on CTV News in a week or so.

I love it, and I am picky when it comes to tatoos but this is a nice one.

Daniel Bigras 01-26-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH4THECUP (Post 17545596)
What if the nordiques are back and he become a nordiques fan?:sarcasm:

As if that will ever happen. :-) First of all, I find Nordiques fans traitors, cuz they loved the Canadiens before they loved the Nordiques and they abandonned us, they betrayed us. So I have no love for them. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB (Post 17545642)
I love it, and I am picky when it comes to tatoos but this is a nice one.

Thanks Van-Hab. I'm glad you like it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.