HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Anson Carter to LA. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=59956)

leafaholix* 03-08-2004 06:06 PM

Anson Carter to LA.

According to the Fan 590 and Sportsnet.

To WAS: Jared Aulin
To LA: Anson Carter

Shane 03-08-2004 06:08 PM

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...08_185705_4820

Old Hickory 03-08-2004 06:20 PM

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Hollywood 03-08-2004 06:25 PM

It was also just reported on TSN. I must admit that I am a little disappointed. I do liek Carter and think he will help the Kings struggling offense but I did think Aulin had a good future ahead of him.
If Carter does well, I am sure I will be saying "Jarod Who?" soon enough though.
Here is what I do with the lines...
Carter Stumpel-Straka
Frolov-Armstrong-Robitaille
Klatt-Laperierre-Avery
Cammalleiri-Pirnes-Barney(when he gets back)

I think the Klatt Army Robitaille needs to change and also frolov needs to get going..Hopefully this trade does just that...

Legionnaire 03-08-2004 06:26 PM

Meh. :dunno:

I'll have to see how this works out. AC has never impressed me, but Aulin hadn't really either.

No One 03-08-2004 06:26 PM

Wow.

I really thought DT was not going to anything before the deadline, and just let the boys finish out the season. I guess I was wrong.

I am excited to see Carter in L.A., especially since he WANTS to play here. That alone should improve his play to the levels he displayed in EDM.

I guess that means Cammalleri and/or Brown will see a LOT LESS ice time.

kingbrath 03-08-2004 06:27 PM

sad about giving up Aulin, I reallyu wish I could have seen the guy play for L.A, but im glad that Carter is a king and think he will fit in very well here in L.A!

GO KINGS GO!!!!

Capn Brown 03-08-2004 06:30 PM

DT got jobbed! He should have given them Lehoux instead. Aulin was one of our top 5 prospects, while Carter's a dude who's consistently inconsistent. Sucks to be us.

Fat Elvis 03-08-2004 06:31 PM

Don't like it one bit. Carter brings absolutely nothing to the table, tell me one thing he adds to our lineup that we don't already have. A tan does not count. Aulin will be twice the player he is and good for him to go to an organization which he'll get loads of ice time to show case himself. Disappointed in DT for adding a fringe player while giving up a top 5 prospect. We got hosed and I hope I get proven wrong, and is Carter the guy to put us over the top? BS.BS.BS. Look out western conference, we got Carter :yo: we should make the finals for sure now. This is a complete and utter Bull#$%^ move. Good luck Aulin, hope we don't have to face you ever.

two out of three* 03-08-2004 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Don't like it one bit. Carter brings absolutely nothing to the table, tell me one thing he adds to our lineup that we don't already have. A tan does not count. Aulin will be twice the player he is and good for him to go to an organization which he'll get loads of ice time to show case himself. Disappointed in DT for adding a fringe player while giving up a top 5 prospect. We got hosed and I hope I get proven wrong, and is Carter the guy to put us over the top? BS.BS.BS. Look out western conference, we got Carter :yo: we should make the finals for sure now. This is a complete and utter Bull#$%^ move. Good luck Aulin, hope we don't have to face you ever.

I disagree with this statement completely. Carter brings nothing to the table? If anything is bull$h1t, then that statement is as far as im concerned. I mean, he's tough, will go to the front, and there is no way you can tell me that he isn't an upgrade over Tripp who has appeared in the line-up, and even though I like Pirnes, Carter is an upgrade. Carter is an upgrade over Stumpel as well. The thought of Carter-Belanger-Straka makes me squirt tears of joy. You also have to take into consideration that there might not be an NHL next year, so we might not even see Aulin in an NHL game. I love the move, and I love that the Kings management is trying.

BTW- Will Carter be in the line-up against Phoenix tomorrow?

Face Wash 03-08-2004 06:46 PM

Welp... I'm not thinking much of this one... Not enough GAIN for what we give up here. But look on the bright side: If Allison can ever see straight again, his buddy Anson can room with him on the road.

At least Anson doesn't have to look for a place to stay during the season, Although he might have to kick out the person who's renting out his place.

punchy1 03-08-2004 06:46 PM

Elvi, I would snip the line that says "a tan doesn't count". I don't see it as neccessary but, that is just my opinion as one of them "tan" fellows. (wink)

I am torn on this one. Aulin, has second line potential and plays with all of his heart. He also is injury prone to the max. He has been kept out of the Kings line up due to injury three times in three years. I am certain he will outgrow it but, he will have to do that before I would consider him a sturdy player. He is a tireless worker and who I would have replaced Ebell (spelling him and Pirnes) with him next year.

Carter isn't as bad as some think but, he isn't a superstar either. The other thing that makes me think this odd is that DT said he were going after a "hard working" type that would fit our system. Unless Carter has changed his game, I wouldn't use any of them words to describe him.

He has also been with four teams now in one year. Oilers/Rangers/Caps/Kings. Now, there are reasons for that but, if he were dominant in NY, would they have dealt him? He were struggling. It took him getting loads of ice time in Was to get his game back.

I would rather us have gotten Grier like my mate thought. He had the right city, but not the right player. I also would rather of us have traded Zizka and Smithson for Grier and a 6th then this. Aulin MAY only become a third liner but he would be a solid enough one (if healthy) at that and while we have loads of them in our system, I think he at this time is one of the better ones.

I think this deal smells a little like Taylor, who is the best gm we have ever had no doubt, felt some pressure to make a move and did the best one he could think of that would bring in a name player.

With Allison and Deader likely not to wear the Crown again, Carter COULD end up as Deaders replacement. We still will need a true first line center but, we might find one as a UFA.

I do want to know this, is Carter a UFA this summer? Makes you wonder that if he is, why this deal would ever be done. IF Carter is a UFA this summer then this deal stinks to high heaven.

kingsfan25 03-08-2004 06:46 PM

Happy about the move but dissappointed with giving up Aulin; IMO, its just too much to give up for a guy like Anson.

Prove me wrong Carter. Prove me wrong.

guzmania 03-08-2004 06:49 PM

Anson is not a fringe player. He's the second top six DT has added. he will make us a more dangerous team. Aulin is a very nice prospect and he may yet be a NHL force.

The thing that bothers me is where do we put another wing?

nikolai19 03-08-2004 06:53 PM

It's a good deal for both teams.

Gives the Kings a little more experience up front and with the right players AC is a guy that can put up 25-30 goals and 25-30 helpers. He did it with Comrie and Smyth in EDM, but never really had a chance to do anything with either NYR or WSH. I think he will be a guy that, if he wants, can help us tremendously with our playoff drive. Chances are he knows what kind of system he is getting into as well, as AM coached him at last year's Worlds (which he scored the tournament winning goal)

Hard part is giving up Aulin. I liked him a lot but if the brass doesn't think that he is one of the better prospects anymore than so be it. He could be a china doll, considering he tweaked his knee last year and missed a lot of time, and he has been gone all year so far this year. My thinking is that the young core of players that are not going anywhere are:

Frolov
Cammalleri
Tambellini
Pushkarov
Gleason
Grebeshkov
Rome (his rights at least...)
Kanko
Boyle
Karlsson

If we could get someone for Lehoux, I'm sure we would but nobody wants him.

Overall I see this as an even deal.

tc 03-08-2004 06:56 PM

Carter was traded for Jagr.

Aulin is a steep price, but Carter has a lot of good hockey still in him and plays with some much needed fire.

You have to give to get. No way Carter is traded for Lehoux.

Imagine that a few years ago. Aulin for Jagr.

GodZillaAteMyZamboni 03-08-2004 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1
I do want to know this, is Carter a UFA this summer? Makes you wonder that if he is, why this deal would ever be done. IF Carter is a UFA this summer then this deal stinks to high heaven.

Carter is an RFA. LA needs to offer him somewhere in the $3 million range to keep him from becoming a UFA.

Venom_17 03-08-2004 06:58 PM

Don't be disappointed, guys. If anyone watched Carter play for Edmonton and the Canadian World Champions last year, they know NYR and WSH were just a blurb. Saying Aulin has potential and Carter is marginal is plain ignorant. Carter was leading the Oilers in scoring when he got traded last year. He needs the right situation. Carter also scored the OT goal in Canada's win and was consistently mentioned as a player to be on Canada's World Cup team, but he got off to a bad foot under Sather, and they never saw eye-to-eye.

If Aulin misses basically an entire season as a young prospect, that doesn't bode well for us as an organization as a whole seeing as how we aren't exactly the healthiest team out there. Carter will compete for us!

zeppelin97 03-08-2004 06:59 PM

What the **** is Dave Taylor doing? I hate this trade. I wanted the Kings to push hard this summer to sign Glen Murray, but now its impossible to sign him.

Now the Kings are stuck with a slower, lazier pylon similar to stumpel. He's walking after next season (i hope) since its incomprehensible to re-sign him. And of course missing Aulin is a negative. Damn im so ****** pissed off!

palffytofrovlov 03-08-2004 06:59 PM

I am as surprised as anyone on this deal.... Aulin was hand picked by DT when we traded Blake, I guess they think Aulin will never be a 2nd line player and always gets injured, also they want AC to help Allison stay if he ever stays healthy just the way Stumple came to the Kings for Palffy..... We will see... like others say, every says DT doesn't do this or that... and when he does people still complain lets just wait and see... DT still has 1st round pick this year and has alot of Forwards still in the organization. I :handclap: for trying.....

The VEGASKING 03-08-2004 07:01 PM

I'm not broken up about losing Aulin but Carter is not what we need. Hopefully we pull a Boston and get Witt in a seperate trade since they didnt get him in this one.

punchy1 03-08-2004 07:10 PM

Luc/Army/Carter
Frolov/Stumpel/Straka
Brown/Camms/Klatt (?)
Avery/Ebell/Lappy.

I like what it does for our top line. I reckon our second line set as well as our energy line and only think that the rookie Klatt line gets better as well.

Murray will probably go,

Luc/Army/Straka
Frolov/Stumpel/Carter (giving the line the banger it needs, i guess)
Lappy/Avery/Klatt
Pirnes/Ebell/Brown. (or at least I hope he demotes Ebell as he is killing us in our own end).

We do have loads of grand lads still and it isn't like we gave up our best, it is just how long Carter will be a King that troubles me. I also reckon that if he is to go, it would be as an RFA so we would get well compensated.

LuckyLUC20 03-08-2004 07:15 PM

Didn't see this one coming! Wow, I think Carter will do just fine here. He'll definitely be motivated. As others have already pointed out, he probably wanted to come here anyway since he lives here.

I agree with punchy's lines there ... I'd like to see Carter paired with Stumpel and Frolov as well.

Game Misconduct 03-08-2004 07:17 PM

I have never been a big Carter fan, but I like the trade. Armstrong's emergence has made it awfully tough for Aulin to crack the lineup, and Carter brings needed speed and scoring ability. Hopefully he'll land on a line that works for him.

punchy1 03-08-2004 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeppelin97
What the **** is Dave Taylor doing? I hate this trade. I wanted the Kings to push hard this summer to sign Glen Murray, but now its impossible to sign him.

Now the Kings are stuck with a slower, lazier pylon similar to stumpel. He's walking after next season (i hope) since its incomprehensible to re-sign him. And of course missing Aulin is a negative. Damn im so ****** pissed off!

You would rather have Murray back than Carter? Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that one. I know Murray has done very well in Boston but, he isn't asked to play both ends of the ice often either. He isn't a liabillity but he certainly isn't considered to be close to solid.

I love Aulin and even like Carter but would rather have either of them of Murray.

(v17)
I also think it is wrong to call posters ignorant because they have a different point of view to yours. None of us know anything more than anyone else here and our opinions are all equally valid, even though they are different.