HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Morris to Pho (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=60223)

Barnaby 03-09-2004 07:30 AM

Morris to Pho

Morris and a prospect for Vaananan and Gratton

It's too bad we couldn't find a way to pull Morris for DeVries and Barnaby. We had better trade DeVries nd get back something good.... certainly better then we did for Maladog.

pld459666 03-09-2004 07:53 AM

That would have been a greta trade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby

It's too bad we couldn't find a way to pull Morris for DeVries and Barnaby. We had better trade DeVries nd get back something good.... certainly better then we did for Maladog.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-09-2004 07:55 AM

God is there a more hyped player in the league than Gratton? How many chances does he get to become the player everyone believes he should be?

Melrose_Jr. 03-09-2004 08:45 AM

I really thought Morris was coming here. Branaby + deVries > Vaananan + Gratton, right? :dunno:

newf 03-09-2004 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby

no way morris is worth devries and barnaby! but i do think that devries is the trade that will get us the most back. he's not too old, has a fairly good deal to pick up (it was front heavy), and is a valuable commodity - a steady defenceman with playoff experience

Melrose_Jr. 03-09-2004 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newf
no way morris is worth devries and barnaby!

I've heard this 5 million times over the past week on these boards, yet Vaananan and Chris effing Gratton, the forward equivalent of Malakhov in terms of uselessness, pull Morris AND Ballard!!! You're telling me THAT'S fair value!?!?!?!

newf 03-09-2004 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I've heard this 5 million times over the past week on these boards, yet Vaananan and Chris effing Gratton, the forward equivalent of Malakhov in terms of uselessness, pull Morris AND Ballard!!! You're telling me THAT'S fair value!?!?!?!

no i don't think that's fair, but that just means phoenix made a great trade.
if the rangers were to trade devries and barnaby for morris, that would be a bad trade. as far as i'm concerned, morris is another poti. tons of potential. frustrating because they haven't fulfilled it (yet).

Bluenote13 03-09-2004 10:39 AM

Morris has/is/will always be OVERRATED. The guy can move the puck, but thats about it. He's mini-Poti. :p

in the hall 03-09-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Morris has/is/will always be OVERRATED. The guy can move the puck, but thats about it. He's mini-Poti. :p

hes better defensively then offensively and also is consistent... he is no port-a-poti.. colorado also got a second in the deal

morris+ballard
for
vaananan+gratton+second