HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Whom to trade (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=599673)

BaseballCoach 01-26-2009 09:05 PM

Whom to trade

Clearly, it is time to trade Alexei Kovalev. After the ASG performance, his value is at an all-time high. As many posters who called for PK Subban to be traded last week remarked, trading a guy when his asset value is high is the best time to profit from the market.

Accordingly, I call for the trading of Kovalev, Gorges, Lapierre, Lang, Kostopoulos, Pacioretty, Price and Andrei K. And of course, PK.

Another good time to trade players is when they disappoint us. The idea is to trade your garbage before others realize their skills aren't what they were previously reputed to be. This is the logic that calls for trading Higgins, Plekanec, Sergei K., Hamrlik, Koivu, Laraque, Begin, Dandenault, Bouillon, Brisebois, even d'Agostini now that he has stopped scoring.

Good young players loved by some fans are often included in trade wishes in order for that player to "get out from under" the management that is not appreciating them enough to give them starring roles. This has prompted calls to trade players like Halak and Chipchura.

Needless to say, it is important to trade players about to become UFA, lest they walk for no return at all to the club. Look at the utter disaster that has befallen the Habs ever since they "let Sheldon Souray go". It is IMPERATIVE, therefore, to deal Tanguay and Komisarek as soon as posbbile and for as much as we can get.

I was going to keep Markov, but I'm pretty sure he'll demand a trade once we move the others, so I guess he will have to go, too.

Go away Habs Go!

Iwishihadacup 01-26-2009 09:06 PM

aahahhahhaa nice one!!!

you were joking right?!!?

trading Komisarek and Tanguay when we are clearly in a cup run?

RE-HABS 01-26-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballCoach (Post 17552242)
Clearly, it is time to trade Alexei Kovalev. After the ASG performance, his value is at an all-time high. As many posters who called for PK Subban to be traded last week remarked, trading a guy when his asset value is high is the best time to profit friom the market.

Accordingly, I call for the trading of Kovalev, Gorges, Lapierre, Lang, Kostopoulos, Pacioretty, Price and Andrei K. And of course, PK.

Another good time to trade players is when they disappoint us. The idea is to trade your garbage before others realize their skills aren't what they were previously reputed to be. This is the logic that calls for trading Higgins, Plekanec, Sergei K., Hamrlik, Koivu, Laraque, Begin, Dandenault, Bouillon, Brisebois, even d'Agostini now that he has stopped scoring.

Good young players loved by some fans are often included in trade wishes in order for that player to "get out from under" the management that is not appreciating them enough to give them starring roles. This has prompted calls to trade players like Halak and Chipchura.

Needless to say, it is important to trade players about to become UFA, lest they walk for no return at all to the club. Look at the utter disaster that has befallen the Habs ever since they "let Sheldon Souray go". It is IMPERATIVE, therefore, to deal Tanguay and Komisarek as soon as posbbile and for as much as we can get.

Go away Habs Go!

How does one's value go up in a game where no one is hitting or trying that hard?

When will the lock be in????

Le Tricolore 01-26-2009 09:07 PM

Stick to baseball, coach.

Beaker 01-26-2009 09:07 PM

No thank you. Resign him.

BaseballCoach 01-26-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 17552273)
When will the lock be in????

Could we lock up all the stupid threads calling to trade everyone instead?

Agnostic 01-26-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Clearly, it is time to trade Alexei Kovalev. After the ASG performance, his value is at an all-time high. As many posters who called for PK Subban to be traded last week remarked, trading a guy when his asset value is high is the best time to profit friom the market.

Go away Habs Go!

You splashed me with your dripping sarcasm. It's acidic and burned through my clothes.

You've motivated me to start a "stand pat" thread just to see if I can get the thread locked out of it's controversy.

how many will you reel in?

Iwishihadacup 01-26-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballCoach (Post 17552331)
Could we lock up all the stupid threads calling to trade everyone instead?

oh the irony...

Fozz 01-26-2009 09:14 PM

This is "Hockey's Future"... Now never matters here! The Habs should trade any player above 25 years old for prospects and draft picks. That's all that really matters in hockey, after all.

Watsatheo 01-26-2009 09:17 PM

There is so much sarcasm in the OP it almost gave me a concussion.

red alert 23 01-26-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 17552275)
Stick to baseball, coach.

God you should see him coach... Worse than his hockey comments

JHabs 01-26-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Clearly, it is time to trade Alexei Kovalev. After the ASG performance, his value is at an all-time high. As many posters who called for PK Subban to be traded last week remarked, trading a guy when his asset value is high is the best time to profit from the market.

I was going to keep Markov, but I'm pretty sure he'll demand a trade once we move the others, so I guess he will have to go, too.

Go away Habs Go!

Such a post....does not merit words but merely a ..http://i44.tinypic.com/2ev96xj.jpg

BaseballCoach 01-26-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earl the habs fan (Post 17552347)
You splashed me with your dripping sarcasm. It's acidic and burned through my clothes.

You've motivated me to start a "stand pat" thread just to see if I can get the thread locked out of it's controversy.

how many will you reel in?

A few, I'm sure. But only because folks are so used to seeing everyone's name in trade rumours, usually for the wrong reasons, that the post may be believable to some. It's really not their fault!

Le Tricolore 01-26-2009 09:25 PM

Lone Rogue 01-26-2009 09:26 PM

While we're at it, fire Trevor Timmins, Bob Gainey and Guy Carbonneau. Clearly we could save on their contracts and pick up younger, feistier administration.

zurg999 01-26-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 17552271)
aahahhahhaa nice one!!!

you were joking right?!!?

trading Komisarek and Tanguay when we are clearly in a cup run?

Sucked you in like a black hole. aahahhahhaa nice one!!!

Bobby G 01-26-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 17552559)

ummm, just wondering... what the hell is that? Hahaha

Beaker 01-26-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

What a fail.

Charley_5054 01-26-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

I LMAO at the randomness of this video

:biglaugh:

Habs83 01-26-2009 09:49 PM

Maybe trade youppi?:dunno:

He's obviously too old to be here.

j c petit 01-26-2009 09:58 PM

BaseballCoach=J.C.Lajoie

Kriss E 01-26-2009 09:59 PM

Am I the only one who realized BC was being sarcastic..??

Vinceee 01-26-2009 10:01 PM

i enjoy bc

Watsatheo 01-26-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyG (Post 17552625)
ummm, just wondering... what the hell is that? Hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montrealistic (Post 17552635)
What a fail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charley_5054 (Post 17552882)
I LMAO at the randomness of this video

:biglaugh:

It's the Wicker Man. I downloaded the movie 'cause I honestly thought it was a comedy from all the videos people sent me. Jesus Price was I wrong. Arguably worst movie ever. These are literally the best part of the movie.

Seb 01-26-2009 10:14 PM

I wouldn't be against trading Kovalev tbh, but that's just me.