HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   All Stars Experience in Montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=599612)

Mise en echec 01-26-2009 05:59 PM

All Stars Experience in Montreal

Do you think that now that the all stars of the league have felt the atmosphere of Montreal that they'll be more likely to sign with Les Glorieux?

GoneAway 01-26-2009 06:02 PM

I would of hoped so...but see this http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=599466

shamrun 01-27-2009 11:49 AM

i think he enjoyed the all star game:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=e55muGzKK5o

Canadian_Brewtality 01-27-2009 11:54 AM

wont make a difference, as if players didnt know that montreal was hockey crazy.

the same problems still exist:

-terribly invasive french media
-huge taxes
-not allowing children to get schooled in english after grade 6

and so on, until those are all addressed or at least 2 of 3, nothing will ever change.

MTL-rules 01-27-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 17558731)
wont make a difference, as if players didnt know that montreal was hockey crazy.

-huge taxes

and so on, until those are all addressed or at least 2 of 3, nothing will ever change.

Forget about the last two...

For these so-called "huge taxes" we get services and Montreal is the safest of all big cities in North America...

As for the 3rd one, if the player isn't Quebecois he shouldn't have much problem getting his kid to an english school... and we won't change our law for a stupid hockey game!

...as for the "french media", the "english media" in TO are as bad...

If the players are little ***** than yes it's a problem, other than that, the main reason why players didn't come here was that for several year this team sucked...

AlexMeth 01-27-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

-huge taxes

The french media thing doesn't apply to all players. Do you think Komisarek has a probleme with the "invasive french media"?

That being said, the 2 others are valid.

Habs 4 Life 01-27-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacioretty set GO (Post 17549916)
Do you think that now that the all stars of the league have felt the atmosphere of Montreal that they'll be more likely to sign with Les Glorieux?

No and they didn't need the all star game to know we are the craziest crowd in the league.Politics and other crap like the paparazzi and **** have to do with this.

I keep saying it but unless we trade for a superstar I doubt anyone will sign here.The only one we we're able to sign in the last couple of years is Hamrlik and he asked his agent to play for 1 of the 6 Canadian teams so he knew what he was getting into and he must like the fact that he plays in front of a crowd that actually knows what's going on and doesn't need the announcer to say... OFF SIDE,ICING....

CastroLeRobot 01-27-2009 01:11 PM

The last one doesn't really apply to foreign workers. They would have to be considered residents of Quebec for the law to apply to them. Also, they can still go to a private english school that doesn't get government subsidies.

In the case where the players are considered residents (let's say after multi-year contracts or whatever...) I don't see how having the opportunity to school your children in a foreign language for a couple of years is a bad thing. Rich people actually pay money to send their Kids abroad for a schoolyear or two to learn a new language, at least, they do in Europe

Quote:

-huge taxes

Kriss E 01-27-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

-huge taxes

It's called private schools. I strongly doubt any millionaire sends its kids to a public school.

It's not like Quebecers are renowned for their great french. Most of them still don't know that it's ''parce que'' and not ''a cause que''. they butcher the French language, it's pathetic. Wow, way off topic, my bad.

But ya, they send their kids to private shools. The language barrier is not a big one. Would you prohibit yourself to working in a city because the official language is not one you speak, even if it's very easy to get by in english?

I also know very little rich person that don't want their kids to learn other languages. Knowledge is power.