HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Boston -Ottowa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=601260)

yohan1212 01-30-2009 06:00 PM

Boston -Ottowa
 
I would like the B's to make a small trade to shore up on grit/toughness in their forward unit b4 playoffs. they have thornton and lucic and thats about it in terms of guys hard to play against up front. They like rolling 4 lines so a player would need some talent to play. so My proposal:

Lashoff (decent prospect but doesnt seem to be fitting in here)

for

Chris Neil.

I would love a 4th line of Neil - Sobatka - thornton. That would be a crash line that could be very hard to play against come playoffs.

Dick Whitman 01-30-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yohan1212 (Post 17624926)
I would like the B's to make a small trade to shore up on grit/toughness in their forward unit b4 playoffs. they have thornton and lucic and thats about it in terms of guys hard to play against up front. They like rolling 4 lines so a player would need some talent to play. so My proposal:

Lashoff (decent prospect but doesnt seem to be fitting in here)

for

Chris Neil.

I would love a 4th line of Neil - Sobatka - thornton. That would be a crash line that could be very hard to play against come playoffs.

I think the Sens take that only if they can't work something out with Neil but that is more than fair.

Lionheart 01-30-2009 06:11 PM

How has Lashoff looked recently? I remember being quite impressed with him in Kitchener, but haven't seen a whole lot lately.

It doesn't seem like a bad deal, only the divisional aspect may hamper it.

Nikita Filatov* 01-30-2009 06:15 PM

Lashoff for a 4th liner? No way...

yohan1212 01-30-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionheart (Post 17625131)
How has Lashoff looked recently? I remember being quite impressed with him in Kitchener, but haven't seen a whole lot lately.

It doesn't seem like a bad deal, only the divisional aspect may hamper it.

i believe he is back in providence. there is just no room for him here at this point. Hunwick came up and played great pretty much taking his spot.

yohan1212 01-30-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov (Post 17625174)
Lashoff for a 4th liner? No way...

I dont even see lashoff making the big show if he stays in boston. he was supposed to make the team for the last 3 years and didnt.

sgupca 01-30-2009 06:18 PM

works for both teams,

Lashoff doesn't fit (on Boston) only because they are too deep, but the Sens jump all over this offer IMO.

Nikita Filatov* 01-30-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgupca (Post 17625241)
works for both teams,

Lashoff doesn't fit (on Boston) only because they are too deep, but the Sens jump all over this offer IMO.

Just because "Lashoff doesn't fit" does not mean he should be sold on the cheap. He still has loads of potential. Lashoff for Kuba.

Dick Whitman 01-30-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov (Post 17625309)
Just because "Lashoff doesn't fit" does not mean he should be sold on the cheap. He still has loads of potential. Lashoff for Kuba.

Nope.

yohan1212 01-30-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov (Post 17625309)
Just because "Lashoff doesn't fit" does not mean he should be sold on the cheap. He still has loads of potential. Lashoff for Kuba.

Neil is actually a pretty good pickup. If he does get traded it wont be for garbage. it will be for a good prospect or high pick.

Nikita Filatov* 01-30-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yohan1212 (Post 17625409)
Neil is actually a pretty good pickup. If he does get traded it wont be for garbage. it will be for a good prospect or high pick.

Why trade one of our better prospects for another bottom line player?

At this point we have Noke, Sobotka, Thornton, Bitz, St. Pierre, Yelle, and a few other battling for 4th line minutes... That really just adds to clump.

yohan1212 01-30-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov (Post 17625481)
Why trade one of our better prospects for another bottom line player?

At this point we have Noke, Sobotka, Thornton, Bitz, St. Pierre, Yelle, and a few other battling for 4th line minutes... That really just adds to clump.

I really dont think lashoff will ever make the team here. I would take neil over Noke, bitz, st. piere, yelle etc. he is a better player than thornton and a great body checker which is something we lack big time in the foward position except for Lucic and occasionally sobotka. Imagine having him and Lucic on different lines. The opposing d-men would always be kinda cautious going into the corners for sure. banging consistenly over the game would cause alot of turnovers.

Abyss 01-30-2009 08:27 PM

I'm not a big fan of Lashoff, but I'd never want Neil on the Bruins - especially not for Neil.

We have Thornton, Neil doesn't add anything.

bigbadbruins1 01-30-2009 08:56 PM

boston has a lot of talent on the blue line, so I can see them doing this. neil would definitely help the bruins game in terms of toughness and hitting.
Then again...what is neil's salary (sorry, but I don't follow the sens like I do the B's). that could play a major role in this deal as well with krecji and kessel as RFAs.

BigCanadian 01-30-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 (Post 17628743)
Then again...what is neil's salary (sorry, but I don't follow the sens like I do the B's). that could play a major role in this deal as well with krecji and kessel as RFAs.

Chris Neil: Salary: $1.2M this year, Cap Hit: $1.1M. UFA at the end of this year. His prorated balance is probably around: $500K left cap hit.

bigbadbruins1 01-30-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCanadian (Post 17629138)
Chris Neil: Salary: $1.2M this year, Cap Hit: $1.1M. UFA at the end of this year. His prorated balance is probably around: $500K left cap hit.

I would do that. lashoff is a great player, but we have too much on the blueline to really keep him around. he'll end up as a top AHL player instead of a top 4 NHL defenseman, just like the jurchina to washington trade.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.