HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I wouldn't be too worry about the last two games... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=60249)

jcpenny 03-09-2004 07:54 AM

I wouldn't be too worry about the last two games...

Yes we got pepered by shots but it is something to expect when you play against teams that fight for their lives. In the same situation the leafs got killed 5-1 against the Sabres, Calgary crushed the Avs 7-1 or even the wins where we completely owned the Sens and the Devils. But what those wins means is that we have superior goaltending and now that could put some playoffs comparison between Theo and Belfour to rest. Komisarek played great the last 2 games and i'm starting to worry about Quintal. Hope that BG i looking for that Defenseman...

Darz 03-09-2004 08:02 AM

Worried about the last two games?????

We won both of 'em. Maybe not the best efforts by the habs and maybe our opponents deserved something for their efforts, but you gotta remember good teams know how to win. Good teams win games maybe they shouldn't. Bad teams lose games they deserve to win.

Montreal Canadiens = good team

jcpenny 03-09-2004 05:14 PM

You're right, we did found a way to win and we scored a lot even without Kovalev and Bulis.

Raider917 03-09-2004 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
You're right, we did found a way to win and we scored a lot even without Kovalev and Bulis.

and thank god for goalposts. thyre definetely working for us.

electric 03-10-2004 04:20 AM

Don't forget that the Habs were playing 9 games in 15 nights... there was probably a fatigue factor that can explain why they weren't at their best... but who cares, they won and that's what counts :yo:

Tuggy 03-10-2004 04:53 AM

What I find most impressive about the whole thing is that....

In year's past we would always struggle on the west coast trip but this time around they finished 3-1. Winning 3 games in 4 nights on the road!

The Habs are no longer push overs but the rest of the league seems to still think they are, which is fine by me. I can't remember the last time the Habs weren't just scratching to get in the playoffs, but this season with 12 games left they sit 11 games over .500 and we are winning games without two key components of our team(Souray and Bulis). Throw in Kovalev and its lookin alright. Also I think our defense is a lot better then people think, plus the Habs have one of the best goalies in the Eastern conference. I am so excited for the playoffs this year and really think these guys can make some noise!

oli500 03-10-2004 11:56 AM

You see, last year those would be games that we would of lost. This yeare we find ways of winning. It can just be good for the confidence especialy before going into the playoffs. Right now we have two goaltenders that are on top of theire games, saku is playing extremly good. And Markov is finding his toch of last season. This is just good for the playoffs. Confidence plays a big role in youre team playoffs sucees and right now the habs are playing with determanation.