HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Mason VS Price VS Rask (better career? first to win Cup?) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=602193)

Mr. Hab 02-02-2009 03:04 AM

Mason VS Price VS Rask (better career? first to win Cup?)
 
All three are my favorite young goalies...
I'm already a huge fan of Mason, and I've been a fan of Rask since his WJC appearance (I really like his style). And I'm also a huge fan of Price.

I think all three will have good/very good NHL careers. Question is...who will have an excellent NHL career? And, who will be first to win a Stanley Cup? (maybe none? maybe all three?!). None of us have crystal balls, but it's still fun to chit-chat about it!!

Cheers

imayagainknowanson 02-02-2009 03:07 AM

nobody :laugh::laugh: .

maybe price because columbus not win stenley in next 5-10 years.

kmad 02-02-2009 03:15 AM

Price and Mason are already starters, while Rask isn't.

That said, Rask has the best chance of winning the cup first but not as a starter. I'd put Mason second because Columbus is finally putting it together with great upcoming talent, followed by Price and the Canadiens.

Mr. Hab 02-02-2009 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakovsky (Post 17673630)
Price and Mason are already starters, while Rask isn't.

That said, Rask has the best chance of winning the cup first but not as a starter. I'd put Mason second because Columbus is finally putting it together with great upcoming talent, followed by Price and the Canadiens.

Remember Ward?! ;) (Gerber was supposed to be #1 starter but failed...the rest as they say is...history!).

IMO, Rask should have been #2 this year, but...Manny Fernandez happened.

Who knows...maybe Rask has more chances of winning the Cup than Thomas? (btw, I do like Thomas, not a Tim-hater but just a bigger fan of Rask, although...Tim is having a GREAT season...he deserves it ,imo...is he ufa soon?! or is it just 'cause the whole team is playing well?).

kmad 02-02-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 17673681)
Remember Ward?! ;) (Gerber was supposed to be #1 starter but failed...the rest as they say is...history!).

IMO, Rask should have been #2 this year, but...Manny Fernandez happened.

Who knows...maybe Rask has more chances of winning the Cup than Thomas? (btw, I do like Thomas, not a Tim-hater but just a bigger fan of Rask, although...Tim is having a GREAT season...he deserves it ,imo...is he ufa soon?! or is it just 'cause the whole team is playing well?).

Yep, Thomas' contract is up at the end of the season and I believe Fernandez's too.

tony d 02-02-2009 07:37 AM

Carey Price

Kaoz 02-02-2009 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 17673681)
Remember Ward?! ;) (Gerber was supposed to be #1 starter but failed...the rest as they say is...history!).

IMO, Rask should have been #2 this year, but...Manny Fernandez happened.

Who knows...maybe Rask has more chances of winning the Cup than Thomas? (btw, I do like Thomas, not a Tim-hater but just a bigger fan of Rask, although...Tim is having a GREAT season...he deserves it ,imo...is he ufa soon?! or is it just 'cause the whole team is playing well?).

Barely, the guy is once again injured for stretches of the season.

Yea, both guys are UFA's but it's a real concern in Boston. They may not be able to resign either guy with Krejci, Kessel and Hunwick hitting RFA (Chia's already said he'll do whatever it takes to keep Kess and Krejci in the fold).

That leaves Rask and a needed backup (serviceable tender with a low price tag), so we could technically be looking at the same situation the Habs were last year (except we hope it doesn't happen until the offseason). We can only hope Rask can hold down the fort as well as Price has in Montreal if that arises.

flannelman 02-02-2009 07:55 AM

no Bernier, Pogge and a shlew of others?

I'd have to say that Mason looks really, really good - Price has plenty of talent and Tuuka may have outgrown the AHL.

You're really asking two questions, here (I think?) - better career could go to a guy that wins more cups/Vezina's but perhaps doesn't get them early on in his career.

I didn't vote - because it would have been a homer (Rask) vote - but I think it's too early to tell

mapes 02-02-2009 07:57 AM

I'd say Mason.

Sony Eriksson* 02-02-2009 08:33 AM

Mason is this years LeClaire....Price right now!

Mike Yeos Eyebrows 02-02-2009 08:39 AM

Rask's play in pre-season and against the Rangers tells me he's ready to be a starting goaltender. Boston just happens to have the luxury of having two veteran #1 goalies so Rask doesn't need to be rushed.

Redwingsfan 02-02-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addiction (Post 17674461)
Mason is this years LeClaire....Price right now!

In what way? There is nothing similar about them other than the fact that both plays for Columbus...

Neely2005 02-02-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 17673681)
Remember Ward?! ;) (Gerber was supposed to be #1 starter but failed...the rest as they say is...history!).

IMO, Rask should have been #2 this year, but...Manny Fernandez happened.

Who knows...maybe Rask has more chances of winning the Cup than Thomas? (btw, I do like Thomas, not a Tim-hater but just a bigger fan of Rask, although...Tim is having a GREAT season...he deserves it ,imo...is he ufa soon?! or is it just 'cause the whole team is playing well?).

Thomas & Fernandez are Both UFA at the end of this season.

Use the Schwartz* 02-02-2009 11:47 AM

Mason!

Dwight 02-02-2009 12:33 PM

Mason is putting together one HELL of a season, but the homer in me still says that Price will be regarded as the better goalie 20-30 years from now :D

Sony Eriksson* 02-02-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwingsfan (Post 17675149)
In what way? There is nothing similar about them other than the fact that both plays for Columbus...

LeClaire was 24w 17L with a GAA of 2.25 & a SV% .919 along with 9 shutouts

Mason has 19W and 11L with a GAA of 2.06 & a SV% .925 along with 7 Shutouts.

So saying Mason is this years LeClaire is not out of reach.

Analyzer 02-02-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flannelman (Post 17674240)
no Bernier, Pogge and a shlew of others?

Pogge sucks. Toronto might not have a solid enough team in front of him to bring him up for another season, or two.

Rask, Price, Mason.

BadHammy* 02-02-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely2005 (Post 17675195)
Thomas & Fernandez are Both UFA at the end of this season.

My prediction: Tuuka is the starter in Boston by 2010/11 and maybe by the end of next season.

Frolov 6'3 02-02-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flannelman (Post 17674240)
no Bernier, Pogge and a shlew of others?

He asking an opinion about HIS favorite goalies.

HockeyThoughts 02-02-2009 04:01 PM

As it stands;
Price
Mason

Rask.

Ludicrous Speed 02-02-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addiction (Post 17677565)
LeClaire was 24w 17L with a GAA of 2.25 & a SV% .919 along with 9 shutouts

Mason has 19W and 11L with a GAA of 2.06 & a SV% .925 along with 7 Shutouts.

So saying Mason is this years LeClaire is not out of reach.

Yeah, it's not out of reach. It's just ignorant. Just because their numbers are similar doesn't make them the same in any way. Their respective styles of play are completely different.

Plus the fact that Mason's breakout year is his rookie year as a 20 year old; Leclaire's was when he was 25, and it has been his only good season.

Honestly, I'm not trying to be a ***** or anything, but saying that Mason is this year's Leclaire is the definition of ignorance. That is how I feel; it's not an attack, so don't take it the wrong way.

mytor4* 02-02-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 17673612)
All three are my favorite young goalies...
I'm already a huge fan of Mason, and I've been a fan of Rask since his WJC appearance (I really like his style). And I'm also a huge fan of Price.

I think all three will have good/very good NHL careers. Question is...who will have an excellent NHL career? And, who will be first to win a Stanley Cup? (maybe none? maybe all three?!). None of us have crystal balls, but it's still fun to chit-chat about it!!

Cheers

Really high on Price and Mason.Wait till Rask plays in the NHL to try to compare him with the other two.On Price and Mason i'll hold back my thoughts on who will become the better goalie.Too early to tell.I will say both goalies should become top notch goalies in the NHL. Back to Rask. If he continues to play like he has been when he's brought up than he will also become another goalie on the level of Price and Mason.

Kamina 02-02-2009 04:57 PM

Cup - Rask, Mason, Price
Career - Mason, Price, Rask

Dr Quincy 02-02-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 17673612)
All three are my favorite young goalies...
I'm already a huge fan of Mason, and I've been a fan of Rask since his WJC appearance (I really like his style). And I'm also a huge fan of Price.

I think all three will have good/very good NHL careers. Question is...who will have an excellent NHL career? And, who will be first to win a Stanley Cup? (maybe none? maybe all three?!). None of us have crystal balls, but it's still fun to chit-chat about it!!

Cheers

Wow. First of all, I think we have to put Rask 3rd just because he's proven way less than the other 2. Mason is having a much better year than Price, but is it one of those "Jim Carey" things?

This is one of the few cases where I actually have no opinion. I can't decide.

AK 02-02-2009 05:34 PM

Price all the way around.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.