HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ryder Scores His 20th! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=60147)

#44_delivers 03-09-2004 12:36 AM

Ryder Scores His 20th!

good job ryder, its been a while since we had a high class and skilled rookie like you.

he'll only get better baby :D :yo:

btw last hab to score 20 goals in his rookie season: valeri bure and saku koivu in 95-96!!!

rib71 03-09-2004 12:47 AM

ya good job , but id like to point out that dag has 15 in 44 games and no power play time, hate to say it but he would score more then ryder if he played 70 games!!!

penopekoo 03-09-2004 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rib71
ya good job , but id like to point out that dag has 15 in 44 games and no power play time, hate to say it but he would score more then ryder if he played 70 games!!!

But Dagenais has fewer assists, and doesn't check as much, and isn't as good defensively, and doesn't make things happen without shooting the puck from wherever.

Granted, I like Dagenais, but I think Ryder is the better player for the time being.

HabsoluteFate 03-09-2004 12:58 AM

what does Dagenais have to do with this article? im happy with Dagenai's play but come on theres already a thread out there about him

Ryder is quite the surprise...glad to see he can keep it up even though in my mind Rib is having the most problems this season lately although he is still getting points

it should be interesting how all these guys perform in the playoffs...i hope Rib can turn it up a notch...if he can he's going to please a lot more nay sayers out there...

As for ryder...seeing how his style is i dont think he should have any problems in the playoffs.

Can you believe how well the habs are doing considering they have one of their top forwards (Kovalev), 2 of their top penalty killers (Sundstrom, Bulis), and their top defenceman (Souray) out of the line up...? I just hope the players dont get burned out...playoffs are just around the corner

btw...Koivu/Zednik are doing great but Rib hasnt perfomed as well, although Claude Julien wont do it I'd put Kovalev with Rib and Ryder temporarily and put Dagenais with Koivu & Zednik...as for Perreault on the fourth line or scratched (preferably scratched once either Sundstrom or Bulis come back).

my full line up with everyone healthy (if no more trades occur):

Dagenais Koivu Zednick
Ryder Ribeiro Kovalev
Bulis Begin Sundstrom
Juneau Dowd Ward

Reservists: Perreault, Kilger, Langdon, Dackell
Am i missing anyone...?

ummm this was supposed to be a quick reply :)

rib71 03-09-2004 12:59 AM

ryder is plus 4
dags is +9

true ryder is better checker

J-D 03-09-2004 01:34 AM

Well, if you only resort to stats to base your judgement on players... well... that's your right, but don't get angry if people tell you to buy yourself a TV and watch the game, because that's what you should do to properly assess players' abilities.

Both Ryder and Dagenais are sub-par checkers BTW.

rib71 03-09-2004 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-D
Well, if you only resort to stats to base your judgement on players... well... that's your right, but don't get angry if people tell you to buy yourself a TV and watch the game, because that's what you should do to properly assess players' abilities.

Both Ryder and Dagenais are sub-par checkers BTW.

never said he was a great checker?
i said he can check and he can!!!

MattScott 03-09-2004 03:08 AM

Dagenais' plus/minus really baffles me... Mostly because it really doesn't have a lot to do with him, he's no where to be seen in the defensive end. To compare him to Ryder is obsurd, sure Dags may score more goals if given the opportunity, but he sure won't win you as many games, I'm sick of one dimensional players like him, we've had Perreault for 3 years now... I just hope either Dags can start playing big or we can get someone else in there who can.

#44_delivers 03-09-2004 04:24 AM

honestly i have no clue whats wrong with people i start a thread congradulating our rookie who just got 20 goals for us, and its become a freek'n ryder vs. dagenias thread.
oh and BTW if your trying to compare dags with ryder get you head examined!

oli500 03-09-2004 07:54 AM

:handclap: What a year this kid is having, :bow:

rib71 03-09-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
honestly i have no clue whats wrong with people i start a thread congradulating our rookie who just got 20 goals for us, and its become a freek'n ryder vs. dagenias thread.
oh and BTW if your trying to compare dags with ryder get you head examined!

?? im comparing stats ? i just mentioned it i didnt want it to be a ryder vs dags thread

ryder has been given more of a chance this year then dags has!!!!
im just stating facts

#44_delivers 03-09-2004 11:27 AM

Quote:

?? im comparing stats ? i just mentioned it i didnt want it to be a ryder vs dags thread

im just stating facts

yes but thats a deserved chance.
ryder forchecks and can skate, knows how to pass and plays a better over all game then dagenias.
on a respectable team dags would of had no chance, dags is a filler and is not a playoff style player while ryder IS a playoff player.

Prrebel 03-09-2004 11:52 AM

Let me put this simply as;

Dags is one dimential
Ryder is not.

rib71 03-09-2004 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
yes but thats a deserved chance.
ryder forchecks and can skate, knows how to pass and plays a better over all game then dagenias.
on a respectable team dags would of had no chance, dags is a filler and is not a playoff style player while ryder IS a playoff player.

pretty good job for a filler

jonny5 03-09-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

im just stating facts

Ryder deserves more of a chance than Daginais. Ryder shows up for every game and gives his all. Sure, there are some games when Ryder is not quite as impressive as in other games, but at least he will try. Besides,if putting the puck in the net is all Daginais can do, he does it well. But comparing him to Ryder, there is no comparison.

montreal 03-10-2004 07:21 PM

Ryder's shot is so damn impressive. I love how he doesn't hold back and shoots often. He makes some nifty moves to get him in a good shooting lane, and his wrist shot is deadly. I never expected him to be so good, who would have thought that a kid that hasn't played one single NHL game before this season would be 2nd on the team in scoring and have 20 goals. wow

As for Dags, he's been in the right place at the right time, but his skating and speed should put him in the press box when the playoffs roll around. Guess we'll see.