HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   OT: Superbowl XLIII - Pittsburgh vs. Arizona (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=600369)

Shape 01-28-2009 03:38 PM

Superbowl XLIII - Pittsburgh vs. Arizona

Big game is just a few days away.

It's still kind of hard to believe AZ made it, but hey, they're playing great right now.

I'm interested to see how the Cards high octane offense will match up with the fantastic defense of the Steelers.

I really don't have a prediction. I could see it going either way. I'de like to see AZ win because Warner is just a class act and it would be a great story. Plus I don't want Pitt having 6 rings.

I really just hope it's a good game.

cjod86 01-28-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape (Post 17584000)

It's still kind of hard to believe AZ made it, but hey, they're playing great right now.

I'm interested to see how the Cards high octane offense will match up with the fantastic defense of the Steelers.

I really don't have a prediction. I could see it going either way. I'de like to see AZ win because Warner is just a class act and it would be a great story. Plus I don't want Pitt having 6 rings.

I think that is the clear consensus from Niners and Cowboys fans.

I think it is going to be a good game. I wanted to put some money on it, but its hard. 7 points is a great spread for this game. A couple points less and I would for sure take the steelers. A couple points more and I would be takin' the Cardinals.

But as long as we get to see Fitz catch 2 bombs while being covered by the entire Pittsburgh secondary, I will be a happy man on Sunday.

CrazedZooChimp 01-28-2009 03:51 PM

Gotta root for the undedog. If the Cards do well I'll actually have hope the niners could be good in the near future too. Also Roth is horribly overrated...

Nighthock 01-28-2009 03:54 PM

Won't be watching ... haven't really payed attention all season. I do, however, want the Steelers to win. The Cardinals cannot win ... it will mean Hell has officially frozen over.

Shape 01-28-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjod86 (Post 17584182)

But as long as we get to see Fitz catch 2 bombs while being covered by the entire Pittsburgh secondary, I will be a happy man on Sunday.

Polamalu and Fitzgerald should be a sick matchup.

osgoodshlatters 01-28-2009 04:02 PM

GOOOOOOOOO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dislike the steelers. my roommate is a steelers fan so i cant wait to rub it in his face if they lose :)

NeverSayNever 01-28-2009 04:09 PM

No Pittsburgh.
No 6th ring.

ARIZONA ALL THE WAY!!!

On top of that, I would like to see a team on the western part (except SoCal) of the country win something for a change.

Phillies, Celtics, Wings.... what else.... I think San Jose lost Arena Football to Philadelphia team as well.
Also I have cousins in Arizona, so no brainer for me.

rekrul 01-28-2009 04:19 PM

As a stiller fan from before the 1st SB can't wait to see em get a shot at the six pack. My head and heart are with a Black and Gold victory, but the head says bet the Cards the game should be closer than 7. In fact Big Ben will probably need another crazy 4th quarter comback again. A lot depends on Ward's ability to make his routes- he is their go to WR on 3rd downs. 27-24 the Burgh but if Arizona wins I can take it, it was more fun seeing them beat the tar out of the Purple Ratbirds last week.

Funny of the hate I see ( not here so much but on most football boards ) for a Org that just is classy, humble and really just knows what they are doing and wins. No TO like Prima donnas', No crumudgen like Bilichek to run up scores, No thugs like ray lewis. Just a hard punishing team that plays solid football and builds through the draft and un noticed FAs. I guess if you want you can hate Steelernation because the winning makes many of us obnoxious bores, fine you all just hate because you are jealous:p:

WebMistress 01-28-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjod86 (Post 17584182)

I second this. I third this.

Somewhere, Tillman is smiling. And also pissed that he isnt here to play.

Mr Scarface* 01-28-2009 05:34 PM

Yeah I'ma put some money on this pitch and try to get some of dat jelly on my bread you know what I'm saying. So that's how I'ma check this pitch out you heard me, keep my eyez open you know what I'm talkin bout.

Tomahawk214 01-28-2009 05:34 PM

I wanted Philly to win it this year, so I don't like the Cards, but i've always had a deep-seeded hate of the Steelers. I hope they both lose.

TheGooooch 01-28-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebMistress (Post 17584745)
I second this. I third this.

Somewhere, Tillman is smiling. And also pissed that he isnt here to play.

RIP Pat.

I want the Cards to win. Flat out. Steelers can't have 6 wins.

I like the back story to this game. Wisenhunt was the offensive coordinator for the Steelers and know the defensive coordinator well and vica versa.

TheSlapper 01-28-2009 06:11 PM

Whoever wins I just hope its a great game. I want to be entertained.
I want to see huge hits.

Persian88 01-28-2009 06:20 PM

larry fitzgerald... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

gonna be hard...impossible?.....for polomalu to stop him.

The Nemesis 01-28-2009 06:24 PM

*turns on the broken record*

if you don't like the thread, stay out of it. No one's forcing you to read it. And if you don't want to see it, use the "ignore thread" feature.

Thanks

*turns off the broken record*

YungGunner94 01-28-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape (Post 17584000)

I've been a Cardinals fan since Jake Plummer and Kwamie Lassiter were tearing it up. So this is huge, HUGE for me. Either way I'll be in tears at the end of the game.

I hope Boldin and Fitz go Crazy.

Shape 01-28-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSlapper (Post 17586499)
I want to see huge hits.

:laugh: Oh lawd. I read that as something totally different at first.

So, anybody going to/throwing any Superbowl parties? I kind of wish it was on a Saturday so I could really go balls out.

Mr Scarface* 01-28-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSlapper (Post 17586499)
I want to be entertained.

"Are you not entertained?" :laugh:

Also that superbowl before the last one.... now that was the **** right there!!!

Mr Irrelevant 01-28-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YungGunner94 (Post 17586701)
I've been a Cardinals fan since Jake Plummer and Kwamie Lassiter were tearing it up. So this is huge, HUGE for me. Either way I'll be in tears at the end of the game.

I hope Boldin and Fitz go Crazy.

I'm with you (though I started cheering for the Cards at the start of the Denny Green era). Lassiter is the best for returning kicks in the old Madden games from around 2002. If I don't get a title from either the Cards or Sharks this year I am going to be bitterly disappointed.

Kitten Mittons 01-28-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 17586674)
*turns on the broken record*

if you don't like the thread, stay out of it. No one's forcing you to read it. And if you don't want to see it, use the "ignore thread" feature.

Thanks

*turns off the broken record*

Aaaww.... well, I guess I'll join the party then.
Go PITTSBURGH!!! Football is awesome! :yo::sarcasm:

MrCowGod15 01-28-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape (Post 17586834)
:laugh: Oh lawd. I read that as something totally different at first.

Seconded :laugh:

I really don't care who wins all that much. Although, as a niners fan, I'd rather not have Pitt win #6.

Admiral* 01-28-2009 11:35 PM

I'm glad the Cardinals are actually doing something. At least I can finally pick my head up out of shame and I get to host my first Super Bowl party. Super Bowl, beer, friends, and beer. Awesome.

Pure Rock Fury* 01-28-2009 11:42 PM

I can't fathom how people aren't cheering on Arizona. Although, I always am a sucker for underdogs.

DarKarTs 01-28-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Rock Fury (Post 17593076)
I can't fathom how people aren't cheering on Arizona. Although, I always am a sucker for underdogs.

49ers fan here.

Pure Rock Fury* 01-28-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKarTs (Post 17593252)
49ers fan here.

Well why would you cheer on another franchise that would pass the niners to become sole owner of most super bowl wins?