HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   GDT: Game # 49 - 1/27/09 - New York Rangers VS. Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00 PM MSG (HD) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=599792)

hpNYR 01-27-2009 10:28 AM

Game # 49 - 1/27/09 - New York Rangers VS. Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00 PM MSG (HD)
 
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...Untitled-1.gif

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/minibanner/CAR.gif
@
http://cdn.nhl.com/images/minibanner/NYR.gif

2008-2009 Team Stats
CAR-------NYR
51 : Points: 60
23 : Wins: 28
2 : Shutouts: 3
25 : Power Play Rank: 27
25 : Penalty Kill Rank: 1
.563 : Win % When Leading After 1: .583
.800 : Win % When Leading After 2: .882
.250 : Win % When Trailing After 1: .421
.222 : Win % When Trailing After 2: .263


Quote:

I think the later in the season it gets, the more intense and the more fast the games get because the standings are so tight, observed defenseman Marc Staal, who notched a pair of goals in the NHLs YoungStars contest on Saturday night. Like last year, were looking forward to a good second half. Weve just got to throw some wins together early and hopefully dont give the teams that are down there now a chance to breathe.
This for some good ol time memories, and current good-luck


LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...Untitled-1.gif

Synergy27 01-27-2009 10:35 AM

Several sources, including http://goaliepost.com/ have Vally as the starter tonight. Makes sense to me, let's hope the rest of the team picks up where they left off.

Blue Regime 01-27-2009 10:41 AM

Lets go Rangers!!! Should be an easy 2 points if they keep their momentum going and play like they were going into the break (minus the Pitt game).

RangerFan10 01-27-2009 10:49 AM

Hope they don't come out flat after a week off

HockeyBasedNYC 01-27-2009 11:04 AM

Same could be said for Carolina.

Just win this home game, got a very tough pair of road games coming up to end the month.

So far in January they've gone 5-3-1, so if they can get that 6th win, in my estimation this month will be a success. They can't do any worse than a .583 point percentage. Any more points against the Pens and the Bruins will show that this team is gunning for the division and not just the playoffs. We'll see about that.

Going into to January most thought anywhere from 9-12 points could be a reality with the quality of opponents. That still could be a reality, but here we are with 3 left and they've already gotten 11. Its important they take those 2 points tonight heading into the Igloo where they've had problems lately

NYR Lunchbox 01-27-2009 11:10 AM

lets go boys ill be in the building 2night show me why i bleed blue and hopefully have somethin good 2 say 2 vally at the signing on thurs

hpNYR 01-27-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Update, 11:07 a.m.: So I was half right. Or half wrong. Lauri Korpikoski is in, and will skate on a line with Nigel Dawes and Chris Drury. But Petr Prucha is in fact out again, meaning Aaron Voros will skate on a line with Brandon Dubinsky and Nikolai Zherdev.

“It’s specific of what our team needs,” Tom Renney said of the lineup decision, referring mostly to Voros’ size.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Loffen 01-27-2009 11:35 AM

Riot incoming... :biglaugh:

NYR Sting 01-27-2009 11:39 AM

****ing Voros. Ugh.

Melrose_Jr. 01-27-2009 11:40 AM

Just keep 'em moving and I don't have a problem with it. Prucha's on deck, waiting for someone to open the door for his return.

ThirdEye 01-27-2009 11:44 AM

Well, at least Korpikoski is in

In The Flesh 01-27-2009 11:50 AM

Voros :facepalm:

he sucks

levski87 01-27-2009 11:53 AM

Renney is a moron. Complete moron.

Voros is bigger but has the offensive capabilities of a 2 year old and the balance on his skates make him really not so "strong" on them.

Prucha can create some offense as seen in the past 9 games. You can't keep taking him out of the lineup and putting him back in.

Please trade Prucha. Let the man play. Send him to the Islanders, he'll get plenty of time there.

HockeyBasedNYC 01-27-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:


“It’s specific of what our team needs,” Tom Renney said of the lineup decision, referring mostly to Voros’ size.

Uh, Carolina is a fast team. Why would you want a slow, lumbering, penalty taking, unbalanced, can't catch up to his linemates player against them?

It doesnt make sense to me. Prucha actually adds something offensively and has been doing very well on the defensive side of the puck during the few games hes been back.

Renney said the same thing last game about why he put Voros in, but the previous game against Anahiem he played a total of 7 and 1/2 minutes. The last game against the Ducks he was in the box half that game and only played 8 minutes ES. In His 3 minutes of powerplay time (why you would reward someone for taking 3 penalties, 1 leading to a tying goal is a whole different strory) he showed absolutely nothing.. despite the rangers scoring on the other two pp units. So how is he "specific" to what the team needs?? Especially if hes not even playing enough time to make a mark on the game (other than putting the Rangers down a man)

Oh well, somethings never change. Hopefully they are showcasing him.

Maineice11 01-27-2009 12:05 PM

I was just about to post something about Renney dressing voros over prucha, but then I noticed everyone covered all the bases of it already and i completely agree, this is not right! Can we please trade Voros and a couple others for a good physical offensive force and get a 7th dman up here!

Son of Steinbrenner 01-27-2009 12:27 PM

What did Prucha do to stay in the lineup?

Forget how bad Voros played his last game, and somebody answer that question....It's not like Renney is taking out Mike Gartner here....

Pruchas play tailed off after his little streak......I'd rather see Fritsche in the lineup over both Voros and Prucha simply because Voros and Prucha have been given chances this year....

I think it's obvious that Renney wants somebody to screen the goaltender on the power play....that's why it's Voros that's playing...

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-27-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levski87 (Post 17557809)
Renney is a moron. Complete moron.

Voros is bigger but has the offensive capabilities of a 2 year old and the balance on his skates make him really not so "strong" on them.

Prucha can create some offense as seen in the past 9 games. You can't keep taking him out of the lineup and putting him back in.

Please trade Prucha. Let the man play. Send him to the Islanders, he'll get plenty of time there.

He's trying to get something out of a guy the team is paying for the next three years — how exactly is that a moronic move?

Personally, I think its mandatory that Voros work with whoever turned Jason Ward into a good skater this summer.

levski87 01-27-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 17558352)
He's trying to get something out of a guy the team is paying for the next three years how exactly is that a moronic move?

Personally, I think its mandatory that Voros work with whoever turned Jason Ward into a good skater this summer.

What is he going to get out of him?

IF Voros is to succeed on this team he needs to learn to stay on his skates. He brings down his line and he adds no offensive ability, but yet he should play because hes bigger than Prucha vs. a fast team? How does that even make sense? Its obvious Prucha is in the doghouse and if he isn't getting ppg he just isn't going to play. Meanwhile you have the AHLer Voros playing because hes over 6'0 feet.


What has Prucha done to sit out of the lineup?

5 Points in 9 games?

HockeyBasedNYC 01-27-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 17558312)
What did Prucha do to stay in the lineup?

Forget how bad Voros played his last game, and somebody answer that question....It's not like Renney is taking out Mike Gartner here....

Pruchas play tailed off after his little streak......I'd rather see Fritsche in the lineup over both Voros and Prucha simply because Voros and Prucha have been given chances this year....

I think it's obvious that Renney wants somebody to screen the goaltender on the power play....that's why it's Voros that's playing...

Jees, thats convenient for your argument. Ok, so lets throw out Pruchas last 2 games then.

??? What has Voros done to stay in the lineup? I'd love to hear this one.

:shakehead

Section311 01-27-2009 12:49 PM

Lets Go Rangers:handclap:

Son of Steinbrenner 01-27-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 17558649)
Jees, thats convenient for your argument. Ok, so lets throw out Pruchas last 2 games then.

??? What has Voros done to stay in the lineup? I'd love to hear this one.

:shakehead

ok......

what did prucha do in the 07 playoffs?

what did prucha do last season?

what did prucha do in the 08 playoffs?

what did prucha do this season?


this is fun......

You know what you are getting with Voros......these games are to important to hope that the good prucha shows up....for all the talk about his effort his last stint it tailed off very quickly....

guess you didn't actually read my post about how i think Fritsche should be in the lineup over both Voros and Prucha.....oh well..

DontStepanMe 01-27-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 17558649)
Jees, thats convenient for your argument. Ok, so lets throw out Pruchas last 2 games then.

??? What has Voros done to stay in the lineup? I'd love to hear this one.

:shakehead

helped us get penalties so our PK keeps getting the practice to stay in tip top shape.

DontStepanMe 01-27-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 17558725)
ok......

what did prucha do in the 07 playoffs?

what did prucha do last season?

what did prucha do in the 08 playoffs?

what did prucha do this season?


this is fun......

You know what you are getting with Voros......these games are to important to hope that the good prucha shows up....for all the talk about his effort his last stint it tailed off very quickly....


crap is what your getting... that's the problem

at least Prucha can sometimes pot some goals, or make a play.

I'm not a prucha fan by any means, but Voros is awful and should never touch NHL ice. In fact he wouldn't even be a top 6 player in the AHL. Maybe... just maybe ECHL if theres an injury.

I can understand benching prucha... I cannot understand playing Voros.

Son of Steinbrenner 01-27-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rags225 (Post 17558764)
crap is what your getting... that's the problem

at least Prucha can sometimes pot some goals, or make a play.I'm not a prucha fan by any means, but Voros is awful and should never touch NHL ice. In fact he wouldn't even be a top 6 player in the AHL. Maybe... just maybe ECHL if theres an injury.

I can understand benching prucha... I cannot understand playing Voros.

which has happened so often the past 3 seasons...

if prucha was signed as a free agent after his 30 goal season people would be calling for him to be waived right now....this emotional attachment to prucha (not calling you out rags but others) is mind-boggling to me....

DontStepanMe 01-27-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 17558888)
which has happened so often the past 3 seasons...

if prucha was signed as a free agent after his 30 goal season people would be calling for him to be waived right now....this emotional attachment to prucha (not calling you out rags but others) is mind-boggling to me....

like I said, i have no problems w/ Prucha being benched. I just have problems w/ Voros in the lineup.

I actually feel that Prucha (despite being small) does more for us in the lineup than Voros.

The entire season I thought that Fritsche should have gotten a shot over both to see what he can do, but he was just waived.

So now I hope we bring up Ani, move Capt Cash to wing, and bench both Prucha and Voros.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.