HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Confirmed Signing with Link: Forsberg signs with MODO (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=601017)

Nacho 01-30-2009 06:32 AM

Forsberg signs with MODO

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle4296511.ab

Helping out his motherclub to stay in the "Eliteserien"

video (swedish)
http://modo.hockeyligan.se/?contentid=709390918657

DarKarTs 01-30-2009 06:34 AM

What the hell...

Bumjoo Wang* 01-30-2009 06:42 AM

At least he's back playing hockey. Would have loved to see him back in the NHL though..

Oshie97 01-30-2009 06:46 AM

That's surprising,can he still go to a contender for a cup run? I can only wonder what he could have accomplished if he had stayed healthy through his career.

sillygoose 01-30-2009 06:46 AM

that link roughly translated from google
Quote:

Debuting against Skellefteċ

Peter Forsberg is writing for Modo - but BOUNCE LG Hockey Games.

- Yes, I have made my decision. I have written for Modo and hopefully I can play first match against Skellefteċ home after the break, says Foppa to sportbladet.se

Foppa has press conference at 15 this afternoon.

But already sportbladet.se detection Foppa future.

Sensational comeback in Modo in winter - but no games in the LG Hockey Games.
More important to practice with Modo

- Had I chosen NHL, I had played in the LG Hockey Games. Then it would have been good to get some matches before I went over. But that situation is now it feels important to be home and train with the national team Modo during recess.

What made you decide you?

- The time ran out and I still is not completely one hundred that I can play. But I am optimistic. The foot feels better than when I went over and played with Colorado last spring anyway. I have managed to get rid of the problems to the foot game, while I do not want to take something out in advance.
Modo only option outside NHL

- But it feels right to play in Modo because it was the only option outside the NHL. I could have expected, but it feels good to have taken this decision. It is all a bit heavy for Colorado, and in Philadelphia it was standing problems with the foot when I was there last, so I did not want to expose myself again.

How many clubs were interested in the NHL except the two?

- I do not know. it could never go so far.

Mats Wennerholm
Mats Wennerholm

You went through a fairly extensive, new fotoperatiion last fall?

- Yes, it was a fairly large operation. It was not so that you went home the day after just. It feels better than last time I made a comeback, but I still can not say that it is completely a hundred.

- But is everything all right I play at home against Skellefteċ February 12. Later on, I do not see.

But now you suddenly assets for the World Championships in Switzerland?

- Yes, but I do not speculate in everyone. So far I am not at all. It is here and now in force.

Sony Eriksson* 01-30-2009 06:46 AM

But Eklund said it was an (e3) that he would sign with Philly....:sarcasm:

sbutler66 01-30-2009 06:47 AM

Is there a get out clause for the NHL if he wanted to? (sorry can't read Swedish)

- nevermind, some beat my post to it! Anyway, I hope he stays healthy!

Forsbergwannabe 01-30-2009 06:53 AM

He basicly says time was running out for him to play in the NHL since he wasnt 100 percent sure he could play yet.
He is still not certain he can play now either though, but he is optimistic as he feels better then he did last season with Colorado.

Modo was the only alternativ outside of nhl and Colorado things arent going well and he didnt wanna risk having foot problems yet again in Philly.
He says he doesnt know how many NHL clubs were after him because it never came that far.

It was a large operation but as he said he feels better this time and he might be ready for World championships but he doesnt wanna think about it yet.
He hopes to play the first game februrary 12.

Edit: I did manual translation but google seems fairly accurat actually.

4rde 01-30-2009 06:55 AM

Well better for him to play in Elitserien first... then if he gets himself 100% percent there he can come back to NHL and wont miss every second game.

Although, i believe this was it for his NHL career.

Biggzy* 01-30-2009 07:10 AM

Thank god. Now I don't have to hear Foppa (which is the most retarded name ever btw) to the Rangers anymore.

Saved* 01-30-2009 07:14 AM

He can't come back to the NHL. He signed with an oversea's club and he'll have to go through re-entry waivers. I don't think he'll come back to play for the Islanders or something...

LennyV 01-30-2009 07:21 AM

I like this news. I'm a fan of his but would've been driven insane if the next couple of weeks were to be filled up with 'where will peter sign'-speculations. MoDo will have patience with him, if he plays well they might have a good run for the SEL-championship, he might play in the World Championship and after that he can sign for Avs or Philly during the summer. If his foot stays well of course...

danishh 01-30-2009 07:34 AM

probably saw that the avs chances wernt that good this year and didnt want to go anywhere else. Is modo really close to relegation this year? That would be pretty big incentive for him to help them out..

IslesNorway 01-30-2009 07:48 AM

It's probably "last chance saloon" for him. If it doesn't work out now he'll retire, if it works fine he'll be back in the NHL next season.

KRM 01-30-2009 07:50 AM

lol, I almost started a thread yesterday stating that Forsberg would sign with Modo. No way in hell he would let his beloved mother club risk relegation, which would have serious consequences on their economy and possibly endanger their existence as a club (as perfectly exampled by Malmö yesterday).

svartgul 01-30-2009 08:10 AM

Debut game against my team. Interesting, but I wonder in what kind of shape he is in. I wonder if he can help modo, they suck this season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzy (Post 17616039)
Thank god. Now I don't have to hear Foppa (which is the most retarded name ever btw) to the Rangers anymore.

It's less retarded in Sweden, also Foppa is soooo like 1996 here.

smon 01-30-2009 08:20 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...-comeback.html

Says NHL is not an option, and if he plays, will only return to MoDo.

El Maestro 01-30-2009 08:24 AM

Nice for him, I really hope for him that he will finish his career without too much injuries.

jumptheshark 01-30-2009 08:26 AM

looks like he is done with the NHL

Rob Nieds work ethic 01-30-2009 08:35 AM

Good to see he's going to play. I would've love to see him in the NHL again though.

svartgul 01-30-2009 08:35 AM

Forsberg onward to the Worlds!! If he plays then we will finally get a few NHL players to contribute for once. If either Sundin or Forsberg accepts the call of duty than all other (tired spoiled NHL stars) will follow.

Jag68Sid87 01-30-2009 08:38 AM

As soon as MODO's season is over, he becomes eligible to play in the NHL again. There may still be time if his foot holds up.

PensFan101 01-30-2009 08:55 AM

Good for Peter. He's done it all, and now he gets to help his home club. I'm sure MODO is extremely happy right now, because if he can contribute, they should stay well clear of Kvalserien. With so many teams lumped together near the bottom of the table, any advantage could be the difference for them.

Raggamuffin 01-30-2009 09:30 AM

Great! All the best Foppa!

bohlmeister 01-30-2009 09:32 AM

Oh no. Now who is going to save the Avalanche.